Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

41 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Pretty much whatever I real in manual doesn't work as described. I absolutely clueless how this program suppose to work LOL

You might start understanding that, before an airplane can be used, you must first create a configuration for it, if it's not internally supported by GSX. Is that a PMDG 737-600 ? If yes, its config is not yet in the default database that comes with GSX, since it came out very recently and we really didn't had time to add it in time for release, but we'll surely do.  The -700 is fully supported.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You might start understanding that, before an airplane can be used, you must first create a configuration for it, if it's not internally supported by GSX. Is that a PMDG 737-600 ? If yes, its config is not yet in the default database that comes with GSX, since it came out very recently and we really didn't had time to add it in time for release, but we'll surely do.  The -700 is fully supported.

Yes I have read manual and tried customize via airplane customization menu. Clicking on "rectangles" of different colors did absolutely nothing ! So I'm not sure! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

53 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

anyone else other than SizzlingPopcorn having the download hang?

BritishAvGeek, iFlySimX and I all had download hang in early access, which you wouldn't think would happen when the server load is much less than at release.

Check out my YouTube channel for MSFS news, preview, reviews, showcases and community events! I stream Mon & Wed nights at 7PM ET / 11PM GMT and most Fridays at 11AM ET / 3PM GMT. Come join the chat or fly with me in one of the weekly community flights which alternates between military and general aviation.

18 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes I have read manual and tried customize via airplane customization menu. Clicking on "rectangles" of different colors did absolutely nothing ! So I'm not sure! 

Im on the same vote...1. I dont have the Simbrief option on the bottom of the menu, 2. like you have mentioned clicking on the little spots for airplane customizing does nothing

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

13 minutes ago, SizzlingPopcorn said:

BritishAvGeek, iFlySimX and I all had download hang in early access, which you wouldn't think would happen when the server load is much less than at release.

I wonder if it's the server we're all closest too.

I'm going to try a VPN. Connected to one somewhere in the USA.

Edit: VPN worked, so it was either a server issue, or an issue with my ISP.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I have had multiple hangs, but they do resolve and it keeps going.  Terrible download experience, however, I have been at it for over an hour and am at 35%

• Like 1

Dan Scott

24 minutes ago, Bill A said:

I dont have the Simbrief option on the bottom of the menu

If you don't see Simbrief, it means you still have the previous version, so nothing will basically work until you'll get the right files. As you see for other messages here, with user solved with a VPN, it's surely that.

Just try again the Live Update, you'll eventually get the right files.

I need a manual for the scariest installer ever let alone a manual for the program itself! I've got nothing at all showing in the toolbar.

Edited by jarmstro

Couatl is runny in the systray and the GSX button is visible and active in MSFS, but when I click on it, it's only deactivated - no menu appears. Tried Live Update several times, no success..! 

Edited by LarsA

@virtuali For the custom pushback, will we eventually see the ability to use a scroll wheel on the mouse to adjust the direction of the plane? I'm currently having a difficult time because I have my arrows setup to move the camera view which makes it a challenge to turn the aircraft.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

OK, i will wait to buy until this "new release from GSX for MSFS" hick- hack is solved.

Seems the next 2 ore 3 days could do this..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

OK, i will wait to buy until this "new release from GSX for MSFS" hick- hack is solved.

Seems the next 2 ore 3 days could do this..

cheers 😉

Well, FWIW I made my first install 10 minutes ago, no problems encountered. It seems that the Cloudflare servers have caught up.

For those that installed earlier, this procedure (posted by Umberto at the official forums) seems to have worked:

Try a complete removal:.
- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer
- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel
- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder
- Run the installer again.

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 minute ago, SierraDelta said:

Well, FWIW I made my first install 10 minutes ago, no problems encountered. It seems that the Cloudflare servers have caught up.

For those that installed earlier, this procedure (posted by Umberto at the official forums) seems to have worked:

Try a complete removal:.
- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer
- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel
- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder
- Run the installer again.

So thanks for this Information 👍 will see..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Hmmm... Purchase and download seem to be ok now. But I could just get the gsx menu once to see the popup, clicking boarding, a nice voice telling me boarding will start... but except a tug with missing texture logo in pink nothing happening. No menu anymore nothing... lets do some restart and try again...

Cheers

T.

My problem appears to be that Couatl is unable to run in the first place - I'm getting runtime errors in the FSDT Live Update / Installer apps when trying to configure, update or even uninstall GSX. So I'm not even able to go start from scratch and uninstall GSX to be able to try again.

The updater appears to work correctly for my other FSDT sceneries.

(Just to clarify: I'm writing here for now as I'm awaiting approval to post on the official FSDT forum).

Edit: All working correctly now. My problem seems to have been linked to incorrect downloading last night due to the cloudflare issues.

Edited by Redge
solved