Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

the Canada world update touched some of the default airports that have GSX jetways so now the parking spots on the world map are out of sync, for example CYWG.

Edited by Tuskin38

21 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

the Canada world update touched some of the default airports that have GSX jetways so now the parking spots on the world map are out of sync, for example CYWG.

It's already updated in GSX, should be alright now.

• Upvote 1

Have a look at the last page of the GSX manual if you're on SU11 beta. There is an edit you have to do to get the cursor keys working again in edit mode.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Is this mod worth it? Still deciding on whether or not to get it.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

I'd like an update on this too. I read some time ago on the GSX forums that a patch was due resolving some of the big issues but haven't seen anything released.

For example, weren't they supposed to fix the fact that Marketplace purchased airports don't work properly with GSX (one of my big gripes)?

44 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

For example, weren't they supposed to fix the fact that Marketplace purchased airports don't work properly with GSX (one of my big gripes)?

If you look three posts up you'll see @Tuskin38has posted the release notes for the latest update that addresses that issue.

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

More correctly perhaps, it is in the process of being addressed. The feature is currently beta and I am experiencing some issues with airports not being recognized when the function is enabled.

Personally I think GSX is great it if you are into passenger and cargo liners. Aside from the added eye candy it also improves pushback and parking operations. Do keep in mind that Asobo (and even some third party scenery designers) have been very sloppy in coding their parking positions, and some editing in GSX will be necessary to get good results. Compared to the version for FSX, I find that GSX for MSFS is somewhat clunkier for editing, but I understand this is because of limitations within MSFS.

One thing that GSX and tools like FSLTL have made clear to me, is that we desparately need good AFCAD files!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

13 hours ago, Johan217 said:

One thing that GSX and tools like FSLTL have made clear to me, is that we desparately need good AFCAD files!

Agreed! Having modified lots with P3D and FSX, I find modifying them for MSFS much more complex. That, and the fact that editing a 3rd party AFCAD/ADE (which I only do for personal use to add parking codes when developers are too lazy to add them themselves) is FAR more complex....well, to me anyway.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

23 hours ago, captain420 said:

Yep definitely worth it 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Sounds like i will wait a bit longer on this one. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I just saw that Umberto needs the SDK to provide more information about the jetways, so that the passengers can walk up the jetway (right now, the passengers sometimes walk outside the jetway in mid-air).  Please like Umberto's post here in the SDK Q&A, so that GSX can get the information it needs about the jetways: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sdk-q-a-ask-your-questions-here/552074/11

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

still on the fence with this one, have it in P3D but it stopped working properly, followed some advice but got frustrated with it in the end....when this is working it is very immersive, I read about a universal installer, is that the way to go?

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.