Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

AeroDynamics KC-10/DC-10 project!

Didn't really see anything posted here about this project or I missed it lol  I always loved the dc-10 ever since I  flew on a few as a passenger and my last flight to Hawaii was on a continental airlines dc-10 from Newark most of the info is on there discord channel. https://discord.gg/BnyHDrF565 or https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aero-dynamics-dc-10-kc-10-for-msfs/469242 its looking amazing so far.

52277944554_da8284f816_k.jpg1 by Cesar Martinez, on Flickr

52277696788_4b9eedfc2d_k.jpgDCEng9 by Cesar Martinez, on Flickr

52276697917_f6f4d661b4_k.jpga56ad517a4370e94c7ce86b77b517e51 by Cesar Martinez, on Flickr

52276697937_5ee2194b2b_k.jpg0213cf7e2f9e9325e28903625bbc2b9a by Cesar Martinez, on Flickr

52277673896_2fe71229a8_k.jpg074e9faa2e9c8e1a63f39a858f4607ef by Cesar Martinez, on Flickr

Edited by Silverbird
  • Like 10

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I had posted about this project here a few moons ago and, if I recall properly, the whole thing got shot down in flames with comments such as "it will never happen, and if it happens it won't be good... or can't trust such projects, too big for a small team" .

The negative vibes can be strong at AVSim, not entirely sure why.

Exciting stuff right there😆

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

I had posted about this project here a few moons ago and, if I recall properly, the whole thing got shot down in flames with comments such as "it will never happen, and if it happens it won't be good... or can't trust such projects, too big for a small team" .

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

This may not be what you're looking for in a reply, but I'll preface this and say there is no negative tone when I say it. The unfortunate reality is that right now we are still dealing with a market that is flooded with developers who are simply trying to make a quick buck. They show off pretty pictures, but the aircraft has absolutely no depth beyond visual quality and each time something is said we get blasted with, "This is not meant to be study level". So my concern here (Note - I said concern and didn't imply it will happen) is that we will get a pretty model of the DC-10 and it'll take the community to mod the hell out of it for it to actually fly like a DC-10. I hope I'm wrong.... I really, really do, but until the professional community can start spitting out more quality work like PMDG and Fenix, everyone will remain a skeptic (myself included). So far their product looks really good... lets just hope they go deeper with it... more importantly, lets hope they actually communicate that before releasing it. Just my two cents.

Here is a funny image that was posted awhile back and perfectly explains development for some devs haha (Clearly a joke)

spacer.png

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I also believe they are not really negative comments but rather, if you’ve been in flight simulation long enough, realistic observations.

There’s been many promises broken in the past hence why a lot of us don’t hold our breath. 

But I hope a lot of these planes that have been announced do make it and the developers do them justice. 

• Like 5

Hopefully this project comes to live for MSFS, love the 3 engines Liner ( MD11, DC10 ).

And this on already looks just beautiful..

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Well, those are fair comments this time around 😛 I simply believe we should generally show support to Dev Teams willing to invest time and brain power for free - big and small - and then we, the sim community, can eventually applaud or shoot down in flames upon "release".

The FBW Team got a ton of AAA fire upon announcing their project, we got lucky the neg vibes did not dent their vision 🙂  Their success gives me hope much more will follow, and if some of those fail along the way, I will still applaud for having tried. I didn't !

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Edited by TooLowTooSlow
  • Like 4

I still remember when an unheard of developer called Aamir arrived on the scene, told us what he would do, and at what price, and the scepticism (and even laughter) that followed.

By the way, what ever happened to that Fenix aircraft?  Did it ever happen within two years MSFS being launched?  Is it any good?  If it is, I bet it's expensive!  :unsure:

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well, as I like to present an alternative viewpoint, I just say that I think it looks gorgeous and unless it comes out with a three figure price tag I'll have a copy. Personally, I have zero idea what a DC-10 flies like and I don't care. If this comes out with the flight model of a 747 or anything else that's fine by me. I wouldn't know the difference anyway. As long as it looks great and flies reasonably well, by which I mean that it feels like a big plane, gets off the ground without me needing a degree in cockpit mechanics, flies around responsively to the normal controls and comes back down comfortably, I'm in.

