Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

PREVIEW: GSX for MSFS

6 hours ago, FilbertFlies said:

I can find 5 minutes to install the FBW

While you are at it Umberto, may I suggest you take also a look at the other major airliner mods available and widely used by simmers:

1. Headwind A330-900 (282'300 downloads on Flights.to)
  2. Salty B748 (downloads 2.9 M) available at https://github.com/saltysimulations/salty-747
  3. Heavy Division 787-1000 available at https://github.com/Heavy-Division/B78XH/releases

That will be immensely appreciated! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

I was wondering when this would come up:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596360-people-inside-terminals/?do=findComment&comment=4762379

This was in April, and back then we promised to offer from 50 to 60 passenger models and, as of today, we have exactly 53 different passenger models, and 18 of them are from that pack sold on Turbosquid which other developers used.

The number will *obviously* increase a lot in the future.

Ah okay, great to hear that it's not all of them. In fact, I only recognized two of the models. It seems every second developer is using Turbosquid models. I guess it saves a lot of time.

It is available at the FSDT shop …

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

On 8/18/2022 at 3:55 AM, virtuali said:

They are perfectly correct and accurate, averaging about 1,70 to 1,80 mt, with the tallest of all (a guy with a backpack) being 2,02 and women usually being shorter, for example the girl with glasses a black skirt that walks funny is 1,67 mt, the cabin crew about 1,70 mt.

We are considering adding a duck down animation to all of them, so they can pass through lower doors, like the rear one on the 737, which of course will make more extra fun to configure the airplane, since we'll have to introduce a new parameter for the door's height (and the person height as well, but that's not something users would need to be concerned about), not just height from ground, that's to prevent them from ducking if not necessary.

However, I can't name specific airplanes (or airports, in case of jetways), but I assure we found some of them which aren't modeled right, a 3rd party scenery came with custom jetways 1,50 meters if height, which we *measure* them after imported the model into 3DS Max to be sure WE weren't the one with an out of scale model because yes, we *DO* these tests, but apparently some airport modelers don't.

I am a Real 737 pilot and I am 1,74mt tall. I am completely sure that people on GSX are a little too big. You could give it a look when you have time please.

23 hours ago, andrespallares92 said:

I am a Real 737 pilot and I am 1,74mt tall. I am completely sure that people on GSX are a little too big. You could give it a look when you have time please

I already posted the exact measurement of the passengers so, clearly, we already had a look, otherwise I would’t be able to give such precise numbers.

As I’ve said, the tallest guy we have is 2,02 mt, which is surely tall, but not unrealistic. Do you know the exact height of the 737 doors (the real one) ? Do you know if a pilot that tall would need to crouch a bit to enter a 737 ? If yes, that means, as I’ve said in my previous post, we only need to add a crouch animation to be used when the door is lower than a certain threshold compared to the character height, and of course we’ll have to add an extra parameter in the airplane editor, the door’s height, not just its height from ground.

Edited by virtuali

9 minutes ago, virtuali said:

I already posted the exact measurement of the passengers so, clearly, we already had a look, otherwise I would’t be able to give such precise numbers.

As I’ve said, the tallest guy we have is 2,02 mt, which is surely tall, but not unrealistic. Do you know the exact height of the 737 doors (the real one) ? Do you know if a pilot that tall would need to crouch a bit to enter a 737 ? If yes, that means, as I’ve said in my previous post, we only need to add a crouch animation to be used when the door is lower than a certain threshold compared to the character height, and of course we’ll have to add an extra parameter in the airplane editor, the door’s height, not just its height from ground.

I'm almost that tall and I definitely need to take my head down when entering the 737.

Any chance passengers could be updated to carry light bags and backpacks? Most passengers don't waltz on board without any carry-on.

58 minutes ago, CoolDude said:

Any chance passengers could be updated to carry light bags and backpacks? Most passengers don't waltz on board without any carry-on.

A few of them do have backpacks.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired