Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Artemis One Launch.

Cryogenic testing happening now. Core Stage liquid oxygen is full. Liquid hydrogen is at 50%.

Critical it passes this test.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to pass my own gaseous anomaly test right now!  I hope we are both successful! 🚀

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So far, Charlie, my gaseous gaskets are still in place and functioning properly.

Meanwhile to those waiting with bated breath for the Artemus 1 launch...good luck!

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

33 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I'm trying to pass my own gaseous anomaly test right now!  I hope we are both successful! 🚀

Hmm... I'm hoping for the sake of humans and animals in the locality that you are unsuccessful.

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Ewww! TMI Charlie, TMI sir! 😂

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Ewww! TMI Charlie, TMI sir! 😂

Don't light a match, Bill! 🔥

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

11 hours ago, charliearon said:

Don't light a match, Bill! 🔥

Is it you that unleashes the "Nebula Bombs" in Call of Duty Warzone? 

• Upvote 1

Looks like the launch on 27th is off the cards space cadets. Looks like storm Ian has put a spanner in the works. 

Ian could decide to be a naughty boy and turn into a Hurricane, seems Ian's got ideas way above his station. 😡

Today (Sunday) they are trying to make up their minds if the mega rocket has to be rolled back to the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) for its own protection.

If it does roll back to the VAB it will miss the launch window that ends on October 4th. 

Edited by martin-w

If there is a hurricane on the way, I would suggest a roll back to the VAB!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Aparently it's today the decision Chris. The storm itself misses, but of course high winds could still be present. Aparently 70 knots is max.

I suspect they are reluctant to roll back because the launch window will be missed and the vibration from rolling back may exacerbate the hydrogen leak now under control. It wasn't fixed, just reduced to an acceptable level.

It was nuts to modify and use the launch pad they did, when one of the old shuttle launch pads would have been better. Hence the issues with Hydrogen leaks. Hydrogen molecules are small and the pesky little critters sneak out of the tiniest gap.

Launch scrapped again due to weather! 🌧️

Charlie Aron

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Launch scrapped again due to weather! 🌧️

We know... but are they rolling back to the VAB? 

They just announced that they're rolling it back to the VAB due to possible adverse weather from hurricane Ian.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

59 minutes ago, W2DR said:

They just announced that they're rolling it back to the VAB due to possible adverse weather from hurricane Ian.

Naughty Ian, how dare he. 😒

That's the launch window missed then.

No idea when the next launch windows is. My guess is that all that vibration will once again allow the pesky Hydrogen molecules to escape. 

Edited by martin-w