Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

TrackIR 4 PRO + TrackClip PRO

Guest Redvan

Anyone here using the TrackClip PRO with their TIR4? I may be getting a TIR4 Pro for my birthday, wondering if the TClip is a "highly suggested" addition... What benefits does it offer using TIR4 PRO + Clip?

Ooooooooooooo, man, you are in for a treat! I own the Track Clip 4 Pro with the Track Clip Pro: it's AWESOME!!! :) Don't get me started. Again... :(I recommend the TrackClip Pro: it's better than the older vector system. Read this review on Avsim, solely dedicated to the Clip, which says enough, I guess! ;)http://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/TrackClip/TrackClip.htmEDIT:BTW I do not like that 'I may be getting...'-part... You got to demand it! Now! Go for it! :(

I've used the Vector Clip for 6 months and never, ever had an issue with it such as interference. It's on a cap. Can't get simpler than that. That Clip Pro looks strange. Either way, you're about to enter a whole new simming world! A world from which you'll never step back. Say bye-bye to 2D panels. :-wave

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Redvan

that good eh? sweet :) That's always been my #1 problem with sim flying... having to use the keyboard or hat to pan... never been good at that... I like to just turn my head as I do in rl lol.Where'd ya'll purchase yours from?

>that good eh? sweet :) That's always been my #1 problem>with sim flying... having to use the keyboard or hat to pan...> never been good at that... I like to just turn my head as I>do in rl lol.Well, than this is the thing for you! Really! It opens up a complete new world!>Where'd ya'll purchase yours from?I bought it in the Netherlands where I live. Don't know where you come from, so... you might want to try the Track IR site itself.http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Guest Redvan

i should ask, anyone use it on a laptop? I'm hoping it'll mount ok to my laptop... if not, guess I'll just have to rig something lol

I purchased mine through Naturalpoint. At the time they had and I believe they still have a 30 day money back tryout. But......... after 5 minutes you'll forget about returning it. I use the clips on the hat and never have a problem. I use my headset alot and having something clipped to it I would worry about it breaking, especially when it is not in use. I wouldn't want to unmount it constantly either to keep it safe. The hat clip is durable and works great. Try it first as the clip is way overpriced I think and is not any more accurate.And yes it will fit fine on a laptop. You'll be surprised at how small it actually is.... and oh yea... like everyone says you won't ever fly a 2D cockpit again and will wonder why you waited so long!

Guest jshyluk

TrackIR4 will mount onto laptops and monitors -- it's got a clever "claw" system that allows you to mount it onto anything. Although I am telling a white lie here: I never did get my own TrackIR to sit properly on my Hansol monitor, so I use a tiny piece of the Handyman's Secret Weapon: Duct Tape to keep the thing solid. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

My TrackIR arrived just yesterday. I also deliberated over whether to get the clip; I ended up not getting one and it seems to work just fine without it. I haven't quite got used to the concept of moving my eyeballs in the opposite direction to my head yet but I'm sure that will come.My very first circuit with the thing went better than any before it (although my speed and height were all over the place at times because I was craning about looking at the view) -- I put this down to a) being able to look quickly to the left or right to get my bearings, and then back to the instrument panel, and :( just having a much stronger feeling of actually being in the plane, and having a better sense of where I am relative to the plane and where it is relative to the ground.I got mine from eBay, but I think the seller was affiliated with eDimensional as that's where it seems to have come from.Hope you enjoy it. :)

Guest zinja

I got my TrackIR Pro and the TrackClip PRO yesterday. I love the Clip - it works very well and is convenient. I can't say I like the TrackIR so far, though.I have the latest software for everything, and I'm running FSX sp1. Here are my concerns:1. While I'm flying and I look right to adjust the autopilot, my head, and consequently the view, move while I'm adjusting a knob. When it moves, obviously, the cursor moves off of the knob and accidentally click the knob next to it.2. I don't think I'm imagining this, but it's possible. I was watching planes roll in to my left as I sat waiting for take-off clearance. It seemed like the view was slowing panning back to the center, but I was not moving my head!3. Does anyone have any tips for calibration? My whole TrackIR experience really feels like I have a pair of pants on backwards and are two sizes too small. Sure, it's "cool" to look around, but it isn't practical to me yet.4. Can you assign the F12 function to a button on the CH yoke?There's a good chance I'll be able to get these resolved, but until then I prefer the 2D panels.

Guest Redvan

yeah... i quit 2D pit years ago lol, I usually use 3D zoomed out a little, that should be nice since I wont have to move my head alot to get a change in direction.Can you change "sensitivity"? ie, a little move will make alot of change, or a large movement will do a little change?good to know about it mounting to laptops... :)

>I have the latest software for everything, and I'm running FSX>sp1. Here are my concerns:First of all, you did change all presets to use the Track Clip Pro and not Vector? Quite an important step!>1. While I'm flying and I look right to adjust the autopilot,>my head, and consequently the view, move while I'm adjusting a>knob. When it moves, obviously, the cursor moves off of the>knob and accidentally click the knob next to it.I know what you mean. I always also bend forward (zoom in), which might help. You do know that you can freeze the view with F9 and unfreeze it F9 again? So look righ and bend foward, press F9 and you can do everything without problems. I've gotten used to the little movements although I also miss the button every now and then.BTW I own the RealAir SF260 now which has a novel way of turning the knobs, which completely eliminates the problem of clicking besides buttons, because you only need one click (and a drag after that). But that's OT really. ;)>2. I don't think I'm imagining this, but it's possible. I was>watching planes roll in to my left as I sat waiting for>take-off clearance. It seemed like the view was slowing>panning back to the center, but I was not moving my head!Doesn't ring a bell with me...>3. Does anyone have any tips for calibration? My whole TrackIR>experience really feels like I have a pair of pants on>backwards and are two sizes too small. Sure, it's "cool" to>look around, but it isn't practical to me yet.Well, I guess it's all a matter of persoanl preferences. I use the preset FLIGHT for everything (did you assign that one to FSX?) and never ever changed a single thing since...>4. Can you assign the F12 function to a button on the CH>yoke?AFAIK I think you can but er... trying will cost you nothing. ;)I also hope you will get your problems resolved. You would be the first one I 'know' that's not satisfied with the Track IR...

Guest zinja

Thanks for the suggestions! I can't wait to run home and give them a shot. I don't want to be your first. ;)

If you're using the clip instead of the vector be sure to move the receiver toward the left side of your monitor. The tendency is to set it exactly in the middle of the monitor which works fine with the vector because it's centered on your head. The clip, however, is hanging on the left side of your head and it doesn't work as well if you leave the receiver centered.Just a thought.Enjoy the TrackIR! Welcome to the club!Dewey

Guest triangle

As the other poster said, the key to successful and fun TrackIR use is to pause and unpause. I have two buttons bound on my yoke to the TrackIR pause and centre functions - that way, I look around and whhen I get where I want to be I just pause the TrackIR, do my thing, unpause and return to the full panel view and pause again. It takes a little time but it becomes second nature.Andrew