Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

Alternative Chatter Files Instillation

On a Windows 11 PC using MSFS.  Used P2ATC for years and have previously tried to point my chatter use to the files within ATC Chatter itself instead of having to duplicate the sound files within the default P2ATC folder...never any luck.  So thought I would give it another try...no luck.  ATC Chatter works by itself and the Chatter files work within P2ATC, as long as I copy the Chatter Regions into the default location of P2ATC per the manual.  However, if I try and point the P2ATC Chatter to the Root Folder of ATC Chatter...nothing.  I have included a screen shot of my file structure of ATC Chatter and tried to use each and every one of the folders you see as the Root Folder... i.e.: F; then tried MSFS 2020, then tried Add On's, etc...all the way down to FS ATC Chatter folder...no luck.

So, what am I doing wrong...and what do I need to do to make it work?

Thanks,

Garry

ATC Chatter.jpg

Garry Lundberg

I put my chatter files here > C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter

And under that directory I have C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers and under that the App, Clr etc folders

And in the P2ATC <config> under Sounds > I use this address as my "Root Folder"  > C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter

The "Sound Source" option on top is set to Controller Folders

Click on Play Chatter - Default Region is blank

Set your pause preferences and volume.  

Hope this helped.

Tony

Edited by Tony P

If you want to be able to use the Regions, just copy the ATC Chatter "Regions" folder and all of its contents to the Pilot2ATC ATC_Chatter folder:  C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\xxxx

Then Clear the Root folder in the Config setup and select Controller Folders as the Sound Source and select your default Region. 

Check the Play Chatter option and set your Min/Max Pause times to some value, being sure Max is higher than Min.

It should just work.

Dave.

Thanks all for the replies...however I obviously was not clear on what I'm trying to do.

I do have my current setup as Dave described and it works fine.  However, I also have the FS-ATC-Chatter program, so I end up having the Region files in two places on my PC.  One set within the FS-ATC-Chatter Program folder and a 2nd set within the Pilot2ATC program folder (just as Dave outlined).  What I trying to do is only have one set of the region files that both programs can use.

So, I went to the manual, page 79, "Alternate Root Folder" to use that to point P2ATC to the FS-ATC-Chatter program folder where the regions are located.  Can't seem to make it work.  As I said on my original post (and included a screen shot of the folder structure), I have tried using every folder within the FS-ATC-Chatter program folders as the "Root" folder...none work.

Hope this is clearer.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Dave if i choose default region "europe"   and  wanna  fly over USA ,  will it works correctly and will heard usa clips instead of europe ones?

On 8/13/2022 at 5:04 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you want to be able to use the Regions, just copy the ATC Chatter "Regions" folder and all of its contents to the Pilot2ATC ATC_Chatter folder:  C:\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\xxxx

Then Clear the Root folder in the Config setup and select Controller Folders as the Sound Source and select your default Region. 

Check the Play Chatter option and set your Min/Max Pause times to some value, being sure Max is higher than Min.

It should just work.

Dave.

I had this working before I updated to latest ATC Chatter.  Now I am not hearing any chatter?  I did exactly as described.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks. 

Screenshot-2023-11-04-192614.png