Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

ProATC X/SR

Hello,

I just would like to know how to prepare the files from Stick and Rudder (fs-atc-chatter) in order to use them in proatc !?.

How should I split the directories ? Do i have to convert the files ? mp3-->wav ?

Would be very grateful for help in this regard....:-)

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

The used to be a post on the Pro ATC forums that talked about this

https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php

but I think they must have changed to a new forum and now that post is lost.

One of the PRO ATC users sent me the following email telling me how he did it. Since I don't have Pro ATC I'm not sure if it is correct. Also keep in mind that you might need to convert the mp3 files to wav files. I'm not sure if ProATC can play mp3's.

Hi Mark,

Feel free to use these if you want. 

I just organized these X ATC files for a new region in Pro ATC X, but this can be done in any region by following this step by step.

The X ATC files come in 7 regions.
Africa
Asia
Canada
Europe
Oceania
South America
United States.

In each region there is a sub folder called Controllers... The controller folders have to be renamed to Global, so it will fit Pro ATC file structure.
Inside this folder which is now named global, you have the following folders containing the wave files.

App
Clr
Ctr
Dep
Dep_gnd
Dep _twr
Dep_uni
Dest_twr
Dest _Gnd
Dest _uni

Now this is the only moving around that you have to do to make these files work in PATC. You only need one gnd folder and one twr folder. So rename the dep gnd, to just gnd. Now take the files that are in dest-gnd and move them into the gnd folder you just renamed. So now all gnd files are in the one gnd folder ( both dep and dest gnd).  Do the exact same thing with the tower folders, so all tower files, both dest and Dep are now in one folder named twr. The uni folders are empty, so you can just ignore them. ( I just deleted those folders)

Now all you files are in these folders, and I will show how Canada would look in Patc. 

Pro ATCX/Sound/ATC/Canada/Global/  Now inside the global folder you now have  six folders  app,clr,ctr,dep,gnd,twr..

You would do exactly the same thing for each region you want to use. Once you do it, with cut and paste, it only takes a few minutes for each region.Not hard at all.

Now take your newly organized Canada folder and move it into PATC, so it will be in the Sound/ATC/  directory

Now you have to set the regions up in PATC which is very simple. Open PATC and go into Data  , Authentic Background ATC/Edit existing Profiles

In that menu you will see all the ATC chatter profiles you already have listed on the left. To add Canada click on New Profile on the top left. It will tell you to enter a new profile name, so type Canada and hit OK. Now you will have Canada in your list of profiles. Now right click on Canada, and on the right side you will see where you can point to the folders for clearance, Ground, Tower, etc....Just click on the yellow folder symbol on each and find the correct folder and hit OK. Do that for each sound file you have, clr, gnd, twr...etc..etc.... Now you will see that center had three selections. Center for low altitude and high altitude, and super high, have to all point to the only center folder you have. I don't believe the super high altitude ever worked in PATC, so the low and high are the important ones. In the high you have an altitude range, but since you only have one center folder, , I don't think it is important, but I set mine anyway to FL 100 to FL 380.

You are all finished, and can hit save. There is a box on the lower left where you can have the files play in sequence ( alphabetically) if you check it. If you don't check it  they will be played at random rather than in any particular order.

After you hit save, you are back  to the screen that shows the world map . Go to Canada, and right click on the outline of Canada on the map . It will pop up a box and highlight Canada, and it says assign profile. Another box will pop up, and at the top you can select the profile to assign, Click on the arrow, and find Canada in the list of profiles, and hit OK.  Two check boxes are for assigning the sounds to all airports and radar sectors, I just leave them checked. You are now finished, and when you fly in Canada, you will here the X ATC chatter from Canada.

This sounds a bit complicated, but it really isn't. Just try one region, like Canada, and you will see after you set it up and get it working it really can be done easily and quickly.

If you already have REAL ATC files , you can take the X Chatter files and add them to the Real ATC files and you will have twice the number of ATC chatter files.

Bob

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Hello,

I just would like to know how to prepare the files from Stick and Rudder (fs-atc-chatter) in order to use them in proatc !?.

How should I split the directories ? Do i have to convert the files ? mp3-->wav ?

