Sign in to follow this  
WillRiker2701

Question about P2ATC navdata

Hi.
I use Neofly a lot, and Navigraph data sadly lacks LOTS of small airports, so most of the time i can't use P2ATC because it doesn't recognize the ICAOs i'm flying. Sometimes i have to cherrypick what airports to use in Neofly, and that limits the experience a lot. A great solution to this issue would've been to use MSFS navdata in P2ATC, so that's why i'm interested in knowing this: Is it going to be possible in the future to import MSFS navdata instead of using Navigraph or NavDataPro?
Cheers!

No.  Importing Nav Data from a SIM is definitely not on the roadmap.

However, you can import airports and runway/taxiway data from MSFS today.

Follow the instructions for using MakeRunways and P2A's TaxiMnt screen for importing Taxiways and it should also pick up the small airports you are talking about.

Dave

5 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No.  Importing Nav Data from a SIM is definitely not on the roadmap.

However, you can import airports and runway/taxiway data from MSFS today.

Follow the instructions for using MakeRunways and P2A's TaxiMnt screen for importing Taxiways and it should also pick up the small airports you are talking about.

Dave

Thanks! I tried this, imported both taxiways and gates. Some airports were picked up but not all of them apparently. I didn't mark the "overwrite" boxes. I checked "import new airports" and "mark airports as unmodified" though.
Maybe i made a mistake there?

No, sounds ok. If an airport has no runways in the data, then it will not be picked up.  P2A imports all the airports that MakeRunways finds that have taxiways and/or runways.  An airport without a defined runway would not be something the program can deal with.

Dave

8 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

No, sounds ok. If an airport has no runways in the data, then it will not be picked up.  P2A imports all the airports that MakeRunways finds that have taxiways and/or runways.  An airport without a defined runway would not be something the program can deal with.

Dave

But all airports no matter how small should have at least defined runways, otherwise they aren't an airport right? 🙂 
The problem is that it isn't picking some airports that actually have taxiways, so i'm thinking i'm having a problem on MakeRunways side...

I'm going to try another version if i can find one.
Thanks Dave!

I'm noticing the missing airports runways are listed in the runways.csv file generated by MakeRunways, so MakeRunways did pick them. If they exist in that file, they should be imported into Pilot2ATC aren't they?

If they're in the r5.csv file, then they should get imported.

If you email your r5.csv and t5.csv file from MakeRwys and a couple of airports that aren't showing up to admin@p2atc.com, I can do some checking to see what's going on.

Dave

• Like 1