Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

[Freeware] San Diego Brown Field (KSDM)

6WYrorI.png

Brown Field Municipal (ICAO: KSDM) is located 1.5 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border in the Otay Mesa community of the City of San Diego.Brown Field Municipal is a busy general aviation airport. General aviation encompasses all aviation except air carrier and military, although the military continues to maintain a strong presence (look at FA-18!). The types of general aviation aircraft that operate at Brown Field Municipal include private, corporate, charter, air ambulance, law enforcement, fire rescue, flight training, cargo, skydiving, banner towing, helicopters and... airships.

7pTcDjV.jpeg

All types of aircraft are welcome with
the 7,972 ft main runway. Even the famous Concorde and AN-2 landed there. Fuel (Jet and Avgas), plenty of hangars, maintenance,  ATC in effect, 2 instrument approaches and RAIL, HIRL lightning.

Free to download at: https://flightsim.to/file/38035/brown-field-muni-kdsm

7FLdtit.jpeg

VK8fOLN.jpeg

qEDcADg.jpeg

no2u71D.jpeg

Author's note

As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. In real, I'm a Plus One Flyers member and mostly fly from Montgomery Field. I'm real PPL but a rookie amateur scenery developer: this mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by high resolution aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It's a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. 1000+ objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area.

Features

• (almost in 0.9) Add all fences border all around the airport
  • All taxiway markings verified and redesigned if needed
  • Add generic buildings to replace autogen MSFS
  • Add resurfacing patches on runways
  • Fix PAPI position
  • Add ATIS (132.35), Ground (124.4) and Tower (128.25) frequencies
  • Add some banners and signs on public side/business area
  • Add +800 objects manually set
  • Remove several spikes around the field, cleanup of some monolith trees close by the field
  • Remove un-wanted blue light poles
  • Fix pattern circuit's position
  • Fix and correct windsocks
  • New ground markings on apron (mixed between uptodate and older satellite imagery)
  • Add Cafe Landing Strip, First Flight School, Altitude Helicopters, EAA Chapter 14 hangars and apron
  • Add AVFuel and Philipps66 (First Flight) fuel spots
  • Add plenty of static planes at First Flight school apron (as real as pictures and satellite imagery)
  • Simplified version of US Customs and Border Protections Air Unit (north side of the field)
  • A lot of Helipad available (training on south east side and USCBP Air Unit at the North)
  • F18 at the ramp, as real as it gets (see below)

rRdyUwG.jpeg

wyo28mC.jpeg

lfFxHJA.jpeg

mm4nfaj.png

1EQzEyH.jpeg

cfkoXL1.png

3JtVPei.png

kzOALWa.jpeg

ua3gdjw.jpeg

biJsAtI.jpeg

3aZGuAv.jpeg

Free to download at: https://flightsim.to/file/38035/brown-field-muni-kdsm

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Nice!  I flew there once in PE but lined up for the Mexican one just south of SDM lol!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

in PE but lined up for the Mexican one just south of SDM lol!

I won't make fun of you because it happened me once... in real. It's a classic trick for all cFI's in this area to full their student! The two airports are so close, same orientation and so risky to make the mistake!

XESQqvI.jpeg

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Another wonderful airport Vincent thank you...between your airports and the photogrammetry in the area SoCal is a very realistic area to fly!

• Upvote 1

With all the SoCal airports you've created, I would consider yourself well beyond a rookie developer! 😊  Soon you'll be running out of airports, ha!  Ever considered going east towards Borrego Springs or El Centro?  Don't want ya to get bored. 😉

• Like 2

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

38 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Ever considered going east towards Borrego Springs or El Centro?

Guess what! I have already started Borrego (L08) where I did my first circuits in US. And I just accepted the request in the "Scenery Request" at flightsim.to 😉 https://flightsim.to/requests/scenery

O5bTOEz.png

Thank you all for your comments which are really appreciated.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

12 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Version 1.1.1 has been updated yesterday with a mystery sign revealed (San Diego Jet Center behind the Avfuel) 🙂

b6Egaik.jpeg

WcP7UPq.jpeg

Who would have thought, all this years later, we'd both be creating addons for MSFS 😅 and if you dont remember: i used to be called "Hinano HIN-001" when IVAO French Polynesia was still a thing 😚

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Who would have thought, all this years later, we'd both be creating addons for MSFS 😅 and if you dont remember: i used to be called "Hinano HIN-001" when IVAO French Polynesia was still a thing 😚

And the only place we meet is a english spoken forum! Nice to hear from you again!

Vincent B.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, vbazillio said:

And the only place we meet is a english spoken forum! Nice to hear from you again!

Yea well, pilote-virtuel is not as friendly as it used to be 🥳 Great sceneries by the way!

• Like 1