Would be very grateful for help in this regard....:-)

My Pleasure............................. This works exactly the same for ProATC/SR

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Wow, thank you so much for the quick and detailed answer 🙂

Well then I'll get to work 😄

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Wow, thank you so much for the quick and detailed answer 🙂

Well then I'll get to work 😄

I would very much appreciate it if, when you have created some Live ATC files you upload them to The ProATC/SR Facebook group. There are also Chinese, Japanese and Russian files there available for you to download. You will also see the file structue required. 😉 Here is the Facebook group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

would very much appreciate it if, when you have created some Live ATC files you upload them to The ProATC/SR Facebook group. There are also Chinese, Japanese and Russian files there available for you to download. You will also see the file structue required. 😉 Here is the Facebook group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Sorry, but Live ATC files are unfortunately not my topic ! I only want to use the files from FS-ATC-Chatter for ProATC 🙂

I have no intention to search, download, cut, edit,.... that would be too much effort for me...

I just want to use my existing (finished) FS-ATC-Chatter files in ProATC...

Or have I misunderstood you now?

kind regards, ggerolamo

18 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Sorry, but Live ATC files are unfortunately not my topic ! I only want to use the files from FS-ATC-Chatter for ProATC 🙂

I have no intention to search, download, cut, edit,.... that would be too much effort for me...

I just want to use my existing (finished) FS-ATC-Chatter files in ProATC...

Or have I misunderstood you now?

The files I mention are already set up, you just add them to the ATC folder and set them up in ProATC/SR as per the last part of the video

23 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

The files I mention are already set up, you just add them to the ATC folder and set them up in ProATC/SR as per the last part of the video

Sorry, but I don't understand this at all!

If the files already exist, why should I upload them to the FB page?

Somehow now I'm a little confused 😉

kind regards, ggerolamo

@ggerolamo I'm not sure what the purpose of that FB page is for. It might be for ProATC users to share chatter clips they personally collected.

I would just like to make sure that you do not put any of the FS-ATC-Chatter clips up on that FB page. That would be a violation of my license agreement with LiveATC.net and the FS-ATC-Chatter EULA.pdf.

I would also like to know if you do get the FS-ATC-Chatter clips working with ProATC. If you do I can work on either adding a how-to to the FS-ATC-Chatter user guide or possibly even adding an export to ProATC feature right into FS-ATC-Chatter.

Mark

1 hour ago, markcellis said:

@ggerolamo I'm not sure what the purpose of that FB page is for. It might be for ProATC users to share chatter clips they personally collected.

I would just like to make sure that you do not put any of the FS-ATC-Chatter clips up on that FB page. That would be a violation of my license agreement with LiveATC.net and the FS-ATC-Chatter EULA.pdf.

I would also like to know if you do get the FS-ATC-Chatter clips working with ProATC. If you do I can work on either adding a how-to to the FS-ATC-Chatter user guide or possibly even adding an export to ProATC feature right into FS-ATC-Chatter.

Mark

Hello Mark,

I would never think of offering purchased and licensed programs for download !!! But thanks for the tip 😉

I also don't know what the point of this newsgroup is - ancient files from 2015 ? Support ?

I think rather not - support does not exist at ProAtc , and will certainly never exist in an acceptable way 😞

Now to your question:

Have integrated your purchased (😄) FS-ATC chatter files into ProAtc - first flight was quite promising .... Thanks again for the great chatter collection !

kind regards, ggerolamo

6 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Hello Mark,

I would never think of offering purchased and licensed programs for download !!! But thanks for the tip 😉

I also don't know what the point of this newsgroup is - ancient files from 2015 ? Support ?

I think rather not - support does not exist at ProAtc , and will certainly never exist in an acceptable way 😞

Now to your question:

Have integrated your purchased (😄) FS-ATC chatter files into ProAtc - first flight was quite promising .... Thanks again for the great chatter collection !

How hard was it? Maybe we could pull together some documentation or possibly even an exporter. Let me know how it goes.

Mark

The best documentation  is what you forwarded on post 2 (from Bob) 🙂

I have done nothing but follow this explanation - no more and no less !

I think this documentation is more than enough - I can't contribute more either 😉

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

Sorry, I must correct myself !!!

The files must first be converted from mp3 to wav !

It is unfortunately not everything so simple 😞

kind regards, ggerolamo

Additional question in this regard; would it make any difference in purchasing X-ATC or FS-ATC chatter? Differences in directory buildup perhaps, which is more suitable for PRO-ATC?

@Vensaj It does not matter. What you are buying is the clip set which is the same for X-ATC-Chatter and FS-ATC-Chatter. As a matter of fact, you only need to buy one of them as the players are free and you can use the one clip set across X-Plane, MSFS, Pilot2ATC, or PRO-ATC. I would recommend that if you fly MSFS then I suggest you purchase FS-ATC-Chatter as that player can update the clip set without a simulator running. X-ATC-Chatter needs X-Plane to execute a clip update. If you fly both sims then it does not matter.

Mark