Sign in to follow this  
xenonsk

Beautiful model of the world new domain

So a couple of month later, still nothing new for us members.

The base concept went from "You get access to all the airports that will be created later." to "all members get new airports at the expense of new subscribers. Pyramid type."

He is selling directly on the MSFS marketplace, Orbx, simmarket, etc... and I guess it's much more profitable for him.

I don't really get what he is expecting acting like that, members buying full price airport?

Edited by bendead
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bendead said:

So a couple of month later, still nothing new for us members.

The base concept went from "You get access to all the airports that will be created later." to "all members get new airports at the expense of new subscribers. Pyramid type."

He is selling directly on the MSFS marketplace, Orbx, simmarket, etc... and I guess it's much more profitable for him.

I don't really get what he is expecting acting like that, members buying full price airport?

He might be expecting that, but I think what he actually achieves is members illegally downloading the new airports and feeling legitimate in doing so.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

He might be expecting that, but I think what he actually achieves is members illegally downloading the new airports and feeling legitimate in doing so.

I'm not condoning piracy, but if any of his members done what you suggest, I don't think any court would find them guilty of piracy, in fact he might be in breach of contract.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Amon1973 said:

I'm not condoning piracy, but if any of his members done what you suggest, I don't think any court would find them guilty of piracy, in fact he might be in breach of contract.

And that's why I don't get it, he could stop new member to join if it not viable for him, just keep uploading airport for current member and focus on other market venues.

Stay true to his words and keep his reputation, everyone wins

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Deleted

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, bendead said:

And that's why I don't get it, he could stop new member to join if it not viable for him, just keep uploading airport for current member and focus on other market venues.

Stay true to his words and keep his reputation, everyone wins

Fully agree with this statement!

He says it’s about the sanctions, but the real underlying issue is that the sanctions broke his self-described “pyramid scheme” of attracting increasing numbers of users, and his planned “business model” simply wasn’t profitable anymore.

I’d humbly submit that this scheme (like all pyramid schemes!) was never going to be profitable in the long-term, and that the way this has played out makes clear that he was going to unilaterally change the terms of the contract whenever that unprofitability became obvious to him. Even with no war forcing that issue earlier.

I guess this was arguably a “good deal” for customers even with the subset of available airports, but that doesn’t at all change the fact that the guy contracted to provide future airports for a flat one-time fee, then simply reneged on that contract with a lot of hand-waving about sanctions. You’d have to be nuts (or very naive) to buy anything from this guy again if you paid for this “subscription,” and it’s incredible to me that he can’t see that he’s permanently losing all his best future customers by doing this…but he seems to be a much better modeler than a businessman.

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

You’d have to be nuts (or very naive) to buy anything from this guy again if you paid for this “subscription,” and it’s incredible to me that he can’t see that he’s permanently losing all his best future customers by doing this…but he seems to be a much better modeler than a businessman.

Putting aside the ethics which I agree look extremely dubious, I for one had managed to download every airport he produced before the war, so am happy with what I got for the original sum. I too would not buy another airport from him simply on principle. A fair proportion of the free downloads from flightsim.to never get updated now, so I view his original airports the same.  So far as his "best future customers" are concerned, they are all now coughing up nearly as much for a single airport then we did for the whole series and with his exposure to so many in the MSFS Marketplace who probably are not aware of his past business practices, I guess he is laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Every cent that flows to that country will in some way prolong agony.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

No wonder every time I checked for a new release, it was on hold. LOL

When I started as a Mobile DJ in the early 90s, my goal was to build a business based on WOM referrals. I was able to achieve that by providing a friendly, reliable, caring, and ethical service. That attitude carried over to my CFI service. There was no social media in those days.

Today, integrity is one the most important characteristic of a personalized service, and bad WOM can spread rapidly.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, motishow said:

Sincé Monterrey airport there is nothing new in his page. Is death this page?

Genoa has been updated to v.2 today.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well I feel ripped off.  I subscribed and only got to download one airport, thinking that the rest would always be there when I wanted to download them.  I really wanted Monterey. 😕

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Well I feel ripped off.  I subscribed and only got to download one airport, thinking that the rest would always be there when I wanted to download them.  I really wanted Monterey. 😕

I still can download all airports that were included in my subscription.

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)