Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

New Small Update SU-10 Beta

11 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Hey... I didn't say what your quote says I said. Please edit.

sorry; I took a quote from your quote from Hobart Escin. corrected.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

14 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Oh boy, at that point you are probably just being a contrarian that doesn't want to move on, not because you have any arguments or love of flight simming.

you are preaching to the choir. I was among the first to sign up for the MSFS beta back in 2019, and never used any other sim ever since. should have included a "sarcasm ahead" warning sign:

"Sarcasm is the caustic use of words, often in a humorous way, to mock someone or something.[1] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[2] although it is not necessarily ironic..... with an undercurrent of irony, by the extreme disproportion of the comment to the situation". obviously the extreme disproportion was not obvious.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

23 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: Oh well. The point was to show how little stutters occur whilst panning around. But then the recording itself introduced stutters. I guess you just have to take my word for it then. I can hear Mr. Heisenberg laughing from his grave. 

:laugh:  Most of the youtubers for MSFS say the recording software introduces stutters that they didn't see while they were flying.

What do you use?  I found the Nvidia Experience built in recorder was the smoothest for me, saving to an SSD.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Duplicate post deleted...

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@turbomax I might have misquoted you in an earlier post. My point was to reflect my disbelief in the statement: "most simmers still keep FSX and haven't switched to MSFS". 

At this point Ray usually shows up and warns us not to derail the thread further 😉 If not we might end up proving Godwin's law to be true. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I might have misquoted you in an earlier post. My point was to reflect my disbelief in the statement: "most simmers still keep FSX and haven't switched to MSFS". 

Honestly, if more than 100 people still using FSX till today, that's got to be one of Microsoft's biggest success of all time...

• Like 1

Roi Ben

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

What do you use?  I found the Nvidia Experience built in recorder was the smoothest for me, saving to an SSD.

Xbox game bar. I used to use Nvidia. But I ditched that as part of my ongoing (neverending?) struggle to resolve "my" memory CTDs. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Xbox game bar. I used to use Nvidia. But I ditched that as part of my ongoing (neverending?) struggle to resolve "my" memory CTDs. 

Well, after playing your video through a few times, it really didn't seem that stuttery anyway - pretty good really. 

I would have given my right arm a few years ago for those visuals with that kind of smoothness. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Honestly, if more than 100 people still using FSX till today, that's got to be one of Microsoft's biggest success of all time...

Apparently 929 people are playing FSX: Steam Edition right now...

https://steamdb.info/app/314160/graphs/

Though I'd expect at least some of them to be dual or multi-sim flight simmers.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Apparently 929 people are playing FSX: Steam Edition right now...

https://steamdb.info/app/314160/graphs/

Though I'd expect at least some of them to be dual or multi-sim flight simmers.

I must admit this is very impressive for a 16 years old game that reached end of life after 2 years 🙂

• Like 1

Roi Ben

Given that CU1 has brought new photogrammetry data for a few German cities, did SU10 beta correct the issue with FPS drops when flying in North America if photogrammetry cities were enabled in the rest on the World?

Edited by F737MAX
spelling

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

When I visit the Flightsim.com forums I am always amazed by the number of FSX related posts. As an aside related to the absence of airport buildings, I am yet to visit a small airstrip without the associated buildings and I’ve flown into many. Even the CDH6 35’ wide airstrip in the middle of nowhere in my neck of the woods had the buildings correctly placed. Go to 2:59 of this video.

• Like 6

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Given that CU1 has brought new photogrammetry data for a few German cities, did SU10 beta correct the issue with FPS drops when flying in North America if photogrammetry cities were enabled in the rest on the World?

Yes.  They traced it and appear to have nailed that one.  I have not seen it mentioned for a while.

• Upvote 1