Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Nah. I'm done.😀  Can't understand why it's such a controversial idea though?

Hah, I'm in the unusual position of actually siding with the devs of GSX here 😄

You cannot understand why it's controversial because you don't have the background knowledge/context to realize that what you're asking and consider "reasonable, simple and easily doable" is nothing of the sort.  This is not to disparage you, mind - I'm sure you're very knowledgeable about your field of work, whatever it is. 

In reality it is  extremely complicated, likely impossible (for technical and legal reasons), and in any case, not worth examining since even if it were arguably possible, it would take an immense amount of effort for very little gain - yes, you would be happy, but the vast majority of users wouldn't care. 

Just because something is (or might be) possible doesn't mean it makes business sense to do it.

As an extreme analogy, it's like saying "We're running out of lithium on earth? Why can't you just mine it on the moon - it's simple enough right?" or "Surely it can't be that hard to cure a common cold, right?"

Or, a simpler example - I watch Formula 1, and this year the Mercedes team has built a car that they simply don't understand - it bounces a lot and they can't fix it. As a non-engineer, I yell at the TV "Fix it!", but it's not that simple. 

Yes, I know this is a bit of hyperbole, but I hope it illustrates my point. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Talking about automation, what I would like from a program like GSX is that it does as far possible everything by itself. Only two buttons (I already have 'GSX preferred handlers' ticked in prefs. 🙂 ) So, with 'Start services' everything runs by itself, starting with stairs or airbridge connection. Then a 5 min. delay for the capt. to power things up. After the delay the catering arrives and thereafter the fueltruck (capt  then maybe must insert the amount of fuel if SimBrief doen't work). Then 'Start boarding'. During the boarding process the pushback tug drives already into position and finally, with turning on the beacon lights the signal is given to complete the procedure (cleanup) and the pushback starts.

Edited by Gerwil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

So, with 'Start services' everything runs by itself, starting with stairs or airbridge connection.

Don't own GSX but glanced through the manuaal tiday and afaik there actually is an option to start a chain of events with one command...? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reader said:

Perhaps you could start creating the database yourself, then you might be able to understand.

he  could  but  imagine  if  it  would  cause  ctds  again than  who  will  get  the  blame 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I tested de-icing but is it not possible to create a area for this de-icing procedure?

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

21 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

I tested de-icing but is it not possible to create a area for this de-icing procedure?

Would love that option too and define a de-icing area...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

André

Just on the profile thing again: the customised profiles aren’t required, lots of devs will include them with their airports given time. 

Happily eating my words-glad I didn't chargeback or return 🙂. The offline updater saved me, and it's working well now.

Very cool addition to the sim when it works! Some oddities with pushback and passengers clipping through things, but I'm sure they'll work them out.

• Like 3

I downloaded some GSX profiles for free and... WOW! just a file... Great job from GSX side to have this possibility and even from freelance devs who are giving an incredible contribute to the community with a simple file.

The major missing option at the moment is the full integration with some custom airplanes, such as PMDG. I mean real time boarding and fuel weight for example. I bet both will work on it.

Edited by YouDontKnow

18 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

I downloaded some GSX profiles for free and... WOW! just a file... Great job from GSX side to have this possibility and even from freelance devs who are giving an incredible contribute to the community with a simple file.

The major missing option at the moment is the full integration with some custom airplanes, such as PMDG. I mean real time boarding and fuel weight for example. I bet both will work on it.

I used p3d version for years. Mainly used it for pushback, marshaller and VDGS. What I don't like (watching some YT videos) is the slow pace and overall pushback process, like the guy animation (lack of duck movement) when installing and uninstalling the pin to the PMDG 737's. The "guy" takes too long from one task to another and when the pushback finishes, he is always on the wrong side of the aircraft and has to cross the front of it (which is a total immersion killer), making the process even slower. Another bug, that was brought from p3d, is the pushback truck sudden stop, which I very much dislike. When all of this is updated I will consider buying it for MSFS. The profiles are very welcomed for sure and will become very useful arriving at gate after landing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

4 hours ago, awf said:

Would love that option too and define a de-icing area...

I’ve done this in P3D. Made “gates” at the de-ice spot—run GSX de-icing from those spots. Easy workaround if you have some basic scenery editing skills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

I bet both will work on it.

I highly doubt it. PMDG wouldn't for P3D. Seems there is historic issues between FSDT and PMDG

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just out of curiosity, will this product replace the default jetways at default airports?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Just out of curiosity, will this product replace the default jetways at default airports?

Yes. It's optional, though.

• Like 1

What is the current state of the installer?  Does it load the correct files without having to uninstall all the FSDT Airports I have?  Is there news about an update/SP1?

TIA!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper