Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

Did my FSLabs/GSX integration just dropped completely after an FSDT update installer ? I saw alot of wave files installed to P3dv5 as well.

Also woman voice all the sudden about fuel trucks etc. (they did not animate anymore and also no cargo load )

Had to disable GSX .

Anyone else ?

btw : Instant buy after my VLG79WG /FSLA320-SL flight

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

is there away to turn off the arrival of the pilots and crew as it doesnt seem right that im programing the aircraft and look out the window to see 2 pilots walking up.

We’ve been asking that for years. No dice. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

May I ask what aircraft? There are (only) two others on the FSDT forum reporting a CTD, both with the Fenix. I've heard the Fenix apps starts twice for some with GSX, perhaps there is some sort of connection.

Both times for me were with the PMDG 737-700. I’m now trying the same flight with the Fenix. (Sounds like I’m about to be disappointed though).

Glad to hear I’m not the only one experiencing these kinds of CTDs though. 

I've uninstalled this and will not be installing it again for a few months. It was clearly not ready for release. I'm not going to ask for my money back or anything because I did use GSX on P3D and it worked well, so I'm hoping they fix it eventually - and if they don't, I'll consider the $30 a donation.

It is disappointing though. I don't understand why this was released in this state (well, besides the obvious reasons). Heck, if this was released as a beta version (or "Early Access", say for $15 or something), I wouldn't have minded so much. But this is being marketed as a fully ready to use product and it really (REALLY) isn't ready to go. 

Oh well, lesson learned I guess. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

I've uninstalled this and will not be installing it again for a few months. It was clearly not ready for release. I'm not going to ask for my money back or anything because I did use GSX on P3D and it worked well, so I'm hoping they fix it eventually - and if they don't, I'll consider the $30 a donation.

It is disappointing though. I don't understand why this was released in this state (well, besides the obvious reasons). Heck, if this was released as a beta version (or "Early Access", say for $15 or something), I wouldn't have minded so much. But this is being marketed as a fully ready to use product and it really (REALLY) isn't ready to go. 

Unfortunately the Uninstall function does not purge it from your system completely. And I suspect there is code left in the sim itself causing issues. Hopefully the devs will kindly provide a proper cleaner.

16 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yeah, this launch was botched. Nearly 24 hours later and it still doesn't work for me, and apparently it all comes down to CloudFlare not having the latest installer available at the "node" closest to me. Fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yeah, this launch was botched. Nearly 24 hours later and it still doesn't work for me, and apparently it all comes down to CloudFlare not having the latest installer available at the "node" closest to me. Fantastic. 

Try using a free VPN or something, it could grab a server with the newer files.

Edited by Tuskin38

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Unfortunately the Uninstall function does not purge it from your system completely. And I suspect there is code left in the sim itself causing issues. Hopefully the devs will kindly provide a proper cleaner.

Nope, thankfully the way MSFS is architected, you just need to delete files from the community folder and it's gone from the sim (at least that's how it's worked for me). I also deleted the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and the C:\Program Files\Addon Manager folder and my sim is working as expected. 

O dear. Reading all this posts about so many issues after this release is a bit odd. Unfortunately they managed a not so nice release.

I was lucky not having time to try and install, all though this is a must have addon for me. 

Unfortunately GSX always had a lot to install in the most different locations (directories) of a PC. Something that bothered me a lot in p3d times. And this couatl thing wasn't not always that stable (most of the time yes...but it had also it's issues).

Uninstalling had a lot leftovers and cleaning those out was always a bit tricky.

Exactly this will keep me away from GSX in MSFS for some time at least, and after reading the issues here, I really won't even think about installing it the next week's or so and wait till this has stabilized and most issues have bin ironed out. 

I like GSX a lot, but it's not worth for me risking a stable installation of Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago as well my MSFS sim running greatly without a single CTD since fresh windows and sim install. 

Also products from FS2Crew and FSDG (SHARM El SHEIKH) are creating folders all over the place (Programm files (86) appuser local, Programm data, community etc etc. ) 

And especially about a simple airport from FSDG I'm asking myself, WHY? Isn't it enough to create a community folder for that addon? 

I will not buy such add-ons anymore because that is something what bothered me at P3D. This complexity and endless install, de ugging fixing etc. MSFS has a huge benefit.....single community folder ....in or out.....on or off ..as simple as that.

Hoping you simmers will find solutions quickly so you are up and running quickly again...and stable hopefully. 

@umberto I wish you honestly the best with sorting out, you have deserved a more stable release for sure! 

M.

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I haven't had a single crash with GSX, I only airliner I fly the FBW A20N.

Only issue I had was the download hanging in the FSDT installer, but using a VPN fixed it.

Edited by Tuskin38

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Try using a free VPN or something, it could grab a server with the newer files.

It's not just the files, even after the program is correctly installed it's just way too buggy. I've tried many different airports (default MSFS, FlyTampa, premium MSFS) and different planes (Fenix, PMGD, Default 787, FBW, Default A320) and it just doesn't work properly.

Sometimes the jetways vanish, sometimes the vehicles drive through the buildings, sometimes the pushback acts weird... it's just not polished. I tried editing my parking position and the helper text (the one that tells you which keys do what) on screen was so small (I'm at 4k) that I couldn't read it (and I have perfect vision).. the list goes on. And that's when couatl decides to work. 

Just feels half-baked.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyingGoose said:

sometimes the vehicles drive through the buildings, sometimes the pushback acts weird...

That's how it was with P3D. You have to wait for people to create profiles for different airports, and also hope scenery developers create proper paths for airport vehicles.

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's how it was with P3D. You have to wait for people to create profiles for different airports, and also hope scenery developers create proper paths for airport vehicles.

I mean, I used GSX with P3d for years so I know how it worked.

Like I said, I'm going to wait a few months and hope all this gets fixed. Right now, the product is not useable for me - if it's working for you, great, but it's not for me, and I'm not the only one. 

7 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

It's not just the files, even after the program is correctly installed it's just way too buggy. I've tried many different airports (default MSFS, FlyTampa, premium MSFS) and different planes (Fenix, PMGD, Default 787, FBW, Default A320) and it just doesn't work properly.

Sometimes the jetways vanish, sometimes the vehicles drive through the buildings, sometimes the pushback acts weird... it's just not polished. I tried editing my parking position and the helper text (the one that tells you which keys do what) on screen was so small (I'm at 4k) that I couldn't read it (and I have perfect vision).. the list goes on. And that's when couatl decides to work. 

Just feels half-baked.

This "customizing" functionality, creating proper positions for the vehicles, marshaller etc, is not user friendly at all. Especially if you have reassigned your keyboard buttons etc. 

I , my opinion and decision, refused to use this and lived with the less precise positions. 

And this for every single parking spot on my 200 addon airports ....no way. 

Those who like it and do it....no harm at you all. Please don't feel attacked. 

It's just my opinion about this. 

Something I didn't like about GSX. 

Also the big stutter back in P3D, when arriving at an airport and calling the GSX screen for searching a gate....I do really hope this wont happen in MSFS and IF this is also happening in MSFS, then GSX will be a no-go for me unfortunately. 

The fact that some GSX functionality can't be used at Marketplace bought products is also something I will monitor and hope this will change. Because this is a further showstopper also (again just my opinion). 

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png