Sign in to follow this  
gore54

Honeycomb Bravo

Anyone else experience the reverse buttons on the bravo throttles not working for the pmdg 737? They work fine on throttles 1 and 4 but 2 and 3 which I use all the time with the airbus do not register. I have heard that the cause is broken wires and I have sent 2 emails direct to honeycomb about this as I purchased my unit direct from them in Jan 2021. Its been 2 weeks now and I still haven't received a response to my emails. Anyone else having a problem with honeycomb not responding to emails?

Thanks

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Everything works as expected. Below is my 737 setup for throttles

unknown.png?width=1905&height=1257

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, gore54 said:

Anyone else experience the reverse buttons on the bravo throttles not working for the pmdg 737? They work fine on throttles 1 and 4 but 2 and 3 which I use all the time with the airbus do not register. I have heard that the cause is broken wires and I have sent 2 emails direct to honeycomb about this as I purchased my unit direct from them in Jan 2021. Its been 2 weeks now and I still haven't received a response to my emails. Anyone else having a problem with honeycomb not responding to emails?

Thanks

Don

Don,

Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Bravo and the poor customer service of Honeycomb after purchase. It's sad to see a company that has great potential fall short in the customer service department. My Bravo also suffered the same issue and I had to go through the RMA process. The process is lengthy and frustrating. When my Bravo went out, it took nearly two months from start to finish to get it replaced. I just had an issue with my Alpha with the ethernet port and it's been over a month and I just sent it out a couple days ago. If you do some digging, you'll find this is the common complaint. We are also finally seeing the problems of their products now that they finally have some time on them and we can only hope they'll improve their shortcomings. Unfortunately you will most likely get a unit with no real improvement from the first and it'll only be a matter of time. I've been very disappointed with their service.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 hours ago, gore54 said:

Thanks

Don

Working very well for me, maybe from the user some wrong bindings ??

You will find a couple of very helpfull vid`s on youtube, this is one i used but there are plenty more..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

I just had an issue with my Alpha with the ethernet port and it's been over a month and I just sent it out a couple days ago. If you do some digging, you'll find this is the common complaint.

I had this issue as well where all of the buttons on the yoke eventually stopped working.  Customer service, although they did get back to be was of no real help other than saying if I had some experience soldering circuit boards, I could try to take it apart and fix it myself.  I was just out of the warranty period so I had to go buy a new yoke (TM Boeing yoke).  I have the Bravo TQ as well and thankfully that is still working fine.

To the OP...it sounds like something may not be assigned correctly if throttles 2/3 are working fine on other aircraft.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Common issue. I had to return my Bravo to Aerosoft for the same problem of failure contact on reverse buttons. I also had to repair by myself my Alpha Yoke because loose of the central control rod. I wrote to Honeycomb to express my disappointment concerning the qualiity of their products. Someone answered me very quickly that  Honeycomb is well aware of the issues reported by customers, that concern the first production units and that these issues have been fixed now.

Edited by danhenri

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

sd-flyer  thats exactly my problem buttons 10 and 11 dont register with msfs when I move them. Its not a case of any conflict as I never used them before as until the  pmdg 737-600 came out I flew only the flw 320 which doesnt use these buttons. There is a video on you tube fixing the broken wires for these exact 2 buttons on a bravo unit as apparently it is a common problem. Since my unit is still under warranty I am very discouraged with the response I have been getting or not getting from Honeycomb. I guess this is a buyer beware moment. If you not having this issue in time you will. Here is the link to the video 

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

I'm on my 4th unit now!

I'm getting about 6-8 months use before a wire breaks!
Whilst I'm glad they are giving me a 12mth waranty on each replacement it's frustrating having to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement each time and having to pay the frieght when sending it to the retailer. 

I've now put a reminder on my calendar about amonth before the warranty runs out to check each axis and ensure the button works on all of them

I'm kinda hoping this one breaks too before the warranty runs out so that I can get it replaced again, maybe by then they will have solved this engineering design fault 😛
I'll be pretty peeved off if it breaks a couple of months after the warranty runs out!

To test I just use the widows USB game controllers property box

Wow Stona I sure hope that they have solved this issue. Considering the price of these units the consumer should not have to deal with these type of issues occurring over and over again. On a side note I finally got an answer to my email and after sending them pictures of the broken wires Im now waiting for them to send me a shipping label.

Don

HC was very responsive (a day or two) to my e-mail re: non-functioning reverser lever.  I sent pictures/proof of purchase and got an RMA pre-paid FedEx label in two days.  So far, so good.

Edited by James Callan

2 hours ago, James Callan said:

HC was very responsive (a day or two) to my e-mail re: non-functioning reverser lever.  I sent pictures/proof of purchase and got an RMA pre-paid FedEx label in two days.  So far, so good.

James, Interested in when did you purchase your Bravo?  Mo/Yr?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 8/20/2022 at 11:07 AM, gore54 said:

Wow Stona I sure hope that they have solved this issue. Considering the price of these units........

I aggree but what keeps me coming back is nothing comes close to this price with it's functionality, versatility and ease of setup for a desktop flyer like me.

I'd love to know how many returns they get!

I'm also curious to know that how far out of warranty they would honour a warranty considering this is a known engineering issue that through my experiance they obviously have fixed yet. 

7 hours ago, Stona said:

I'm also curious to know that how far out of warranty they would honour a warranty considering this is a known engineering issue that through my experiance they obviously have fixed yet. 

Have fixed yet? Or have not fixed yet?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere