Sign in to follow this  
jzimmerman12

Few Questions

Hello, I recently reinstalled this wonderful sim and have a few questions that someone hopefully can answer.

1) I cannot seem to get icing to work to save my life.  I have used the snowy weather preset which should definitely give me icing.  I have spent many minutes flying in the clouds using the snowy preset without even getting pitot icing.  I am curious if there is a setting I'm missing or if it is a Windows 10 issue...

2) Does anyone have the Weather Unlimited program for this?  I believe it let you load a metar into the sim.  I would love to have that!

3) Has anyone used the old FSS program for this sim?  It was a neat career program.  I have an old version that wouldnt work with Windows 10...

Alan

@jzimmerman12 - Alan

For your FSS point try this link:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fss&CatID=lgfu3&Go=Search

FSS is like a game inside a game.

First you must have Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher installed on your computer because FSS uses the IE5.5 rendering engine.  Make sure that the Media Player that comes with the browser is also installed.
Unzip the zip file under the 'chalnges' folder in the Seattle region.

Add 'challenge_cheat' to your flt3.cfg 

To play the game go to the dfx\client folder under 'chalnges' and click on the file flightdfx.hta to start.
After the DexTechnologies logo fades away, you will see the main screen of
FSS. You will be outside the terminal at Olympia airport.

You'll  need FU3 installed as described in this forum to play it under Windows10.

Good luck! and tell us if it works.

Edited by patrikmore