Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

Fellows, have some issues with the GSX Pro. Upon the first run everything seemed to be ok. I tested in EGKK Ultra project from flightsim.to 

The GSX used its own customs jetways. Just made a brief test. Then I notice that there is a live update icon on desktop. Tried to run. It was downloading something and then the window closed automatically.  I opened the downloader and saw that there was still update available. Tried to run. It was downloading something again but after GSX World update the  process suddenly finished, even though there were only 2% of progress. But the update was still available. It means that did not update...

I ran the sim again and noticed that the custom jetways gone. There were default jetways only. Got CTD several times. Also, when I call for boarding, after the bording the GSX automatically calls for fuel truck even though I did not want it...

I uninstall the GSX, deleted all possible files. Reinstalled again, but nothing changed... The situation with the update remained the same, no custom jetways, and call up for fuel truck after the boarding...

Any ideas how to deal with it? 

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

18 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You are the one that seems to be twisted, I just made a statement of logic being used????. 

there plenty of  post in  the  msfs  forum  about  ctd's  with users with out having  gsx,  and  pointing  to the  server. It  was  just bad  luck  that gsx  was  brought  out  the  same  time  that  users  were  having  ctds

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just out of curiosity: how long does it take for GSX to do the loading of fuel and cargo and catering and boarding for let's say a regular A320 flight? So from start to finish?

And if you think it takes too long can you simply stop and cancel it? Or do you have to wait until everything is really done?

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Just out of curiosity: how long does it take for GSX to do the loading of fuel and cargo and catering and boarding for let's say a regular A320 flight? So from start to finish?

And if you think it takes too long can you simply stop and cancel it? Or do you have to wait until everything is really done?

Refueling is done quite quickly as in real life, it's not a long haul aircraft. About 5 mins I'd say.
As for boarding and cargo you can change the speed of it (not the animation speed, just the duration), so as much time as you like. If you use a realistic amount of time it's about 20 minutes boarding for the A320.

Yes you can always just click "reset" in the GSX menu and all GSX equipment will be reset to the starting situation and you're good to go or start another service. This also comes in quite handy when you misclick or something bugs out or you want another ground handler because you don't like the logo of the one you chose 😄

GSX is only visual (until a dev integrates it into his aircraft systems to actually fuel the aircraft or actually load cargo), so you can pretty much do what you want when you want it. Look at it like the visual representation of what you actually do inside the aircraft (call catering, call deicing, boarding, refueling etc.). It creates an immersive ambiance, so to say.

The only thing GSX ACTUALLY does bring as a unique function is the one-click-pushback. This alone is worth it, in my opinion. On Vatsim ATC tells me "pushback facing east", I click "start pushback" on the GSX menu and once the tug is connected I click "nose right" and it brings me right on the taxiline facing east (of course with some interaction like the pushback driver telling me to release my parking brakes etc.).

EDIT: Oh and additionally as function one thing that comes in handy is the "warp" mode. You can tell GSX that you want another stand at another terminal and it can warp you there immediately without any side effects. Really good when you load in on Vatsim and realize you've loaded in onto another aircraft 😉

EDIT2: Keep in mind resetting and warping takes a couple o seconds (about 5) for GSX to reload, so until the clicking the GSX button will not do anything. Just FYI for the ones with too little patience like myself 🙂

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

there plenty of  post in  the  msfs  forum  about  ctd's  with users with out having  gsx,  and  pointing  to the  server. It  was  just bad  luck  that gsx  was  brought  out  the  same  time  that  users  were  having  ctds

There are also plenty of posts where people installed GSX, got instant CTDS, uninstalled GSX and CTDs stopped immediately. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, zorro747 said:

Fellows, have some issues with the GSX Pro. Upon the first run everything seemed to be ok. I tested in EGKK Ultra project from flightsim.to 

The GSX used its own customs jetways. Just made a brief test. Then I notice that there is a live update icon on desktop. Tried to run. It was downloading something and then the window closed automatically.  I opened the downloader and saw that there was still update available. Tried to run. It was downloading something again but after GSX World update the  process suddenly finished, even though there were only 2% of progress. But the update was still available. It means that did not update...

I ran the sim again and noticed that the custom jetways gone. There were default jetways only. Got CTD several times. Also, when I call for boarding, after the bording the GSX automatically calls for fuel truck even though I did not want it...

I uninstall the GSX, deleted all possible files. Reinstalled again, but nothing changed... The situation with the update remained the same, no custom jetways, and call up for fuel truck after the boarding...

Any ideas how to deal with it? 

Seems like you deleted the jetways and not reinstalled them (you should have two GSX folders [links] in your community folder, one called world of jetways]. GSX automatically caling the fuel truck seems like you activated an option for that in the GSX settings. CTDs probably due to MSFS servers, but hard to say what you did while deleting stuff manually. I suggest reading the manual to get an idea of what to do with jetways and what the option for the automatic fuel truck is.
If you still have problems please go to the FSDT forum.

• Like 1

respected simmer and fsdt dev

it is not easy to say ur problem in that forum because since last 3 days i was waiting for their approval for the log in in FSDT forum for approval so that i can bring my prob in the forum/ still waiting,i thing the dev is list bothered what the people are facing with their product. i dont understand why they have made the product installation so complicated. after buying the product there is so much problem with there update system .and more over they are not active in this big forum which they should. the price we paid does not come free. it is every body's hard yearned money. dev keep every one in the dark by not saying about the prob in the product hiding the truth from the costumer.no doubt it is a good prod. and more over there is no tutorial about how to properly installed the prod because there are people out there like me who is new to prod .so waiting for prob to be solved 

thanku

Hmm.. yep looking like a pass for now.. Will see how FSdreamteam handles these issues. Looked like a nice addon though (Skipped Prepared 3d) so i would have been a first time buyer.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

How not to use the stair when using the jetway? It connects automatically and i can't disconnect it.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

6 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

How not to use the stair when using the jetway? It connects automatically and i can't disconnect it.

Customize Airport Position. Check Disable staircases.

And while you are at it, disable the staircases for all of that airports gates that have jetways.

Also later today...RTM😁

• Like 3

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

I think I'm having a hard time understanding the translation. Does GSX work on other airports than Fsdreamteam? If I'm at Orly with the Justsim stage, will I be able to use the push back as well as the bus or it won't work ?

21 minutes ago, Traveler Ray said:

Customize Airport Position. Check Disable staircases.

And while you are at it, disable the staircases for all of that airports gates that have jetways.

Also later today...RTM😁

I tried but the jetway doesn't work.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, Axis3600 said:

I think I'm having a hard time understanding the translation. Does GSX work on other airports than Fsdreamteam? If I'm at Orly with the Justsim stage, will I be able to use the push back as well as the bus or it won't work ?

It works on all airports (except Marketplace airports because they are encrypted, but this will change in the near future). Orly is from JetStreamdesigns, isn't it? Anyway, yes you will be able to use all of it.

Edited by Fiorentoni
corrected: encrypted instead of de-

6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It works on all airports (except Marketplace airports because they are decrypted, but this will change in the near future). Orly is from JetStreamdesigns, isn't it? Anyway, yes you will be able to use all of it.

Haaaa ok, I misunderstood! I'm going to buy it!