Sign in to follow this  
STF-DIR

MSFS B737-800NG Flightmodel in Turns

Seems to me it just failed evaluation....but I'd suggest trying it from a normal take-off, climb and cruise, maybe starting mid-flight unsettles something...

16 hours ago, STF-DIR said:

When i now do a 90 deg turn left or right, the nose dives sooo much down and i need sooo much trim / elevator forces to hold the Altitude.

As SD Flyer noted, it will feel the same as a 172, but with a heavy feel since the yoke is rigid with feel springs and artificial feel systems. Typically in turns, you are looking at a gradually increase of two to three degrees pitch change as you roll into a 25 to 30 degree turn. For my experience, its about two to three clicks of nose up trim as I work through it. You make the roll smoothly with small inputs and click away the pressure as you progress. During initial and recurrent, you will perform steep turns to get a feel of the behavior. I did them in the DC10 in flight. It's easy and can be done smoothly without issue as long as you do it gently and trim. The DC10 on the other hand will start to talk to you as you approach 40 degrees. You get and hear buffeting as that back layer starts to separate on that low lift wing. As long as you stayed gentle, it wasn't an issue. But if you are a little rough and pulse the yoke, you aggravate the situation as the buffeting increases with each pull on the yoke.

Rick 

One other possibility to consider here is the aircraft loading/CG...if the CG is boogered-up and way too far forward, then the acft would be expected to exhibit an increased amount of pitch-down moment in a bank, requiring larger elevator and/or stab trim inputs to counteract it.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I have a license, but you can test without a license for 30 min.

Did anyone of you trying the airplane to fly ?

i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram,RTX 3090TI,MSFS

1 minute ago, STF-DIR said:

I have a license, but you can test without a license for 30 min.

Did anyone of you trying the airplane to fly ?

You should really clarify what you actually trying to fly and how. We assume you are referring to PMDG 737 700/600 There are no 737 800 released yet for MSFS to my knowledge.

Please provide details ! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

As written above...

I fly the Prosim737 Suite and MUST use the Flightmodel providet by Prosim

its for Homecockpit builders, but you can use it too.

31 minutes ago, STF-DIR said:

As written above...

What the heck is Prosim 737???  In MSFS????  Never heard of this addon.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

21 minutes ago, STF-DIR said:

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and I'll give you what you are looking for with a disclaimer. If I were you, I would again check my system, but I'm confident that you know your setup. I would contact them and inform of the experience you are having. In the meantime, you can do this, but be advised, this can throw off other things. Go into your community folder and find that product. Open the folder and go to simobjects>airplanes> and what ever that product name is. In that folder, you will see a flight_model cfg file. I would make a copy of it and place it somewhere safe. In that file, go to the flight tuning section. In there, look for elevator effectiveness. Now, keep in mind that this is like flying an aircraft. What I mean is that tweaks in this area may cause problems else where. You know, the old, change pitch, I will have to change power. Change speed, again, a change in pitch/trim. Keep that in mind. You can go in and adjust the effectiveness slowly until it behaves in a turn as you expect. But.........As I explained previously, you aircraft now flies as it should in a turn, but now the rotate and flare is off. Maybe it starts rotating on its own now. Maybe the takeoff trim setting is too strong now. That's flight model adjustments for ya. If you are lucky, now all of the areas are on par. But normally, if it is not right from the start, you could be all over tweaking. Good luck and keep that backup ready.

Rick