Sign in to follow this  
rodger

RealAir SF260 AP confusion

>Personally I like to fly it with the minimum aids, to practice>map reading and occasionally referring to GPS if I get lost,>or shooting a few VOR navigation challenges.Yes, I like to do this too now! I am used to flying short flights with the AP on after takeoff and just before landing (using GPS mostly). Enjoying the view and so on. But with the SF260 I am enjoying the flying itself! I have done several flights without any AP at all: sometimes I use the GPS just to see if I am going a bit in the right direction. And I have to say (again ;) ) this is fun! Big advantage is that blurring and popping up isn't such a big deal anymore. :( And yes, the handling of the instruments works EXTREMELY well!How's the Scout and Duke coming on? :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had the RealAir 260 for a few months now and have really enjoyed flying it.I thought there would never be a plane that could be more fun to fly.Well,I went a bought the RealAir Spitfire and now the 260 sits in the hangar mostly.I was never a big warbird fan and being from United States really didn't know much about the Spit.After reading some comments over at sim-outhouse.com I decided to give it a try.How can 2000 plus horsepower not be a blast.Add to that the incredible sound,the incredible vc and the fact that if you push the engine too hard for too long your windshield will be oil covered and you'll be looking for a place to sit her down real quick.Of course the true FSX version should be out soon so anyone wanting to get it may be better off waiting but the FS9 version works pretty well once you move some gauge files around.From now on I'll be buying everything RealAir releases.Michael

yeah, the Spitfire is exceptionally good. I've got all of RA's planes (for FS9) and they are all just superb.

Scout is due any day now, and the Spitfire by late summer. The Duke is delayed until all the other aircraft are updated for FSX, but we really are keen to get cracking again on the Duke, which is about at the halfway point of development.All the Best,Rob Young - RealAir Simuations

lol Michael, does that PMDG sig have teeth in the cargo front of the nose?LOL

>lol Michael, does that PMDG sig have teeth in the cargo front>of the nose?>>LOLNah, but the FSX version may have emMichael

"Screw the autopilot, fly the airplane!"Succinctly put sir!Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Just purchased the updated version of the SF260 today and love it. I had the previous version for FS2004 and the FSX version is fantastic. I can't say enough for the support and outstanding customer service that I received from Rob Young.He and 'Real air simulations' have been around for a long time and the attention to detail and the flight dynamics that he has mastered over the years are phenomenal.Many thanks Rob for a great add-on to FSX and the outstanding customer and technical support that you have provided me.Regards to all and I highly recommend this add-on to your FSX hangar.Jack

Glad you like it Jack. (and don't forget...the right mouse is for the small digits!).Rob Young

>Glad you like it Jack. (and don't forget...the right mouse is>for the small digits!).>>Rob YoungThanks Rob. That speed-reading course I had years ago wasn't that great after all. Sometimes you just have to READ the fine print.Regards & thanks for an outstanding aircraft. I'm thinking seriously of contacting Air Combat U.S.A. and taking the real one up. At least I'll have some famliarization of it beforehand.jack