Sign in to follow this  
Ronaldo1978

Don Grovestine

Don Grovestine has passed away on August 3rd 2022.

He was a creator for a lot of tools to make our hobby and Flightsim experience better. Not only AIFP, but also a couple of helpers for Terrain and development.

In 2008 he creates AIFP, truly a revolution in AI flight planning. AIFP helped us to create an overall realistic AI experience in the Flightsim, supporting FS9 over FSX to P3D and lastly MSFS.

Over at Alpha India Group forums he provided the support for AIFP since Nov. 2010, reachable for all of us, regardless for a quick fix or a possibility of a new feature.

We all will greatly miss him. Thank you for all of your work, Don. Blue skies and fair winds for you.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Don Grovestine Obituary (1942 - 2022) - Victoria, BC - The Times Colonist (legacy.com)

• Like 2

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Very, very sad indeed.
A giant in our community who gave so much and asked for nothing in return.

RIP Don, and thank you for everything.

• Like 2

A true loss for the community. Don was a wonderful creative who was always willing to help the noob (me). For a big scenery project I was working on, he modified one of his software tools specifically for my application. 

A very good human. 

I agree, a giant in our community.  I say, immediate induction into the flightsim hall of fame.  

• Like 1

Sad news indeed.  I had all of his Canada sceneries for FSX and then for P3D.  I loved flying out of CYYJ & Comox. I had all of his scenery development and AI Flightplan programs.  I still have several emails from him helping me with FenceBuilder Pro and AFLT.  He was always helpful.  I feared this announcement was coming due to some of his posts on FSDeveloper.

Loved your work, Don.  RIP and thanks. My deepest condolences to his family.

• Like 4

As a keen user of AIFP it’s sad to hear he has died. There are many clever people who contribute to our hobby making it so much more enjoyable. Don was one of those people. 👏

May he rest in peace. 😔

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Don was always there to help with a speedy reply when I ran into problems with scenery.  As a local I was thrilled to install his airports for the Vancouver area.  We lost one of the great ones, RIP Don.  My condolences to his family.

\Robert Hamlich/

It was real fun working with Don on ironing out the issues with AIFP. I am immensely saddened hearing of his passing.

RIP, Don, we will meet in Flightsim Heaven.

Jorgen

Very sad to hear of his passing.  He made great contributions to the hobby through both his scenery and AIFP, both of which I used a lot over the years.  RIP.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

After reading a recent post from Don, I too, feared this day was coming.  I hope he died without anguish or pain and rests in peace.  My condolences to his friends and family. 

He was so generous with his time, skills and talents -  and did it all so humbly.  Don, you'll be missed and remembered.

Regards, Kendall

Don will be greatly missed.  He was always there when you had a question. Sometimes his answers could be very direct but you knew he was always in your court.

My thoughts and prayers for his family and to the aviation community that last a friend and a giant!!

BobM.

Bob M