Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

5 minutes ago, tup61 said:

3. The Fenix team is very active on Discord, posting daily, helping where they can. You make it sound as if the entire team has disappeared from the earth.

So... I don't see what's so disappointing here.

Not everyone is on Discord. Myself reject Discord because I had to reveal information that I don't want to share (this has nothing to do with Fenix, it's a Discord thing), but maybe people are disappointent that they exclusively communicate via Discord and not as before on their website/blog....

The Fenix is very good, but not perfect. I guess I have flown more than 200 hours with it and there is something missing for the immersion.

• Like 2

Yeah I’m with the OP on this. I don’t doubt they’re working on a lot of stuff but more tailored updates would be welcome, otherwise it just appears too mercenary now that Amir has most peoples money. Could they not do smaller, bite (byte) size updates?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Wow another jab at the Fenix, trolls keep rolling in. Go back to FS(MW) Labs or Toliss if you don't care fore it. Its a fairly new product just 3 months old. Geez.

Why would you insult me and call me a troll ? Did I do something bad to you ? did I insulted you in anyway ? If you don't like the topic you don't have to comment. wow...

• Like 1

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Now however they have an obligation to their paying customers, which is why I'd like a bit more news in more regular intervals. Like half of what PMDG does maybe?

Week 1: We're working on it.
Week 2: We're still working on it.
Week 3: We're still working on it.
Week 4: We're still working on it.
Week 5: We're on holidays.
Week 6: We're still working on it.

• Like 1

Check out my YouTube channel for MSFS news, preview, reviews, showcases and community events! I stream Mon & Wed nights at 7PM ET / 11PM GMT and most Fridays at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT. Come join the chat or fly with me in one of the weekly community flights which alternates between military and general aviation.

Funny seeing these low post counts seem to be some authority on when an update should drop lol

Edited by Car147
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

Funny seeing these low post counts seem to be some authority on when an update should drop lol

Ill take that as a "Welcome to Avsim" 🙂  Thank you ! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

They Envy Fenix. Do better in MSFS as a user or Developer.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Car147 said:

These forum posters are just relying on years and years of experience and SW development.
Low post counts are due to their frenzied development activities, that’s all.

-B 

Edited by btacon

Maybe they wait for SU10 official, release for there own update ?

Or the Team has to do a lot of work with the own update so it takes time..?

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Read their Discord. It's all there, direct from the developer. Nothing wrong with their communications.

• Like 1

Rob Jones.

16 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Yeah I’m with the OP on this. I don’t doubt they’re working on a lot of stuff but more tailored updates would be welcome, otherwise it just appears too mercenary now that Amir has most peoples money. Could they not do smaller, bite (byte) size updates?

They updated the performance issue for most users 2 weeks after release, what you expect a new airframe?

• Upvote 1

Custom engine modeling and VNAV rewrite being done.  So at 3 months into it, I would say maybe they are a 1/3rd of the way through development. That stuff takes a loooong time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

No, I think they're fine. I've been enjoying the heck out of the Fenix. Looking forward to any future updates they put out for sure, but what I've got now gives me a very enjoyable flight every time. I flew P3D for years without an Airbus because there was only one available and I didn't trust that developer and wouldn't give them a penny of my hard earned money if they were the last developer on Earth.

Now I've got the FBW and the Fenix to satisfy all of my Airbus needs. 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

42 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Oh, it appears mercenary, right? Like they stole your money? Wow. People here don't seize to surprise me. 

• Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”