Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

GSX for MSFS Coming VERY Soon!

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Not sure why some people are saying GSX for MSFS doesn't support de-icing.

Because the dev (Umberto) said it doesn't support de-icing. You can call the trucks, but the MSFS doesn't have hooks to actually remove icing, it's just for show.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because the dev (Umberto) said it doesn't support de-icing. You can call the trucks, but the MSFS doesn't have hooks to actually remove icing, it's just for show.

Ahh ok.So it doesn’t remove any ice accumulated on the wings from the flight. I guess Asobo needs to add this to the SDK API.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I believe that he said MSFS didn't have the hooks to allow GSX to incrementally de-ice, as in making it melt. I could have sworn he said it would work just like it did in P3D. The trucks come and de-ice, then GSX tells the sim something like 'icing=off' to let it know that your plane no longer has accumulated ice.  

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

What about the integration with addon aircraft that have their own refueling system such as Fenix or FBW. Will we see some sort of coordination/integration with GSX ? If not now are there plans for future development ?

thanks

ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

19 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

What about the integration with addon aircraft that have their own refueling system such as Fenix or FBW. Will we see some sort of coordination/integration with GSX ? If not now are there plans for future development ?

thanks

ezio

And what about GPU's? I had a watch at Fabio's video (very briefly because I can't stand his video's) and noticed the GSX GPU was put in place but did nothing: only the planes own GPU would be attached and give power (and show up right in the middle of the GSX CPU).

7 minutes ago, tup61 said:

And what about GPU's? I had a watch at Fabio's video (very briefly because I can't stand his video's) and noticed the GSX GPU was put in place but did nothing: only the planes own GPU would be attached and give power (and show up right in the middle of the GSX CPU).

That's another thing MSFS SDK doesn't allows us: in P3D, we could constantly write to the variable for the battery voltage, which prevented the battery from being discharged, but in MSFS is not writable anymore, and there's no variable to tell if External Power is available or not.

In fact, we noticed that External power seems to be like a "magic" property of a parking: if you are parking anywhere, it will always say you have external power available, my guess is that since not all parking types have a GPU in their services, they wanted to be sure you could always turn on the airplane, even if you couldn't call the GPU.

So, the only real simulation of a GPU is when is supplied by 3rd party airplanes with their own simulation so, we might do something in this area through aircraft integration. However, I don't think the GPU is as useful from GSX as it was in P3D, considering most high quality planes have their own anyway. 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

Very nice! One more question - after arrival at an airport and choosing a gate, how can I be sure that it's not occupied by AI-traffic (e.g. AIG Traffic)? 

56 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I believe that he said MSFS didn't have the hooks to allow GSX to incrementally de-ice, as in making it melt. I could have sworn he said it would work just like it did in P3D. The trucks come and de-ice, then GSX tells the sim something like 'icing=off' to let it know that your plane no longer has accumulated ice.  

So just to make it clear: GSX has de-icing with all animations and procedures etc., BUT it's only visual, that is, it cannot change the amount of icing on the aircraft (or prevent it). As of now, it's purely cosmetical / for immersion

EDIT: Just saw you already discussed that. I'm not sure if it does something actually, I know even on P3D it did absolutely nothing on the most custom aircraft. Only FSL had it integrated.

Edited by Fiorentoni

Just now, LarsA said:

Very nice! One more question - after arrival at an airport and choosing a gate, how can I be sure that it's not occupied by AI-traffic (e.g. AIG Traffic)? 

On P3D it would tell you when it's occupied by an ai aircraft (a la "gate 5 - gate medium (occupied)). Pretty sure it's the same in MSFS, but virtuali can confirm.

Watching some of Chewwys stream looks good, but a little bugged with the Fenix, im sure it will be sorted out soon. Have not used this program since FSX days back in 2017. How integrated will it be as far as the Maddog X? Only used it on the AS A320.

Edited by jbdbow1970

16 hours ago, virtuali said:

there will be deicing vehicles to call and see, they just won’t really “deice” the plane, just as they didn’t in P3D.

Is remote de-icing supported? Or still only at the gate?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

40 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Is remote de-icing supported? Or still only at the gate?

+1. Really looking for this!

• Upvote 1

Bruno Teixeira.
W11 PRO x64 | i9 13900k | RTX4090 | 32GB DDR5 | MSFS

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

On P3D it would tell you when it's occupied by an ai aircraft (a la "gate 5 - gate medium (occupied)). Pretty sure it's the same in MSFS, but virtuali can confirm.

This has been changed: if the parking spot is already taken by an AI, it will tell you that, and will ask if you want to use it anyway. Saying yes, it will just kill the AI there...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Watching some of Chewwys stream looks good, but a little bugged with the Fenix

It's not bugged with the Fenix, it's just the Fenix starts its own ground services and operates the jetway as well.

While we sorted it out for the PMDG 737, since most of the PMDG services are being sent away by GSX, since we are assuming Fenix WILL want to cooperate on a proper integration (because we discussed about this and they got the Beta before anybody else), we though it would be a better solution to do this with their help.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1