Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Anyone tried enabling resizable bar on their 30xx cards

I just built a new pc (specs below), after installing and optimizing Windows 11 I imaged the drive then gathered the main tweaks out there and applied them one by one testing them each time in the PMDG 737 at the same airport with clear skies and no traffic.. I did them in the following order and I’m finding the sim is performing the best I’ve seen in quite a while. Before applying the tweaks below the sim was definitely not as smooth.

NDU Registry Tweak

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ndu-registry-change-increase-performance-immediately-amazing-tested-and-approved/504551/9

Message signal interrupt tweak

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/message-signal-interrupts-rtx-30xx-performance-boost/532185

Enable Resizable Bar (I believe this allows full access to GPU memory)

I’m curious if anyone else has tried enabling the resizable bar and if so what’s your experience. This only seems to have surfaced recently from what I can tell.

I documented everything I have done from the Windows installation onwards so I can use a checklist if I need to do a fresh windows installation and made regular images with Macrium Reflect so I can revert to a given point if need be (I prefer Macrium over windows restore points) 

Just thought I’d share my experience 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, Tony P said:

(6) Msfs2020*Reduce lag & Stutters*Increase fps/W these 3 easy steps! For PC & VR Full tutorial! - YouTube

I've seen that here and tried it - Not sure if I can see anything noticeable but seems proper to use it.

I also watched that video,

the only thing I’ve yet to try is the ISLC Timer Resolution but honestly I haven’t had performance degradation over long flights. I’ve done a few 10 hour legs in the HD 787 without issues 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I have resize bar enabled but does MSFS take advantage of it? Would it make a difference if they did given their main thread limitations?

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Resizable BAR support for MSFS can be enable with Nvidia Profile Inspector.

Yes I followed the tutorial and used Nvidia Profile Inspector 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

As soon as I saw in the video's title... "That Nvidia does not want to give you" my click bait alarm went off.

Youtubers are not doing themselves any favors but engaging in this deceptive behavior. It just belittles themselves in the long run.

Mark

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Yes I followed the tutorial and used Nvidia Profile Inspector 

2 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Resizable BAR support for MSFS can be enable with Nvidia Profile Inspector.

Does it make any difference?

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Does it make any difference?

Only way to tell is to do back to back benchmarks yourself with it turned On and Off, that's what I'd do 🙂

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

i noticed no difference

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Benchmarking of this sim is frankly impossible.
From one day to the next, without changing anything in the settings and with strictly the same flight conditions, you can obtain a smooth 40 fps or a jerky 20 fps.
I'm done looking for the Holly Grail or the Magic Tweak, there aren't any.
🍻

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

11 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Benchmarking of this sim is frankly impossible.
From one day to the next, without changing anything in the settings and with strictly the same flight conditions, you can obtain a smooth 40 fps or a jerky 20 fps.
I'm done looking for the Holly Grail or the Magic Tweak, there aren't any.
🍻

It's not impossible, I've done plenty of it over the past two years. There is a margin for error in the way I perform them but it's a very small percentage (I've been benchmarking games for decades so I know what I'm doing).

Agree for the most part in your final comment, no one outside setting is going to drastically affect the Sim, it'll be a mix of various settings that you could be chasing every single time there's a GPU/Windows driver update and in the end it becomes a chore not a hobby.

Just find settings that work and go with them, although having said that each Sim Update can mess that around!

My advice; if it's smooth enough and you don't notice sudden performance issues, then leave well alone.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Someone benchmarked this on quite a few games / titles a few months back on YouTube. 

While most showed gains of nothing to a few percent, MSFS was the only one where performance was slightly worse!

That didn't surprise me for some reason.  My view is that it won't make any noticeable difference, especially due to the day-to-day variance of MSFS, as David Roch has stated.

The best performance gain I have seen running at 4k ultra settings is DLSS - quite a boost, in exchange for just a little bit of fuzzyness on the flat screens - but easier to cope with at 4k.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I’m curious if anyone else has tried enabling the resizable bar and if so what’s your experience

Yes, enabled since it was available on my card. No difference in performance.

Regarding the MSI, you can just check this tab and if the video card IRQ has a negative number, it is already in MSI mode.

image.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I just built a new pc (specs below), after installing and optimizing Windows 11 I imaged the drive then gathered the main tweaks out there and applied them one by one testing them each time in the PMDG 737 at the same airport with clear skies and no traffic.. I did them in the following order and I’m finding the sim is performing the best I’ve seen in quite a while. Before applying the tweaks below the sim was definitely not as smooth.

NDU Registry Tweak

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ndu-registry-change-increase-performance-immediately-amazing-tested-and-approved/504551/9

Message signal interrupt tweak

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/message-signal-interrupts-rtx-30xx-performance-boost/532185

Enable Resizable Bar (I believe this allows full access to GPU memory)

I’m curious if anyone else has tried enabling the resizable bar and if so what’s your experience. This only seems to have surfaced recently from what I can tell.

I documented everything I have done from the Windows installation onwards so I can use a checklist if I need to do a fresh windows installation and made regular images with Macrium Reflect so I can revert to a given point if need be (I prefer Macrium over windows restore points) 

Just thought I’d share my experience 

It's not that Nvidia don't want to give you this info, it's because for a lot of people they will need to update the bios and Nvidia do not want the idiots out there blaming them for bricking their motherboards.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!