Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

PREVIEW: GSX for MSFS

And yet another question. 😉 (Yes, I've changed from a totally-not-interested-person into a totally-interested-wanna-buy-this-person! 😉 ) In the video I noticed that after selecting something you often get a second screen in which you can select something and then the screen disappears. Does this mean that for everything you'd like GSX to do you have to go to the menu and open the GSX interface again and again? So you can't ask for refual, pax, cargo, etc. in one go...? (I am totally new to GSX!)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I am watching the video right now, great vid, very interesting, but just as with previous video's I have seen I am beginning to wonder if the GSX-people aren't a bit too big...? 

They are perfectly correct and accurate, averaging about 1,70 to 1,80 mt, with the tallest of all (a guy with a backpack) being 2,02 and women usually being shorter, for example the girl with glasses a black skirt that walks funny is 1,67 mt, the cabin crew about 1,70 mt.

We are considering adding a duck down animation to all of them, so they can pass through lower doors, like the rear one on the 737, which of course will make more extra fun to configure the airplane, since we'll have to introduce a new parameter for the door's height (and the person height as well, but that's not something users would need to be concerned about), not just height from ground, that's to prevent them from ducking if not necessary.

However, I can't name specific airplanes (or airports, in case of jetways), but I assure we found some of them which aren't modeled right, a 3rd party scenery came with custom jetways 1,50 meters if height, which we *measure* them after imported the model into 3DS Max to be sure WE weren't the one with an out of scale model because yes, we *DO* these tests, but apparently some airport modelers don't.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Filbert was using the FBW A32N in that small sequence, not the Fenix.

Ooops, I didn't noticed it. We haven't made a specific config for it, it just aliases the one from the default A320 but yes, I guess if they changed the standard parking brake into a custom one, we'll have to make a dedicated config using a custom parking brake variable. It's something that takes me less time to do than starting MSFS itself...I'll see if I can find 5 minutes to install the FBW and check this.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 7

Really looking forward to GSX. Never had it before, but it looks as if it's going to add even more immersion to the sim.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

not sure what happened to you with the Fenix parking brakes, but assure you they work, there several videos out there with the Fenix showing that.

It wasn't the Fenix, it was the FBW. Fenix worked fine. 

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

30 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Ooops, I didn't noticed it. We haven't made a specific config for it, it just aliases the one from the default A320 but yes, I guess if they changed the standard parking brake into a custom one, we'll have to make a dedicated config using a custom parking brake variable. It's something that takes me less time to do than starting MSFS itself...I'll see if I can find 5 minutes to install the FBW and check this.

Oh thar's great. 🙂

spacer.png

Watched the entire video, great stuff. But er........ one of the reasons I was getting interested in GSX is the pushback option it offers. It should be great, so I was told. All the other stuff is great too, obviously, but not something I will use each and every flight (depending on the time I have). However, the pushback I would like to use every time.

So it was with great anticipation that I watched the pushback part of this video. Now the default left or right options look simple enough and great but the 'quick' planner option (or whatever it was called) is a bit of a joke imho... I was hoping for something easy to use as the famous Toolbar Pushback utility (which unfortunately doesn't work well with the Fenix A320) but this is nothing like it. It's cumbersome, slow (not quick at all, having to use all those keys in order to get somewhere) and not really very intuitive with those F-keys. Totally NOT what I expected to see and hoped for.

So... question: will this be simplified in the near future? Or is this it?

@virtuali

Umberto- can GSX be called up with a keystroke, or does one have to go to the menu bar each time?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

32 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@virtuali

Umberto- can GSX be called up with a keystroke, or does one have to go to the menu bar each time?

Thanks!

this

and I would also like to know if GSX has shortcuts

like request jetway with Shift + 1 and request catering with shift + 1
I have a Homemade panel and it would be awsome to request this stuff with just a button and not always go to the menu for every single request

Thanks

3 hours ago, Eziocin said:

on the Fenix you start  the progressive refuelling via the Fenix EFB load page clicking the Load Aircraft button. However in the Fenix this button triggers also the passengers boarding and cargo load.. how do you handle this ?

My understanding is that, for now, GSX passenger loading is not connected in any way to the Fenix EFB, so you'd click the load aircraft and then request boarding via the GSX menu. 

Edited by FilbertFlies

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Watched the entire video, great stuff. But er........ one of the reasons I was getting interested in GSX is the pushback option it offers. It should be great, so I was told. All the other stuff is great too, obviously, but not something I will use each and every flight (depending on the time I have). However, the pushback I would like to use every time.

So it was with great anticipation that I watched the pushback part of this video. Now the default left or right options look simple enough and great but the 'quick' planner option (or whatever it was called) is a bit of a joke imho... I was hoping for something easy to use as the famous Toolbar Pushback utility (which unfortunately doesn't work well with the Fenix A320) but this is nothing like it. It's cumbersome, slow (not quick at all, having to use all those keys in order to get somewhere) and not really very intuitive with those F-keys. Totally NOT what I expected to see and hoped for.

So... question: will this be simplified in the near future? Or is this it?

In P3D, you can just click in an overhead view mode to set the final push position, just like ToolBar pushback. 

It looks like click-to-place isn't in the MSFS version of GSX, which is a huge, huge bummer and probably thanks to another Asobo limitation. This will also make placing vehicles a chore. I hope this changes in the future but that's kind of deflating for me tbh. 

6 minutes ago, FilbertFlies said:

My understanding is that, for now, GSX passenger loading is not connected in any way to the Fenix EFB, so you'd click the load aircraft and then request boarding via the GSX menu. 

So the EFB for the actual loading and GSX for the animation of it (which obviously won't be synced). Hopefully Fenix finds some time (soon) to make their bus compatible with GSX because having to give two commands using two interfaces to get one thing done each and every time feels odd and it's a bit immersion killing.

Do the fuel trucks and catering vehicles still drive through the aircraft's wings or is that a scenery / third party aircraft problem? 

1 minute ago, gb09f said:

Do the fuel trucks and catering vehicles still drive through the aircraft's wings or is that a scenery / third party aircraft problem? 

yes they do 

• Like 1