Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

Looks like the issue of not loading modifications to an aircraft is fixed. Tested on the DC-6 and passengers are now boarding at the correct position.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Installed GSX tonight after (erroneously) concluding that most issues still present involved eye candy features that I'm not interested in, like pax boarding. 

Sure wish I'd read the posts at the dev's forum first. I'm experiencing a major issue with the couatl engine not wanting to run correctly. At first it wouldn't start, after manually starting it and restarting the sim, I got the message that it wasn't running when it was (present in sys tray and task manager.)  Then after updating GSX (even though I'd only installed it an hour prior) I was able to get it to think it could run, but no matter where I load up, GSX always reports there are no parking spots and therefore it can't do anything but show a spinning loading wheel.

It also reliably kills Opentrack every time it starts. 

I ran the installer as admin, I've started couatl as admin, I have no anti-virus except windows defender.

I sure wish I'd read some of the many reports of these kinds of issues in the forum before purchase.  I understand why refunds can't be offered for software, but if they could I'd be ready for one.  It's un-installed now, with the hope that it might be fixed one day.  But if you're on the fence, I highly recommend reading some of the issues on the fsdreamteam's forum before purchase. 

Andrew Crowley

13 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

But if you're on the fence, I highly recommend reading some of the issues on the fsdreamteam's forum before purchase. 

The problem with your suggestion is that it is like reading yelp reviews. If there are 100,000 happy customers, and 200 unhappy customers, almost all of the 200 will take the time to post a negative review (or their problem on a support forum) while the other 99,800 are happy and quiet about it.

My installation does none of those things, so I would recommend differently.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

You can indeed get a refund. Email them and ask for one. If they don’t respond you can always do a chargeback - but they do usually issue refunds, though not without dropping in a snarky comment about how their software is perfect. 

• Like 1

Since yesterday i have a loading problem. I start GSX, i select deboarding then nothing. I see please wait. I can't use pushback and such.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Stayed away from GSX so far as it seemed there’s been a few teething problems?… How’s things now? An how is performance generally?

28 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

An how is performance generally?

I've noticed no impact on FPS.

I also never had any of the issues other people have had.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Same. Works just fine, apart from a weird behavior of the Couatl engine. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I've noticed no impact on FPS.

Ah good… A very popular (rather annoying) YouTuber Swiss001 had commented on very poor performance with GSX.

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Same. Works just fine, apart from a weird behavior of the Couatl engine. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't.

Same here. Also no performance issues. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

How’s things now?
An how is performance generally?

When it works, it mostly behaves nicely and adds a lot to the airport environment.
That's why I finally bought it. Again.

And I remember it always being like this - I've had it since day one in FSX and then P3D. An unpredictable follow-me car, stutters when loading destination services, crazy ground vehicle drivers (drunk driving, killing each other or commiting suicides on plane engines), Couatl not starting or - for a change - crashing later, etc. It is my third sim with GSX and... deja vu? But I did buy it because, all in all, for me advantages of simming with it outweigh the problems it has. It is cool to have animated passengers, and a semi-interactive pushback (much better than Asobo's). I very much look forward to full integration between GSX and Fenix, something like I had with FSlabs in P3D.

As for performance, I did not find any noticeable difference with or without GSX, so thumb up from me in that aspect.

Would I recommend it now? I guess yes, on condition that you do some reading around and know what to expect.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MDFlier said:

The problem with your suggestion is that it is like reading yelp reviews. If there are 100,000 happy customers, and 200 unhappy customers, almost all of the 200 will take the time to post a negative review (or their problem on a support forum) while the other 99,800 are happy and quiet about it.

My installation does none of those things, so I would recommend differently.

Well, there's truth here, but a bit of reasonable judgement is required when reading anything on the internet; reviews are no exception. 

For a product that at least launches reliably, complaints will be more centered on various idiosyncrasies of the workings of the software. The PMDG forums, for instance, are littered with complaints about the product not yet having an EFB - something that is clearly disclosed to customers on the product's sales page.  There aren't any complaints to be found about the product simply failing to install or function at all. 

And yet, on the FSDreamteam's forum, there are. There are MANY complaints about this, from many people. It's not just a few disgruntled users but a decent percentage, that can't get the product to run at all.

So there's obviously a difference in the state of these two products.  😉

How's the performance of GSX?  Pretty bad. Even though it's not actually running correctly, it manages to kill my headtracking pretty reliably.

Again, I'd recommend reading these threads over at the FSdreamteam forum. My complaint is FAR from a one-off.  I'm not interested in being a beta tester even for free; I'm certainly not interested in paying for the "privilege."  It seems this software wasn't quite ready.  Bugs are to be expected, but when a decent percentage of users can't even launch the software...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Ah good… A very popular (rather annoying) YouTuber Swiss001 had commented on very poor performance with GSX.

He's funny, although I think he's far too obsessed with the secret life of NPCs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

For a product that at least launches reliably, complaints will be more centered on various idiosyncrasies of the workings of the software. The PMDG forums, for instance, are littered with complaints about the product not yet having an EFB - something that is clearly disclosed to customers on the product's sales page.  There aren't any complaints to be found about the product simply failing to install or function at all. 

Well, there are, and lots of them, every single time Microsoft release an update. If you read the official Flight Simulator forum after every major update, it's completely littered with hundreds of horror stories like program not starting, endless updates, CTDs, Community folder completely wiped out, 3rd party airplanes completely broken, which makes you wonder if the program was even tested. When in fact IT WAS, by thousands of users who signed up for the Beta, yet when the release date comes, it will always cause issues to a lot of people, not because the program is "buggy", just because it's used by a lot of people, plain and simple.

If you don't see any complains after a release, it doesn't automatically means the product is "reliable", it might just have been a commercial failure. May I suggest a flawless and 100% reliable product that, according to "reviews", is our best product ever ? Here, our beautiful LFNC St. Crepin airport:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,71.0.html

Only ONE problem reported, marked as solved. Best product ever.

• Upvote 1

That's because nobody can afford the fuel to fly all the way to St Croix. 😶

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440