Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Trackir 5 Not Working on MSFS 2020

Hello all, new to the forum and glad to be here. I have 2 trackir 5's and have had them both for several years. Never had a minutes problem with them. I use them on IL 2, x plane10 and FSX 10. They work great on these flight sims. I purchased MSFS 2020 standard addition a week or so ago and just now installing one of my trackir 5's on the sim since I have all my other flight sim hardware all hooked up and running. After installing trackir on MSFS I can't seem to get it to work on the sim, I know it's in not the trackir as it works fine on other flight sims. This is what I've done so far......

1. Checked and it has the latest software update.
2. I always start the Trackir first then the sim....some people had trouble starting the sim first then the trackir?
3.Tried several different aircraft (Cessna 152, Cessna 172) no luck.
4.Rebooted my pc several time after changes....no luck
5. When everything is all hooked up with the sim and trackir, just the left green light is on. MSFS doesn't seem to recognize the trackir for some reason?
6. Checked my Steam app to make sure MSFS 2020 was not hidden.

I have about run out of idea's? Can someone using trackir in msfs that works fine let me know...maybe some little something I'm missing or doing?

Regards

Lamar Wright

Do you start TrackIR before MSFS? I believe you have to.

• Upvote 3

Edmundo Azevedo

9 minutes ago, hychewright said:

Hello all, new to the forum and glad to be here. I have 2 trackir 5's and have had them both for several years. Never had a minutes problem with them. I use them on IL 2, x plane10 and FSX 10. They work great on these flight sims. I purchased MSFS 2020 standard addition a week or so ago and just now installing one of my trackir 5's on the sim since I have all my other flight sim hardware all hooked up and running. After installing trackir on MSFS I can't seem to get it to work on the sim, I know it's in not the trackir as it works fine on other flight sims. This is what I've done so far......

1. Checked and it has the latest software update.
2. I always start the Trackir first then the sim....some people had trouble starting the sim first then the trackir?
3.Tried several different aircraft (Cessna 152, Cessna 172) no luck.
4.Rebooted my pc several time after changes....no luck
5. When everything is all hooked up with the sim and trackir, just the left green light is on. MSFS doesn't seem to recognize the trackir for some reason?
6. Checked my Steam app to make sure MSFS 2020 was not hidden.

I have about run out of idea's? Can someone using trackir in msfs that works fine let me know...maybe some little something I'm missing or doing?

Did you activate trackIR inside of MSFS? During a flight go to the camera menu and check that "TrackIR" is switched on. I'm sure that's what you are missing.

• Like 2

Check the presence of sim-connect.xml in your files. It is Sim-connect that allows to recognize track-ir. 

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

It's always clunky for me. Like it was mentioned check to see if it's turned on in the MSFS camera settings. Also when you said the latest software do you mean you went to the drop down menu and selected check for game updates. ? Just make sure you see MSFS in the supported games list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ega said:

Do you start TrackIR before MSFS? I believe you have to.

Read his #2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If it is really glitched, which can happen, there is a mouse emulation app that comes with TrackIR that you can run . This works reasonably well as a work around if the game is not recognising the camera.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

checked  that  you  havnt  set  your  profile  for  another  sim  as  i  had  done before   and   didnt  work 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I remember I had the same issues and the answer is in the above posts I think. Just not sure what got mine working but I managed to in the end.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

The TrackIR 5 should work fine with MSFS so it is probably a setting somewhere that isn't right.

Does the TrackIR show up in the controller section of MSFS? If not, it could be that the TrackIR software hasn't been installed properly. I remember having to remove the TrackIR software and reinstall it again to get it working at some point.
Also make sure the Trackir software has the MSFS profile installed and the TrackIR is switched on. Since the right green LED isn't on that might indicate that TrackIR or MSFS are not detecting each other.

I noticed that if I put on the track clip after the sim has started, the right green led sometimes goes out. This happens especially when I move the trackclip a lot when putting it on my head. f I wear the track clip when starting MSFS, or are careful to keep movements of the track clip to a minimum it works fine though.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Read his #2

I apologise David...missed it...

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

On 8/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, Fiorentoni said:

Did you activate trackIR inside of MSFS? During a flight go to the camera menu and check that "TrackIR" is switched on. I'm sure that's what you are missing.

Hi FIorentoni, yes, the TrackiR is switched on.

Regards

Lamar Wright

I load Track IR after the aircraft has been fully loaded into the sim.  It brings up the crosshairs and once they've gone,  Track IR does its stuff and you can look around the cockpit.