I'd like all aircraft models to come with a study level slider to control the complexity levels. It would run from "Homer Simpson" to "Einstein" and dictate how much you had to do to fly the thing. Mine would be almost permanently set to Homer, for sure. That's precisely where I want to be when flying.

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Nice to see a classic getting some love!  Hopefully it comes to fruition at a decent quality level.

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I also hope it comes to fruition.

There is a shortage of Vintage Jet aircraft in MSFS.

Any of the following, [source: Historic Jetliners Group], would be interesting to fly in MSFS.

AEROSPATIALE/BAC CONCORDE, AMD MERCURE 100, B707, B720, B717-200, B727, B737, BAC ONE-ELEVEN, BAe-146/ARJ, C-135 (SERIES), CV-880, CV-990, DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, DH COMET, HS TRIDENT, L-1011 TRISTAR, MD80/90, SE CARAVELLE, and VC-10

T45

Edited by Treetops45
  • Like 2

This is from the faq section on their Discord:

Q: Is the KC-10 a freeware aircraft?
A: Yes. We currently plan to release this aircraft free to the public on completion.

Q: Will this be a study level aircraft?:
A: Eventually, yes. It will have an operational Pilot, Copilot, Flight Engineer, and Boom station with articulated boom in due time.

Q: Are there KC-10 Pilots working on this project?:
A: Yes. Two Pilots, and Two Boom Operators, and Three Flight Engineers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So, in my non flying capacity, I manage software product development. In that world of herding cats, I know it takes a lot a work for people who actually do it on a full time basis. For people who do it on the side for free, driven by passion, it's even harder. You don't have the full infrastructure and support to crank out work. In fact, when you do it for free, its free for users but costly for you. Even if you are not spending funds for it, it costs you in man power. This is one of the main reasons I will support flightsim efforts. Every payware ATC program, I bought because I want/need those efforts to survive. If a payware/freeware aircraft sparks my interests, I give all the technical support I can for free. I have assisted multiple developers with expertise to help them get their product as real as can be. I am excited to see another DC10 effort because I flew DC/KC10s. Though we may complain and state so called facts about development in the industry, lets keep in mind that we have to support these developers in their efforts, especially when they do it for free. If I had coding expertise, I would crank out some hardcore stuff! They won't look as good because I focus on procedure, aircraft performance and behaviors🤣. Even if this DC10 comes out as just a shell and instrument panel, I can tweak it to make it feel and fly like a DC10. Between flying and herding cats, I know I don't have the knowledge, patience, drive or time to code. So I support these teams as much as I can.

Rick

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Haha yeah must have missed it I was like looking all over for any news of a dc-10 or other tri jets love them.... cant wait for this to be released  one day dev team seem look good people and always posting progress when they can they even did a 3d scan of the flightdeck.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

9 hours ago, asanosho said:

This is from the faq section on their Discord:

Q: Is the KC-10 a freeware aircraft?
A: Yes. We currently plan to release this aircraft free to the public on completion.

Q: Will this be a study level aircraft?:
A: Eventually, yes. It will have an operational Pilot, Copilot, Flight Engineer, and Boom station with articulated boom in due time.

Q: Are there KC-10 Pilots working on this project?:
A: Yes. Two Pilots, and Two Boom Operators, and Three Flight Engineers

Thanks for forgot to post that and the fact that's its freeware too.😁

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Aero Dynamics dev here. Personally, I put in about 20 hours a week into this project while working full time as a KC-10 crewmember. I don't see this project fading away because 'We need developers' (I have seen this all too often being in the Dev community). We have the drive and the passion spoken previously and it's topics like this that keep us driving full speed. Love to see that the Flight Sim community keeps a close eye on us awaiting what we have to offer!

- JT 

• Like 23
  • Upvote 2