Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

8 minutes ago, Redge said:

I have completely uninstalled* GSX after experiencing consistent CTDs after 20-60 minutes of flight multiple times (across multiple routes and aircraft).

However, today, even without GSX installed, I am still unable to fly for more than 20-60 mins without getting a CTD!

Before installing GSX I don’t remember the last time I had a CTD, it was months ago.

How can I completely clear my system of this software?!

* As much as the installer will let me uninstall the files. 

After repeated CTDs with GSX I had quite a job getting the sim back to normal as like you I still got CTDs after I'd got rid of it. Deleted the rolling cache and scenery indexes. Then I renamed community folder and ran the sim. With the community folder back in place It's now rock solid again.

• Like 1

Just now, ricka47 said:

I fly to mostly small and mid sized airports with a few of the major ones thrown in (KIAD yesterday). I don't fly large airliners. I range from small single engine pistons and turboprops to small jets (HondaJet, Longitude). Would this add on benefit someone with these types of flights or is it designed mostly for those who fly airliners?

It might work for Business Jets (I think I saw SUVs bringing pax to the CJ4 in one of the preview video), but not sure about the others. In theory it should work with every aircraft if you configure it, so you'll have some SuVs coming up to your C152 🙂
So it might add immersion if you are simulating some sort of pax or cargo transport (it can do cargo only, too), yes.

5 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Would this add on benefit someone with these types of flights or is it designed mostly for those who fly airliners?

Curious of this too.

15 minutes ago, Redge said:

I have completely uninstalled* GSX after experiencing consistent CTDs after 20-60 minutes of flight multiple times (across multiple routes and aircraft).

However, today, even without GSX installed, I am still unable to fly for more than 20-60 mins without getting a CTD!

Before installing GSX I don’t remember the last time I had a CTD, it was months ago.

How can I completely clear my system of this software?!

* As much as the installer will let me uninstall the files. 

That is what I was afraid and the reason I wouldn't touch GSX with a 10 foot pole. MY MSFS is stable as can be, and I am keeping it that way. I clearly remember the GSX problems with P3D when I had it update back then. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

After repeated CTDs with GSX I had quite a job getting the sim back to normal as like you I still got CTDs after I'd got rid of it. Deleted the rolling cache and scenery indexes. Then I renamed community folder and ran the sim. With the community folder back in place It's now rock solid again.

Someone else over at FSDTs forum said that deleting the rolling cache stopped his CTDs with GSX installed, but I suppose you don't want to try that now 🙂

Also an update from FSDTs forum http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.180.html:

It seems like a remaining GSX install from P3D causes multiple problems, including crashes. So those who still have that for P3D might want to uninstall it and see if that solves their problems (all config files for airports and airraft on P3D will be kept, don't worry).

Me I uninstalled the P3D version beforehand and have not encountered any problems yet.

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Someone else over at FSDTs forum said that deleting the rolling cache stopped his CTDs with GSX installed, but I suppose you don't want to try that now 🙂

I'll give it a go in a weeks time when the cause has hopefully been identified. Plenty of quack cures on offer at the moment and no doubt it's something simple but I'm not going to fight this addon to make it work properly.

EDIT I've never owned P3D before let alone GSX.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Also an update from FSDTs forum http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.180.html:

It seems like a remaining GSX install from P3D causes multiple problems, including crashes. So those who still have that for P3D might want to uninstall it and see if that solves their problems (all config files for airports and airraft on P3D will be kept, don't worry).

Me I uninstalled the P3D version beforehand and have not encountered any problems yet.

The latest GSX update also corrupts GSX for P3D. So, now that both of my sims have been nuked by FSDT's brilliant QA process, I can go ahead and try the clean reinstall.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I’ve thrown the towel in for today, but will try clearing the rolling cache and community folder and see if that helps.

Despite the trouble I’ve been having with this I am still hopeful for the future of the addon. I’ll just give it a bit more time for it to mature before I try installing it again.

This is very frustrating. I’ve been trying to get this thing running for over 3 hours now without success. First there seem to have been some files missing and it didn’t work at all. After several attempts it looked okay and I could open the GSX menu in the toolbar, but as soon as I closed it I couldn‘t open it anymore and there was this message telling me that Couatl hasn‘t started. I tried rebooting several times, to no avail. I then followed the advice on the FSDT forum, uninstalled and reinstalled everything but now I‘m back to an incomplete download. No idea what to do now. I think I’ll pack it in and wait for a more stable version. Very disappointing. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

This is very frustrating. I’ve been trying to get this thing running for over 3 hours now without success. First there seem to have been some files missing and it didn’t work at all. After several attempts it looked okay and I could open the GSX menu in the toolbar, but as soon as I closed it I couldn‘t open it anymore and there was this message telling me that Couatl hasn‘t started. I tried rebooting several times, to no avail. I then followed the advice on the FSDT forum, uninstalled and reinstalled everything but now I‘m back to an incomplete download. No idea what to do now. I think I’ll pack it in and wait for a more stable version. Very disappointing. 

What do you mean by "incomplete download"? Do you use the "FSDT Installer" app to update/download? Where you have GSX and the FSDT airports listed and can activate, update, install etc. them?

Also another useful advice from FSDTs forum by another user:

"Problem with [GSX] Menu [in the toolbar] not coming up when pressed is permissions. You need to properties/compatibility menu of the couatl64_MSFS.exe file and click on the "Change settings for all users" button at bottom. Then select "Run this program as administrator" option apply and exit."

I did not have to do this, but some people run windows not as admins but as regular users, they might have to grant that abovementioned permission first

And all these problems for an addon that keeps you grounded way too long with its slow procedures and animations... I also don't understand how people can even look at those awful animations from the nineties and call it great. Saw a video from that (annoying) Fabio guy who was super hyped and happy while he looked at various people 'moving' around while I could only think 'ARE YOU TOTALLY BLIND?!?!?!?' Anyway, it's slowly getting back to me that I read about Couatl on the forum years ago and thatit always seemed a source for problems. I am mighty glad I didn't buy this based on the hype and I never will. But to each his own as usual. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tup61 said:

And all these problems for an addon that keeps you grounded way too long with its slow procedures and animations... I also don't understand how people can even look at those awful animations from the nineties and call it great. Saw a video from that (annoying) Fabio guy who was super hyped and happy while he looked at various people 'moving' around while I could only think 'ARE YOU TOTALLY BLIND?!?!?!?' Anyway, it's slowly getting back to me that I read about Couatl on the forum years ago and thatit always seemed a source for problems. I am mighty glad I didn't buy this based on the hype and I never will. But to each his own as usual. 😉

It's not like you'll have more fun with all the other addons that have moving pax, real ground handler people, real logos, actual pushback without manually driving etc.... because there are none.
I rather have some slightly awkwardly walking passenger coming up to my plane out of a actual bus than no visible passenger and no bus at all, but to each his own, as you said.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1