Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

Hi guys,

Maybe in this forum someone has a clue. 

Its now 3 months since they released an update to their product, over a month since they gave some generic update. 

I mean, you guys think its OK ? is it reasonable ?  In their Discord they just gave the same copy&paste answer for the last 3 months "the team are hard at work on the update, no ETA"

I know many people were bashing PMDG, but have a look, PMDG released about 6 or 7 updates since it was released. Plus they are not silenced as Fenix. 

I am really disappointed with Fenix TBH... 😞 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

what needs updating? i used the fenix before on a 3 hour flight and it worked perfect 

• Like 5

Just now, steve 86 said:

what needs updating? i used the fenix before on a 3 hour flight and it worked perfect 

There is really a long list of things. Other then low performance, I would say the VNAV which they admitted they getting it replaced as its not good.

Development work can take a long time. Their last announcement was at the start of July - You also add to add the fact in they will be dealing with SU10 soon so that would delay things even further.

I can't say I'm disappointed.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

Development work can take a long time. Their last announcement was at the start of July - You also add to add the fact in they will be dealing with SU10 soon so that would delay things even further.

I can't say I'm disappointed.

Still, you cant use SU10 as an excuse... It doesn't bother PMDG releasing updates AND a new variant. But let try not to turn it into a PMDG discussion. 

17 minutes ago, NextGenSimmer said:

PMDG released about 6 or 7 updates since it was released.

This is incorrect. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NextGenSimmer said:

I am really disappointed with Fenix TBH... 😞 

Not me.

1. It's the best plane ever (imho) and works great as it is.
2. Nothing bad with taking the time to tackle as much things in one big patch instead of releasing a small patch every day or so.
3. The Fenix team is very active on Discord, posting daily, helping where they can. You make it sound as if the entire team has disappeared from the earth.

So... I don't see what's so disappointing here.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 3

It's July/August.  Depending on where they are in the globe it could simply be summer holidays.  If they are copying/pasting that the team is working on it then the team is probably working on it.  

Do I think it's reasonable.  Absolutely.  More reasonable than a forum post complaining that it's been 3 months since they updated the product and over a month since you heard anything...  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, motishow said:

for that price, what do you want more?

Is this the new talking point now? Because from the marketing language from Fenix, their whole idea is that you don’t need to charge $120+ to get a highly accurate addon. That’s great! But they have their work cut out for them to prove that, from flight dynamics to A/P behavior and engine modeling.

OP, you aren’t alone in being disappointed in the development pace so far, but I think we’re in the minority. Most people seem to be very happy with it. I’ve personally shelved it for the time being and just go back to P3D and FSL when I feel like flying an Airbus. 

• Like 2

Great, so I see that in here people think its perfectly fine. Now, if I would to come back in another 3 months and post its now 6 months since last update will it still be ok with you ? 

Wow another jab at the Fenix, trolls keep rolling in. Go back to FS(MW) Labs or Toliss if you don't care fore it. Its a fairly new product just 3 months old. Geez. As for PMDG products when will they update their P3D products due to them years ago?

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3

I’m guessing they’re probably waiting for SU10 to drop before they can release any update. 

9 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

This is incorrect. 

Even i have to agree with this statement .. I have no issue really with PMDG but they slip up with development as well .. The fenix i don't fly as much and i do find it a tad finicky personally but Software Development takes time. Unless there is a showstopper in the program (I am personally unaware of any showstopping bug in the Fenix) I would give them room to develop their product.

I would also note that any Navigation related code rewrite is not a simple feature to implement .. and is going to require months of work to get done.. Im sure  PMDG AND FBW themselves can attest to that. I would presume Fenix would not be immune to needing a decent timeframe to get this done.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I'd like a bit more communication. I understand they were silent before release, which was fair, because they had no obligations before release. Now however they have an obligation to their paying customers, which is why I'd like a bit more news in more regular intervals. Like half of what PMDG does maybe? It doesn't have to be revolutionary informative, just "we're still working on this and that, progess is a bit slower/faster because of... next thing we planned is..." Just to keep the curiosity high.

Apart from that, yes, it flies well and I'm really happy, but from all "inaccuracies" the blatantly wrong fuel usage bugs me the most, because the actual difference depends on the lenght of the cruise flight portion, so I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adapt my calculations. Just putting "minus 12" on Simbrief isn't working out. And thing is you cannot rely on the predictions either therefore. A couple of days ago I was in a holding on VATSIM and fuel pred said I'm into my reserve fuel. So in theory I should have diverted, but knewing it was basically a "cruise mode" in the hold I was able to stay there much longer without burning much fuel. But it was a pure guess and did not really feel comfortable with it.
Anyway tldr can't wait for the custom engine modelling.

• Like 5