Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

PREVIEW: GSX for MSFS

IMO I will wait until more airports are supported. I don't have time to faff around editing gates.

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

They think in term of "waypoints", so every video I saw, they put waypoints in the wrong places, and use way more waypoints that is necessary.

I think this is because they're referred to as "waypoints" in the manual, Umberto 😉

I do kind of agree with the comments here. Coming from the quick & simple graphical interface of Toolbar Pushback, this does feel laborious, even if you don't place a single waypoint. Don't get me wrong: overall, the pushback experience is miles ahead of anything else available, but an updated, clickable path creation method would be very useful indeed.

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

3 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

IMO I will wait until more airports are supported. I don't have time to faff around editing gates.

You can use it with every airport without any editing.  If you want to fine tune it offers that capability but for the most part GSX is plug and play... 

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just now, psolk said:

You can use it with every airport without any editing.  If you want to fine tune it offers that capability but for the most part GSX is plug and play... 

Unfortunately that's not true. Watching Chewwy's stream most gates need to be customised as the pushback doesn't work properly and the marshalling is way off.

10 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Without any sales there is no incentive for the devs to fix the airports…

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 minutes ago, benekq said:

pls fix the flag on the page, shows slovenian flag instead of russian

Special first post. 
welcome

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, espent said:

That's the catch 22 problem.

9 minutes ago, espent said:

Users can also create and share the config files. That was a big thing in the FSX/P3D version.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

Unfortunately that's not true. Watching Chewwy's stream most gates need to be customised as the pushback doesn't work properly and the marshalling is way off.

That must be different than prior versions in P3D then.  In P3D it was very rare I needed to start fiddling.  Most of it was "good enough" out of the box and the airports I used regularly I would tweak a few gates which usually took a few minutes...  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Users can also create and share the config files. That was a big thing in the FSX/P3D version.

Yes, with the big community we have now I expect all the major airports to be done in a short time. 
It will be great!

• Like 1

So, in summary, if I read all of this correctly, GSX is completely ready for immediate release?! 

The small issues there are can easily be fixed by the community, and no related CTDs have been reported. Which leads me to think that Umberto can simply enable the sales, watch the money flow in, and let us enjoy our passengers and cargo? 😄

Unfortunately i used the link purchased GSX for MSFS and got a key before you posted your message, will this key still be valid once the product is released on the installer?

40 minutes ago, FilbertFlies said:

I do kind of agree with the comments here. Coming from the quick & simple graphical interface of Toolbar Pushback, this does feel laborious, even if you don't place a single waypoint. Don't get me wrong: overall, the pushback experience is miles ahead of anything else available, but an updated, clickable path creation method would be very useful indeed.

The reason why the pushback is so much more precise than anything else out there (in addition to be the *only* one NOT requiring any pre-planning or manual guide in the first place), it's BECAUSE the editor is made that way, using control points.

BTW, the manual starts by calling them "Waypoints", because it's a term everybody is familiar with, but it immediately continue to explain what we mean with that:

A Custom Pushback route can have up to 9 Waypoints, and they work as “Control Points” of a Spline curve, so fairly complex (and smooth) curves can be obtained, even with a few points

I'm fairly sure that, adding a proper explanation about what "Controls Points of a Spline curve" really are, is probably beyond the scope of what the GSX manual could cover. There are some IMAGES in the following pages, which shows the effect of how changing the Waypoint position or heading affect the resulting curve so, again, once you made a bit of practice, you'll get the hang where you need to place them to create any kind of curve, with just 2-3 points at most.

As I already explained in another post, there's no way to have a mouse interface in the actual 3d scenery, something that is possible (and we have it) in P3D 4 or 5, because there's a specific mouse API linked to the camera API, both of them are completely absent in the MSFS SDK.

• Like 3

@virtuali sounds great and to have custom pushback routes one of the major nice to have items in P3D where the pull function... Is that planned or still on hold due to the SDK?

Edited by awf

André