Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Oh, it appears mercenary, right? Like they stole your money? Wow. People here don't seize to surprise me. 

That’s not really what mercenaries do, Captain. More like Amir took your money, and is using it to fund a coup against the government of the Seychelles.

Actually, it’s entirely possible that that’s what the team has been working on, maybe that’s why there’s less updates than OP wants…

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Amir never clamed to be Michael Angelo like some other outspoken chat talk claim to fame publisher have celebrated 25 years in the business. Give the Fenix time. Maybe some gobblers from ESP would appreciate their work and not look back to 1997.

Edited by jbdbow1970

12 hours ago, MDFlier said:

It works, but you need to create a file called content.xml with the lines below in it and place it in your "C:\Users\<Your-UserName>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\" folder (before you launch the sim).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<content>
<Package name="fnx-aircraft-320" Active="true"/>
</content>

Thanks a ton for this, will try it asap !

AWESOME, it worked. Thanks a lot buddy !

Edited by RTK1972
  • Upvote 1

Carsten U

6 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

I got the popcorn. Who’s got the sodas? 

I do probably.. 😕 word not allowed..

Victor Roos

I'd love to weigh into this debate, but, having purchased on release day, I'm yet to get the A320 airborne! Without fail, I get a CTD during setup, somewhere between boarding completion and pushback. This is the only aircraft that does this, and my MSFS is stable and runs reasonably well. I submitted a support ticket and the logs weeks ago, got an acknowledgement that the devs are looking into it, but haven't had a solution. @Aamir

• Like 1

So after I decided to simply leave the discussion yesterday, and let some of the less welcoming people to relax, I would like to ask them something. 

Some of you guys replied "I don't mind waiting..." "It will take as much as it takes..." etc... 

You really don't think there should be some reasonable time between updates ? For example, I will come back in another 3 months or even 6 months, and ask again "what is going on with the Fenix update ?", will you still reply in the same manner ? Since Fenix themselves did not vouch or gave any clue how long its going to take it could really be true.

And please guys, if you really itching to reply with some cynical comment, or with some poor attempt to be funny, or to call me troll, please breath for 10 sec and reply like a normal human being or simply don't reply at all. 

Very much apricate your thoughts and feedbacks ! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

4 minutes ago, NextGenSimmer said:

So after I decided to simply leave the discussion yesterday, and let some of the less welcoming people to relax, I would like to ask them something. 

Some of you guys replied "I don't mind waiting..." "It will take as much as it takes..." etc... 

You really don't think there should be some reasonable time between updates ? For example, I will come back in another 3 months or even 6 months, and ask again "what is going on with the Fenix update ?", will you still reply in the same manner ? Since Fenix themselves did not vouch or gave any clue how long its going to take it could really be true.

And please guys, if you really itching to reply with some cynical comment, or with some poor attempt to be funny, or to call me troll, please breath for 10 sec and reply like a normal human being or simply don't reply at all. 

Very much apricate your thoughts and feedbacks ! 

If it takes 1 to 2 years for the next update without any further communication then yes I would be questioning why so long for an update compared to other addons out there. But in it's current situation and they have told us what they are working on in July - I don't think alarm bells should be ringing at this point. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 minute ago, Zangoose said:

If it takes 1 to 2 years for the next update without any further communication then yes I would be questioning why so long for an update compared to other addons out there. But in it's current situation and they have told us what they are working on in July - I don't think alarm bells should be ringing at this point. 

Hi Matt, 

So you are good with up to 2 years ? It doesn't bother you that its almost the same amount of time took to develop the plane itself ? 

3 minutes ago, NextGenSimmer said:

Hi Matt, 

So you are good with up to 2 years ? It doesn't bother you that its almost the same amount of time took to develop the plane itself ? 

That's not what I was saying - I was saying if it took that long then I would start questioning why it's taking so long or seeing if there is other issues at play on why there is such a huge gap to the next update.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

13 hours ago, NextGenSimmer said:

This actually makes me think, what happened during the initial beta testing before release ? How come a new released product needs an overhaul of the whole system ? I mean i can understand small bugs went overlooked thats normal, but replacing a whole system cause the current one is not good ?  

I am also curious about this. Does the developer simply think that the original code is not good enough, or has some aspect of the Microsoft Flight Simulator update process messed everything up? If it was the former, then surely it could have been seen to be not good enough before the product was released?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, NextGenSimmer said:

This actually makes me think, what happened during the initial beta testing before release ? How come a new released product needs an overhaul of the whole system ? I mean i can understand small bugs went overlooked thats normal, but replacing a whole system cause the current one is not good ?  

56 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am also curious about this. Does the developer simply think that the original code is not good enough, or has some aspect of the Microsoft Flight Simulator update process messed everything up? If it was the former, then surely it could have been seen to be not good enough before the product was released?

AIUI, the feedback from customers was that the various issues (e.g. climb rates, fuel burn rates, managed descent speeds) were not showstoppers, but did detract from an otherwise great add-on. Some people are very happy with how the Fenix A320 performs after the initial updates, others want much more from it.

Given the total re-writes of systems and modelling which were limited by inaccuracies in the base sim, the changes being made by SU10, the feedback from the entire customer base (not just beta testers), I think a few months of quiet-getting-on-with-the-project should be expected.

While I dislike Discord and other people may also choose not to use it, it's clear that Aamir has been keeping the channel updated, if only to say progress continues, nothing major to report.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This thread right here...is the most avsim being avsim I've ever seen.  Crazy, I discipline my two children for behaving the way our members act.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This will surely be the last time i react or even open this thread.

@NextGenSimmer as you can see, there are few normal people but the amount of the opposite tends to make bigger noise.

my advise to you, use MSFS official forums. You'll find it better for this type of discussion, or even for other discussion as well.

Happy flying ! 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

I've hidden several posts that add nothing to this discussion. If those people persist in flaming the OP there will be consequences.

If you can't discuss this in a sensible manner I'll lock the topic.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've hidden several posts that add nothing to this discussion. If those people persist in flaming the OP there will be consequences.

If you can't discuss this in a sensible manner I'll lock the topic.

My apologize Ray. I honestly didn't knew this post will set such fire and hate. Believe it or not, I found this website on Google just yesterday. 

I did try to make it a discussion on not some random collection of rants. 

Feel free to lock it if you think is necessary.

• Like 1