Hey all, 

I need a 757 for P3D, it's by far by favorite transport category aircraft. I had the Quality wings version, but all it did was constantly overspeed and the throttles wouldn't decrease thrust until way after reaching an altitude restriction. If possible, can someone tell me if this has been fixed or if there is a fix for this? Qualitywings support is abysmal. I'm using a Goflight TQ6 with a registered FSUIPC copy if that helps.

I'm interested in the Captain Sim version as well, and while I understand it isn't PMDG or FSL quality,  is this going to have all of the essential systems functioning correctly (including vnav) and does it have realistic flight dynamics? I've heard some complaints which is why I am skeptical. Please help if you can. 

Thank you!

CS have ZERO customer support for P3D users now, so keep that in mind.

Their 757 is descent, better than QW757 for sure, I'd say even better than QW787 except non-PBR model.

Most systems works as manual in normal condition (and maybe a little abuse, but no failure model), VNAV descend is semi-broken, mostly due to it'll make a sharp dive in turning, but I'd say it's serviceable (I have many flight with full VNAV descend, but I'll have to tolerate some instability.), Use VNAV for non-ILS approach is actually quite good.

The flight dynamic is overly underpower, and descend rate is too low but spoiler works too good, you'll gain speed and over 250kts under FL100 if you follow VNAV without spoiler. I have made some adjustment in .cfg and .air file to make it works "normally", but never have time to fine tune it to match realworld value, when I was doing that, I thought they'll update sooner or later as they seems actively working on it, but not anymore, and I don't have time and interest to do that now.

If you have XP, I'd strongly suggest go FlightFactor 757, the systems is about the same level, but they do have active support, and they recently updated their 767, so 757 shouldn't be far away. and XP12 support is confirmed, unlike CS757 even have some problem running in P3Dv5 (it's only marked as v4 supported)

If you still decide give CS757 a go, buy it at discount, at least under $50 for the base pack I'd say.

Edited by C2615

Personally I'm not unhappy with the QW 757, it's certainly cheap enough and there are many download options like actual cabin announcements.

Plus there is a PBR mod available and it appears to work Ok in v5 for the limited amount of testing I've performed.

As to the specific questions, sorry I've not really recognised such problems but I've not any experience with any other dev's versions to compare with.

Cheers

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I did take the QW 757 out for a fly after watching the linked vid.

Didn't really have a problem though.

I didn't delve in deeply, just set a heading, alittude, vs and speed.

And no drama, the aircraft climbed to it's set alititude maintaining vs and speed all the way and leveled out while maintaining the set speed, autothrottle was clearly working.

I do load a simpler aircraft first, then the 757 if that means anything.

And the 757 is installed with HF2 so it's version would be 1.4.2

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Agree with @C2615. I've enjoyed flying the Captain Sim B757 over the years. It has its quirks and features, but it offers a reasonable simulation of flying a B757 (I know "reasonable" is subjective). What are the risks?

1. CS offers no customer support for their P3D products. But before they implemented this policy their customer support was weak. Still, their forum serves as a good repository of knowledge for common problems. 
  2. You will think the product is still too expensive, and I agree. It was discounted to $75.70 (cute, but still too expensive). Suggest waiting until they have a sale. I've seen it as low as $25. 
  3. What if you change your mind after purchase. No luck, their products are non-refundable. 

Have you considered the 757 Jetliner FREEMIUM from Just Flight? 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I had the overspeed problem in FSX and QW went above and beyond in support, but we were never able to get it resolved. I assume it doesn't affect everyone, so I guess it's just one of those things. And that was FSX, not P3D.

The Captain Sim 757 was their original transitional glass product, IIRC, and the current iteration works fine in v5.2. I think it's the better airplane, but, aside from the overspeed issue I had in FSX, I don't have anything bad to say about the QW 757. I haven't experienced the autopilot issues others have reported in the CS 757. It doesn't seem to be as nimble as it needs to be for certain approaches (I'm thinking of anything with a fish hook procedural turn) so I wouldn't expect a fire-and-forget airplane. VNAV works fine for me, although you'll see a lot people saying "VNAV is broken" (and a lot of other things). I think it may come down to how you fly the airplane, how "hands on" you like to be, and what procedures you use. I'm not going to say I've never experienced a busted limit or lateral excursion, but they've never been often enough to bother me. I think Aerosoft's Airbus series does automation durn near perfect, for example. I don't think CS ever really nailed glass airplanes as well as some other devs, and I regretted their decision to abandon their steam gauge niche, but I think more people are interested in newer airplanes. For a survey developer, though, which is what they've really been, I think they've done a good job. 

If you use ATC, you shouldn't have any autopilot issues. If you prefer to fly from start to finish using procedures, I'd monitor it for the rare excursion and be aware of its limitations, but I've probably logged more hours on it than any other airplane--I did the original review here on it and it used to be my favorite airplane.

I don't fly it much anymore, though, for the same reasons it was retired from passenger service: it's niche got filled with other airplanes and it just doesn't feel different enough from the CS 737-300 or 767. I'd just rather fly something different for a route that length, like the iFly 737NG, an Airbus or even an L1011 or DC-8. So many airplanes, so little time!

The CS forum isn't what it used to be for sure. There used to be a very friendly and active community that provided excellent peer-to-peer support and mods, which was pretty much what support there ever was. Do other developers provide a "90 day refund no-questions asked" refund policy or the like? In any case, it's true: CS does not provide refunds, but on the other hand, I think I have had every one of their products and have never wanted a refund. Expense is subjective, of course, but I agree that it makes sense to wait for one of their sales.

Anyway, I've always liked Captain Sim--which puts me in the minority here--and would be happy to help out via PM on any of their jets.

Edited by Tim_Capps