Sign in to follow this  
NextGenSimmer

Anyone knows what is going on with Fenix ??

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

Understood! Great post. However. 😉 There also are a few little small bugs that could easily be solved with a simple hotfix (no installer, just some new files you could drop somewhere). Now obviously creating hotfixes also takes precious time but still... it COULD be a way to keep some people happy (and silent LOL) and it shouldn't take TOO much time. 😉 Like the little texture bug I posted about on Discord quite some time ago (which you probably won't remember but that's not the point here 😉 ). Within half an hour, if not quicker, someone from the team told me he figured out what was wrong and had it fixed already. (In fact he said already knew what the problem probably was once he read my post.) Such a little change should be perfect for a hotfix...!

But having said that: as I posted above I am perfectly fine with the plane as it is so I won't get hysteric of you decide to not release hotfix(es). 😉 It's just a thought you might (re)consider.

Ah, well this is one of those infrastructure things I was talking about at the end of my post - we'll address this but more to come in time. 

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Now that's probably the most informative post a dev has ever done on Avsim. Thanks!
Just to be clear: I think - due to translation errors - the word "update" is ambiguosly used by some people over here (me too sometimes). Some mean a patch, others might mean an information update AKA news. I think most people actually only just want some news. So while you did a great job explaining what takes the patch so long, this still doesn't explain why you can't do some short-medium announcements every let's say three weeks. To keep everyone in the loop and keep them excited about what to come.

I'm not so sure about this, from my perspective I feel the comms process is relatively intolerant to the fluidity of development - you'd stick to "high-level" - and there the best we have is: "We continue work toward the update", anything else and things can get a little dicey. "Why are you prioritising XYZ, instead of ABC?", "I sent in a bug report 2 months ago about issue XYZ, I see you've fixed issue ABC, I think that XYZ is more important than ABC, why have you fixed ABC instead of XYZ?"

The customer is generally not privy to most things around the development process, and that context is really important when I set, move, or remove objectives from our plate - this fluidity is not really suited to comms, it would, imo, serve to just irritate most. 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Aamir Thacker

9 minutes ago, Aamir said:

it would, imo, serve to just irritate most. 

And THAT is when you should tell us to go pound sand... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

And THAT is when you should tell us to go pound sand... 🤣

The team at Fenix have more class than that, not like some other developers out there and not only in the flight sim community either.

• Like 2

@Aamir thank you for an amazing aircraft already that has given me and no doubt many others, hours of enjoyment. Having a team so dedicated to the accuracy of the A320 is a real asset to MSFS. It is such an exciting time to be in flight simulation. 

• Like 11

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Late to the party here. As a flight simmer and previous developer for 35+ years, FENIX is unquestionably among the top developers in this age of flight simulation. You will not get a more honest and hard working team dedicated to their product. It is unfortunate that some in this hobby experience certain problems. With time and the proper attitude, issues will be resolved. FENIX is careful and knows best when to release their updates in relation to the sim development. I learned how to fly the Airbus properly and in my hands the FENIX experience has been 100% satisfaction. Just amazing to fly the best and I certainly recognize excellence.

• Like 10

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Fenix is hands down one of my favorite all time planes.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

Fenix is hands down one of my favorite all time planes.  

I’ve always been a Boeing Pilot, but after all these years I’m finally going to give the Airbus a crack.

I’ve figured this is the aircraft to do it with.

In the process of working out the Airbus nuances, how to fly one as opposed to the other.  Autopilot, FMC etc

Don't think it will be as daunting as I think it will be.

will be a new update soon for Fenix

know from good source... 🙂

Soon™️

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I am really looking forward to the next update. It's funny because i am a huge Airbus-fan and switched to MSFS almost only because of the Fenix being announced. I really think that it is the addon with the biggest potential. But after 2 weeks using the Fenix I ended up flying only the PMDG 737 because it's just more stable and has less bugs 🙂 So i hope the next  Fenix-update will be great.

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

44 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

I am really looking forward to the next update. It's funny because i am a huge Airbus-fan and switched to MSFS almost only because of the Fenix being announced. I really think that it is the addon with the biggest potential. But after 2 weeks using the Fenix I ended up flying only the PMDG 737 because it's just more stable and has less bugs 🙂 So i hope the next  Fenix-update will be great.

What bugs specifically are you having?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

What bugs specifically are you having?

The same as everyone i guess: wrong fuel consumption, altitude constraints being overriden, EXPED function not being correctly calculated on the MCDU, T/C-arrow on the ND being shown on a different place than calculated from the MCDU etc.

11 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

The same as everyone i guess: wrong fuel consumption, altitude constraints being overriden, EXPED function not being correctly calculated on the MCDU, T/C-arrow on the ND being shown on a different place than calculated from the MCDU etc.

I still find it to be the most overall enjoyable plane in flight sim. Yes refinements needed 

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

I still find it to be the most overall enjoyable plane in flight sim. Yes refinements needed 

It's for sure a very good aircraft and will get even better. But I personnally enjoy the PMDG 737 more for now. And I didn't expect that 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Franz007 said:

It's for sure a very good aircraft and will get even better. But I personnally enjoy the PMDG 737 more for now. And I didn't expect that 😉

Same. Especially after the LNAV update, it just feels very competent and polished. With Fenix, the engines don't even simulate a correct start sequence. 

• Like 3