Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

MSFS Weather Engine

2 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

What a sad state of affairs.

I think it a rather sad state of affairs you not only have to post the worst pictures you could find, but also concentrate purely on the negative.  We all know MSFS Live weather is not as good as it was at launch, but there has been recent improvements to the atmosphere and cloud depiction.  There is a way to go, but the skies I currently see in MSFS Live Weather are a hell of a lot better than what you posted.  

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

have to post the worst pictures you could find

I simply departed a random airport with cloudy weather. This is more or less the same view I always get once outside the haze and rain. SU10 beta was used.

11 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

there has been recent improvements to the atmosphere and cloud depiction. 

How far can that go with the forcing of metar into the picture? Where is meteoblue in all of this? Why are they no longer sending detailed cloud information for Asobo to use? Why are they so reluctant to talk about the weather? All very suspicious.

4 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Why are they so reluctant to talk about the weather? All very suspicious.

Obviously it's a conspiracy to get people all amped up, then dash their hopes and dreams and laugh all the way to the Xbox bank.  I think I read QAnon said Bill Gates is behind the whole charade that is MSFS.  

• Like 8

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Obviously it's a conspiracy to get people all amped up, then dash their hopes and dreams and laugh all the way to the Xbox bank.  I think I read QAnon said Bill Gates is behind the whole charade that is MSFS.  

Ah the deflection with a joke tactic, nice. Usually means there is some truth behind it.

Why not explain to us in detail how it works instead of vague responses and sarcastic comebacks? Do they enjoy watching people guessing and speculating? Quite disrespectful to testers and users in general.

Edited by SubtotalGuide

2 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Ah the deflection with a joke tactic, nice. Usually means there is some truth behind it.

Why not explain to us in detail how it works instead of vague responses and sarcastic comebacks? Do they enjoy watching people guessing and speculating? Quite disrespectful to testers and users in general.

AFAICT Meteoblue feeds are in good health and feeding the simulator since day one, so, what's your source when you appear to suggest contrary ?

Have you tried to compare GRIB data to what you get in the sim ?  Well, I did, probably easy for me because GRIB data is what I deal with, from various models, in my daily rw tasks ... and also in task planning for my rw glider flying... 

Yes the visuals could be better, and some claim they were better at the beginning... Yes some optimization decisions might have cut a bit on the "show", but heck !, I am really satisfied with the weather data / variables accuracy. 

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 7

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What's The point of a weather system, be it even the most accurate if its EFFECT on the aircraft is misrepresented. If some choppiness that will tickle your stomach on a Cessna 152 in real life  is enough to shake an Airbus A320 in-sim then the whole point in an accurate weather system is kind of moot.

But hey, as long as there are those nice visuals, who really cares...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

AFAICT Meteoblue feeds are in good health and feeding the simulator since day one, so, what's your source when you appear to suggest contrary ?

What is your source? I'm looking at the end results ito realistic cloud shapes. Why did live weather suddenly go from variety to the same cloud types all over after SU7? Did Asobo forget how to interpret the cloud data? The cloud layers are simplistic compared to before. Have you seen any high level overcast recently?

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yes the visuals could be better, and some claim they were better at the beginning... Yes some optimization decisions might have cut a bit on the "show", but heck !, I am really satisfied with the weather data / variables accuracy. 

Anything can be satisfying if one doesn't know of better. Few are still left from that time, most have probably moved on to better and more fruitful things in life after realizing it's a hopeless case. I remember happily filling out zendesk reports as detailed as I could thinking they really wanted to improve this sim to its full potential. How naive I was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

What is your source? I'm looking at the end results ito realistic cloud shapes. Why did live weather suddenly go from variety to the same cloud types all over after SU7? Did Asobo forget how to interpret the cloud data? The cloud layers are simplistic compared to before. Have you seen any high level overcast recently?

Anything can be satisfying if one doesn't know of better. Few are still left from that time, most have probably moved on to better and more fruitful things in life after realizing it's a hopeless case. I remember happily filling out zendesk reports as detailed as I could thinking they really wanted to improve this sim to its full potential. How naive I was.

I can just say that I still find, even with it's quirks, the weather in MFS quite acceptable, and I look fwd to something better with future updates.

Same applies to flight dynamics. Both, Flight Dynamics AND Weather make a good deal of what a flight simulator should be all about, and MFS is far from perfect, but still acceptable, and gives me a great time playing being an airline pilot 🙂

I look forward into the announced features comming for "Soaring Weather", and also the gliders and tugging.

MFS is made up of many interesting and powerful / promissing features. Altogether, each with it's own quirks and limitations too, the end result at least for me is very positive.

Sincerely hope your expectations can be met somewhere in the future with further SUs

• Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Have you seen any high level overcast recently?

Yes. Descending out of a high overcast.

EKVG-Cruise6.png

Over a very high overcast layer with a clearance showing other clouds far below.

EKVG-Cruise5.png

Approaching a high level overcast throwing shadow on the clouds below.

EKVG-Cruise1.png

• Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

26 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Why did live weather suddenly go from variety to the same cloud types all over after SU7?

Somebody who says that is in total denial of the evidence visible to anybody. You really can't suggest that the cloud types shown in the screenshots below are the same all over in the sim.

33 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

I remember happily filling out zendesk reports as detailed as I could thinking they really wanted to improve this sim to its full potential. How naive I was.

Not naive but unprofessional maybe? As a software developper, who sits at the other site of such issue trackers, I know that users who cry out the most are not reliable to report real issues. Noobs unmask themselves often using language like you do (like showing emotions unprofessionally, exaggerating, I know it better attitude, negativism, generalisations, repetitions). I go as far saying that as a dev you typically better assume the opposite from what they tell to be true.

27 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Have you seen any high level overcast recently?

Yes, looking perfectly. I even think, the lighting in areas without direct sunlight has improved recently:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes. Descending out of a high overcast.

Another typical example of the simplistic 3-layer clouds I was talking about that you see all over now. Where is the high level cirrus overcast with none of the cumulus and stratus mashup below?

21 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

Yes, looking perfectly. I even think, the lighting in areas without direct sunlight has improved recently:

That is either a preset or not taken with the current build. If you can provide a location I will go check and see for myself.

20 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

Not naive but unprofessional maybe? As a software developper, who sits at the other site of such issue trackers, I know that users who cry out the most are not reliable to report real issues. Noobs unmask themselves often using language like you do (like showing emotions unprofessionally, exaggerating, I know it better attitude, negativism, generalisations, repetitions). I go as far saying that as a dev you typically better assume the opposite from what they tell to be true.

It takes a mature dev to look past the emotion and see what the actual problem is. Dismissing them based on tone is just another unprofessional form of generalisation and I know it better attitude.

Edited by SubtotalGuide

Guys....Just ignore. It is clear that this person is not here to get answers and is not open to changing their mind.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

12 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

That is either a preset or not taken with the current build.

It is an answer to your suggestive question proving it wrong.

• Upvote 1

So, do I understand that nice high ocast (beautiful shots Mrueedi)  are to be found over the UK?

You see, for me, seeing such sights was common over the USA where I fly before SU5 or 7 or whichever it was but now I just dont see solid high ocast like those in both Mrueedis and MrBitsflyers shots.  Id like to - they look good...just dont see them.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

49 minutes ago, sightseer said:

So, do I understand that nice high ocast (beautiful shots Mrueedi)  are to be found over the UK?

Apparently so - let us know when you find them and where.

Edited by SubtotalGuide