Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Boeing 737 MAX (-7/-8/-9/-10) Examples (12 pics)...

The 737 MAX family of a/c, after nearly 20 months of grounding, now with additional technical upgrades being completed, have begun returning to service, during the last year or so, for airlines around the world. Within U.S., American Airlines was the first carrier to return the aircraft to passenger use in December 2020.

It's to be noted that, of the four-member 737 MAX family (-7/-8/-9/-10), it's the middle 2 variants (the MAX 8 and MAX 9) that have already entered commercial service. However, the shortest and longest variants (the MAX 7 and MAX 10), continue to be still undergoing certification, targeted for future delivery (and entry into service) for customers, with outstanding orders.

The 737 MAX is heavier than its equivalent 737 NG counterpart, part of the reason, being the advanced (and large) LEAP-1B engines (produced by CFM Internationa) are much heavier than the CFM56-7 engines of the NG series. The 737 MAX happens to be the fourth generation of the 737 family and focuses on improving (operational) efficiency factors e.g., it uses new, and more efficient, CFM International LEAP engines, and also incorporates several aerodynamic modifications, including distinctive (up/down) winglets (see pictures, below).

Dimensionally, the (-7/-8/-9/-10) variants progressively get longer and larger, with increasing seating capacities. So, expectedly, within the MAX family, the smallest (-7) is the one with the longest range, and the longest (-10) is the one with the shortest range. The (-8/-9) have identical range. All 4 variants are equipped with the same CFM International LEAP-1B powerplants, with varying thrust ratings.

Please find, below, a sample collection of images illustrating all the 4 737 MAX variants (2 pics for MAX 7, 3 pics for MAX 8, 3 pics for MAX 9, 4 pics for MAX 10), shown in the same order. I have attempted to keep the scale for easier visualization of the relative dimensions.

Thanks for viewing...!!

2Swew6.png

AqgX5S.png

DXE07l.png

ybNYev.png

4RXdse.png

smSn54.png

4JlhMy.png

jUhkiU.png

s9GJ0z.png

aHaFeD.png

jsdY78.png

3YE93v.png

• Like 6

Great looking paints on your Max’s . 

• Like 2

Fascinating stuff, as ever. Great shots, as ever. Great liveries, as ever. And, as ever, I find myself thinking that stretch versions don't work for me! I guess I just don't like the long and skinny look (unless it's designed it from the start, a la 757)

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

3 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

Great looking paints on your Max’s .

Appreciated the comment, johnb...!! The TDS folks always paint well...And I'm particularly grateful to the TDS / Project Opensky folks for supplying to my curiosities for (big) jetliners....🙂...for years...BTW, here is a Note from the README, "Many people knows there are SkySpirit series models which have roots at Project Opensky.  TDS is a small group made by former Project Opensky (POSKY) members, building new models.  TDS stands for Tenkuu Developers Studio. The word, "Tenkuu" is Japanese, and it means "Heaven's Sky...."

These (TDS) people have been painting the 737 MAX ever since it was launched, I believe...also to note, just as TDS has roots in old Project Opensky, likewise, QW (Quality Wings) was also formed by a few members of the Project Opensky team...a passionate bunch of aviation enthusiasts and (freeware) contributors...indeed...!

[I've a few more MAX colors I liked too...will see if I can add them here, later in the day...]

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

...And, as ever, I find myself thinking that stretch versions don't work for me! I guess I just don't like the long and skinny look...

Yes, I'm quite cognizant of that inclination of yours....🙂....

[So, the short though not-so-stubby....🙂.... Max 7 (BA) is for you, Andy...but of course it's no match for that 737-600 you already own...and are putting to good use it seems... (btw, the MAX 7 is not in service yet, it's also (hopefully) expected to fly by end of 2022, based on what I read...we'll see...) ...Cheers...]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

Yes, I'm quite cognizant of that inclination of yours

Sorry, I'll try and contain my stubby tendencies <grin>. But you're right, the Max 7 does look good, and in fact the MAX 10 in that livery could almost entice me to be unfaithful to my stubby gal.

Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Very  nice shots !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Thanks, Andy, pmplayer, Alaska, for the additional comments and thoughts...!!

Folks:

Here below are 8 more pictures of 737 MAX (to make it all 20...🙂...), in the colors of 4 other airlines (2 pics each), all are MAX 8 except for Icelandair, which is a MAX 9:

1. Air Canada Retro Livery
  2. ITA - Risen out of the fallen Italian airline Alitalia, to be reorganizes as Italia Trasporto Aereo (ITA), with this very striking new livery of beautiful metallic blue...
  3. Icelandair 2019 Livery
  4. Fictional Alaska Airlines Northern Lights Livery

Enjoy...!

dLI5vo.png

ROLSJS.png

VlXtxo.png

oH8cPZ.png

6c5ccC.png

irbHyZ.png

jIdJrE.png

vI1mBt.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

Folks:

Here below are 8 more pictures of 737 MAX (to make it all 20...🙂...), in the colors of 4 other airlines (2 pics each), all are MAX 8 except for Icelandair, which is a MAX 9:

2. ITA - Risen out of the fallen Italian airline Alitalia, to be reorganizes as Italia Trasporto Aereo (ITA), with this very striking new livery of beautiful metallic blue...

Enjoy...!

dLI5vo.png

ROLSJS.png

VlXtxo.png

oH8cPZ.png

6c5ccC.png

irbHyZ.png

jIdJrE.png

vI1mBt.png

Looks great ASA with aurora borealis theme!! 🙂 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

4 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Folks:

Enjoy...!

dLI5vo.png

ROLSJS.png

VlXtxo.png

oH8cPZ.png

6c5ccC.png

irbHyZ.png

jIdJrE.png

vI1mBt.png

That Alaska livery is WOW!....Wish I could get that for the FBW A320 for MSFS....Beautiful! 

• Like 1

Beautiful!!!

• Like 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Many thanks, folks, and glad you liked these MAX colors...especially the "Fictional" Alaska....🙂....

• Like 1