Sign in to follow this  
hermankreimes

FS2020 Not Advancing past Title Page

Hello:

My FS2020 installation is from the Steam platform and I have been using it for almost 2 years. Last week when I activated the FS short cut icon the activation started and then stalled due to a popup page appearing. This popup page displayed a Microsoft Account Page requesting a password.

I have no idea as to why this page appeared all of a sudden. This never happened before and it is blocking the loading prosses. I do not know how to get rid of this page. Any ideas\help would be appreciated.

Below is a screen shot. Herman

spacer.png

what happens when you enter your password?

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

OK....I have tried that...comes up as "password not correct". Unfortunately I do not remember my password....so I went thru all the steps required to recover my password..... and the final step was to fill out a form that required to give a lot of personal information..... which was then sent to Microsoft.

After a few hours an answer came back telling me that I did not provide sufficient information for them to recover my password. I answered all the questions as best I could.

So now I have been unable to use FS2020 for more then a week and I am getting a bit frustrated.

Fortunately I am still able to use my FSX Platform without any of the above problems. Should I perhaps try deleting all my Microsoft Accounts??....but it does seem risky.

Herman

What really puzzels me is....how and why did this Microsoft page pop up so suddenly. Is there a problem perhaps  with the Flight Simulator start and loading shortcut Icon of my Computer ????

Herman

7 hours ago, hermankreimes said:

OK....I have tried that...comes up as "password not correct". Unfortunately I do not remember my password....so I went thru all the steps required to recover my password..... and the final step was to fill out a form that required to give a lot of personal information..... which was then sent to Microsoft.

After a few hours an answer came back telling me that I did not provide sufficient information for them to recover my password. I answered all the questions as best I could.

So now I have been unable to use FS2020 for more then a week and I am getting a bit frustrated.

Fortunately I am still able to use my FSX Platform without any of the above problems. Should I perhaps try deleting all my Microsoft Accounts??....but it does seem risky.

Herman

No no, don't delete the Microsoft accounts. That copy of MSFS is registered to that Microsoft account, so one way or another - you have to try keep at it with resetting it / retrieving the forgotten password. Try contacting Microsoft account support directly: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/home/contact?SourceApp=smc2&ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=Smc_contactus

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

58 minutes ago, hermankreimes said:

OK.....thank you....it looks like I will have to contact Microsoft Support.

Cheers.....Herman

Good luck! Their account support is usually pretty good, just be aware that for password resets they will need to actually phone you at some point.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

After going thru with the MS Account Recovery prossess.....MS replied that they were unable to recover my Account and suggested that this Account could be with my Internet Service Provider.

I did check with my ISP and they were unable to locate any such MS Account. I don't think they would even have any such a connection.

Herman

I'd start with steam support and see if they've run into this before.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

First I'd check out which account you were using to register MSFS, because @telus.net does not seem to be a Microsoft account, especially since Telus seems to have partnered with Google instead.

In that case there is nothing Microsoft can do about it. You could try to reset this password but I doubt it will help to get MSFS started. For that you will need to find out which account you used in MSFS, your Xbox account.
What name was shown in the top right corner of the MSFS menu? that should be your Xbox nickname.

If you have ever logged into the MSFS forums you might have done so with the Microsoft Account so perhaps you could check your browser's cache for the e-mailaddress you could've used for your Microsoft account.
Have you ever logged into the Xbox app in Windows? That could be the Microsoft account you need for MSFS as well.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5