Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

TrackIR 4 PRO + TrackClip PRO

Guest etheberge

####, J van E beat me to it :-)>>1. While I'm flying and I look right to adjust the autopilot,>my head, and consequently the view, move while I'm adjusting a>knob. When it moves, obviously, the cursor moves off of the>knob and accidentally click the knob next to it.Like he said pausing the view is critical when fine tuning stuff. I assigned the middle mouse button for that purpose.>2. I don't think I'm imagining this, but it's possible. I was>watching planes roll in to my left as I sat waiting for>take-off clearance. It seemed like the view was slowing>panning back to the center, but I was not moving my head!I suspect that could be because the profile you use is too sensitive. See below...>3. Does anyone have any tips for calibration? My whole TrackIR>experience really feels like I have a pair of pants on>backwards and are two sizes too small. Sure, it's "cool" to>look around, but it isn't practical to me yet.I just use a modified profile I found on Naturalpoint's website. I find it less sensitive and more accurate than the default regular "Flight" profile. Go to http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04-com...y-profiles.html and get the file FS 2004 - Optimized Flight - ******* Altuve. I've had good success with it.Zooming out helps. I only use the 100% zoom during pre-flight and shutdown, the rest of the time I set it at 75% or even 50% depending on the plane.Also it can be hard at first to remember to stop moving around in your chair, slumping, leaning, etc.>4. Can you assign the F12 function to a button on the CH>yoke?I have a CH yoke I assigned a button to it. You have go into the TrakIr software, then select the profile you use in the bottom section, click edit and then choose the "Hotkeys" tab. You can assign everything from there, joystick buttons, mouse buttons, keys, etc.>There's a good chance I'll be able to get these resolved, but>until then I prefer the 2D panels.Don't give up, it take a few flights to get used to it. Every comments I read before purchasing mine said so and it's true.Everybody's suggestions here should help a lot.-Erik T.

>I have the latest software for everything, and I'm running FSX>sp1. Here are my concerns:Others have answered most of these (glad to know I can assign joystick buttons to the center and pause functions, I didn't know that!) but:>2. I don't think I'm imagining this, but it's possible. I was>watching planes roll in to my left as I sat waiting for>take-off clearance. It seemed like the view was slowing>panning back to the center, but I was not moving my head!I actually tried this last night and at first I thought I saw what you are seeing. But then I made a really concious effort not to move my head and the panning stopped. I think we probably have an instinct to move our head towards where our eyes are looking (i.e. the monitor, which has an unfortunate tendency to stay in the same place when you're moving the view with your head movements) and do so without even realising it.I'm reserving final judgement on the thing until I've put myself through some more "training", but so far it looks very, very good. :)

Grab the profile called "OPTIMISED FLIGHT" off the NaturalPoint website in the support section. This is the best profile for Flightsim. Really nice centre zone, stays steady for knob turning etc.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest zinja

I ran a couple of flights last night using all of your suggestions with the exception of flight profile that was mentioned above, and I had great success!!Here are all of the adjustments I made that helped me go from feeling like a drunken sailor looking the bedroom in a dark house to almost like actually being in a cockpit:1. The locking and unlocking will take some getting used to, but I could tell right away that it was a big help. 2. Setting my profile to a dead zone. I found that while taking off and landing, having that dead zone helped a lot when I used my CH pedals. My head would move slightly when I applied pressure on the pedals without the dead zone and it would throw my sense of the center out of control.3. I did end up moving my sense away from the center of the monitor so it's lined up with the TrackClip Pro and that helped with issues I had looking left!4. I assigned the Center and Lock buttons to the two button on the left side of my CH Yoke. It's almost like they were put there just for this function5. While flying the CRJ-700 I was zoomed out to 0.60. That seemed to help, too.I will try that profile two of you mentioned tonight.Thanks everyone for your suggestions!I'm now seeing what everyone is raving about with TrackIR. It's going to take a handful of flights once I settle on an optimal profile to get used to it, but I'm definitely past the point of wanting to return it and now at the point where I can't wait to get home and play!

>I'm now seeing what everyone is raving about with TrackIR. >It's going to take a handful of flights once I settle on an>optimal profile to get used to it, but I'm definitely past the>point of wanting to return it and now at the point where I>can't wait to get home and play!That's good news! :) Now I can keep on saying EVERYBODY loves the Track IR Pro! :(

Guest jshyluk

I like the "Progressive" profile that comes with TrackIR, myself, just in case you want to try different profiles. That, and you can easily customize your own. I find it's actually better to eliminate the dead zone as much as possible -- it prevents the TrackIR from "snapping" around when I swivel my view. That's just a personal preferece, though. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Just for the record - there is at least one person not satisfied with TrackIR-4, and that is ME. After following this thread for a day or two, I decided to give it a whirl.Easy ordering, quick delivery and painless installation. However, after an hour or two, it became apparent, that either I am not capable of setting it up properly or that the total concept is not to my liking. After a 24 hour break, I gave it another try but came to the same conclusion. I am purposely not going into details because I have no quarrel with the product itself - it appears to perform as advertised. I also found the suggestions in this thread to be helpful, particularly those suggesting that a took a bit of time to get used to. I don't feel that I can wait that long and have removed from my system.Unfortunately, I bought it direct from the maker so there is no return.Bob

Pity you won't go into details because I really wonder what's the problem. Are you sure you got it setup propperly? And since you can't return it, why not give it some more time...? And what's the use of this post, for other people who think about buying it, if you don't say what's wrong with it... (wonder why you can't wait that long if you are stuck with the product anyway)? You say you have no quarrel with the product itself and at the same time you dont like it. Quite confusing.

Guest zinja

I agree that you should at least tell us what you don't like about it. I might even have experienced the same thing and gotten around it, for example, lighting problems.Anyway, if you bought it from Natural Point, they have a satisfaction guarantee. Contact them and I'm sure they'll let you send it back.

Purpose of the post is to point out that not "EVERYBODY" likes TrackIR-4 Pro.No, I am not sure that I have it setup properly. The Manual is very detailed but not exactly easy to follow. I don't mind a bit of tinkering, but prefer something that works, not perfect, but reasonably well out of the box. Again, I am not knocking the product - I have nothing but admiration for anyone that can dream up such a program. I think the main thing that I don't care for is that an inadvertant slight movement of the head causes a distinct change of view. So I should learn to use eye movement while holding the head still. I don't doubt that, in time, I could get used to it.Sorry to be so confusing, but even sorrier that I brought it up. Bob DethlefsenSan Jose, California

Just my small remark about the Clip Pro for future customers: If you have a headset with a broader overhead band (at least one inch). You might want to try the older vector clip before investing in the Pro Clip, because it attaches easily to a headset with the benefit of not having an extra line from your head.Regards, Gerrit