Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Beautiful Model of the World

I sent Alexey an email yesterday explaining I lost all my downloads and he returned the email today. He is making efforts to reopen the site. He's attempting to migrate the site so members can download the existing airports but he can't take payment from new members because of sanctions from us and even from Russia who are also imposing sanctions against doing business with the West. Hopefully the world will be at peace again soon. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Todd2 said:

I sent Alexey an email yesterday explaining I lost all my downloads and he returned the email today. He is making efforts to reopen the site. He's attempting to migrate the site so members can download the existing airports but he can't take payment from new members because of sanctions from us and even from Russia who are also imposing sanctions against doing business with the West. Hopefully the world will be at peace again soon. 

He is attempting for 2 months now according to himself, but nothing has happened….

Migrating a site does not take months…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Except maybe when there are exceptional restrictions in place...

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Except maybe when there are exceptional restrictions in place...

Sure, we all heard about the EU-sanctions saying that Russians are not allowed to offer downloads for free, but have to sell their stuff on Simmarket.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Naturally, you have in-depth experience of operating e-commerce from a country that is sanctioned by most of the countries with which you wished to do business.
Perhaps you can share this with the owner of Beautiful Model of the World, so that they can start to operate again despite the sanctions imposed both from outside and inside their own country.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

It was a very good deal to become a member of his club, but now I'm not sure if we'll get the product updates or the future projects from him as well. There are too may complaints on his forum.

Hopefully he's able to be back soon with the same business model.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

He is attempting for 2 months now according to himself, but nothing has happened….

Pray tell Mr Armchair Expert, how does it work exactly from the position the modder is in? As you clearly know...

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I paid 24 Euros to Beautiful Model of the World last year (2021) and have downloaded 20+ airports and updates. That's about $1.25US per airport. If that's ripping a customer off .....

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

That's a bit harsh for you to say...We have no idea of what he is going through at this time with everything going on.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Well, this is why they are called "sanctions".

Yup. And if he did manage to get his site up and running elsewhere I'm not sure it would be ethical (or legal) to download from it. At least I would feel uncomfortable in doing so.

Edited by jarmstro

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Naturally, you have in-depth experience of operating e-commerce from a country that is sanctioned by most of the countries with which you wished to do business.
Perhaps you can share this with the owner of Beautiful Model of the World, so that they can start to operate again despite the sanctions imposed both from outside and inside their own country.

Without going into details : I did exactly this 6 weeks ago….

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Without going into details : I did exactly this 6 weeks ago….

You went to live in Russia and set up an e-commerce company that deals with the countries that impose sanctions?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alex has no more access to Paypal nor Dropbox nor to international banks services.
He can't earn his life from his work anymore and the airports that are still available from Simmarket are old ones.

Some here seem to lack a minimum of compassion and tolerance.
He is just another victim of a mad man's policy.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.