Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Addon Linker quit due to a corrupt file

Hi,

I installed a new airport and opened addon linker afterwards. The tool came with an error that it could not read the path of that airport. I then uninstalled the airport again. The error remained and it turned out that the airport in question was indeed uninstalled but the empty folder remained and cannot be deleted.

I tried the various tipps from the net like copying the folder with the same name and then deleting the original one or archiving it with the command to delete the archived data, nothing helps, this one folder cannot be deleted. The tool unblocker did not help as well. 

I could live with that but addon linker starts with the error and refuses to work. All links are gone and every attempt to set a new link results in an unhandled exception error.

I seems I need help in two areas: how to delete the folder and/or how do I get addon linker to ignore that read error and start working again.

Any help is appreciated!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

OK, the program Total Commander solved the problem.

It seems that the installer generates a blank at the end of the folder. Addon Linker has a problem reading that.

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

3 hours ago, Viking01 said:

OK, the program Total Commander solved the problem.

It seems that the installer generates a blank at the end of the folder. Addon Linker has a problem reading that.

Let the add on linker developer know.

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

hello

it's not really possible for me to replicate on my end because i don't think you can have folders that ends with the <space> character by doing standard operations on Windows (on my PC if i try to do that via the standard 'Windows explroer' the character gets automatically removed).

Probably that installer somehow managed to create a folder with that character (or another weird character that looks like a space to the human eye) at the end but then, since that is not really supported by Windows, it caused problem when you tried to delete it, and then it also created problems when AL tried to read it. Not sure if what i say here makes sense but well just my basic understanding of what might have happened 🙈.

Feel free to let me know if you run into other issues, Thank you 🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response Bad_T. It is really strange as the wrong installation can be reproduced. But it happens only if I install that airport outside the community folder, inside the blank or whatever does not appear.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider