Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Where do I get the photo scenery patch???

It's not on FSinsider. HelgolandX is glitching where ever there is a landing surface, and I'm guessing I need to the photo scenery patch to fix this. I've tried this link but it requires a username and password, which I don't have. www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/Photo-BasedAdd-onSceneryUpdate.aspxSP1 is not an option. Thanks.

AFAIK there is no patch. Not yet.

Guest UlfB

SolarEagle,What photoscenery patch? Do you mean the pre SP1 patch from Microsoft? If you installed FSX SP1 you don't need it.Helgoland X works fine for me. What's the glitch?Ulf B :-)

Guest UlfB

>It's not on FSinsider. HelgolandX is glitching where ever>there is a landing surface, and I'm guessing I need to the>photo scenery patch to fix this. >>I've tried this link but it requires a username and password,>which I don't have. >www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/Photo-BasedAdd-onSceneryUpdate.aspx>>SP1 is not an option. >>Thanks. Hi again SolarEagle,Do you miss the scenery layer "AerosoftAFD" (folder ...Microsoft Flight Simulator XAerosoftAFD)? This must have a higher priority (positioned above) than the Helgoland scenery.Ulf B :-)

Go to the SP1 download pageCreate a login and ID to download SP1Cancel the downloadTry that login and ID on the PhotoScenery UpdateHowever, it may not be available because it was rolled into SP1.FSX without SP1 is unsupported and not an option any longer.

I don't recall seeing AerosoftAFD but I'll look again when I get home. Mainly what I see is the runways and the other landing surface on the main island flash and flicker all kind of different texture images. Its like the textures from both landing zones are flickering and flashing between each other, so it has the appearance of lots of grey shaded geometry patterns flickering ad flashing really fast.I was quite satisfied with FSX as it was in RTM, but now that SP1 is a requirement, and it has obvious texture issues, I am quite dissapointed. :(

>Hi again SolarEagle,>>Do you miss the scenery layer "AerosoftAFD" (folder>...Microsoft Flight Simulator XAerosoftAFD)? This must have>a higher priority (positioned above) than the Helgoland>scenery.>>Ulf B :-)Ok I got it working. I think it may have had to do with the FS9 helgoland issue I had, where it would not install or load the scenery. To get the FS9 issue fixed I had to delete the HelgolandX install shield information folder, and then reinstall FS9 Helgoland. After that I reinstalled HelgolandX to get the install sheild folder back so I could uninstall and reisntall HelgoX through add/remove, then I reinstalled. Now both FS9 and FSX helgo products are now working corectly.

Guest UlfB

SolarEagle,Happy you got it working and that you didn't call me a dick head this time ;-)Ulf B :-)

I'm sorry about that, I applogize, it was totally uncalled for. You must have delt a blow to my ego, which can strike a nerve at times. lol

Guest UlfB

:D OK, SolarEagle!Have a nice weekend.Ulf B