Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Fall City (Washington), Around and up close...

In my earlier post, I'd taken a short flight from KBFI (Boeing Field / King County International Airport) to the small Private Airport of Fall City (1WA6), approximately 20 miles east of Boeing Field. Located just outside of the town of Fall City, this airport is a "Private Airport Community". See, below (in shot #1), the large "PRIVATE" marking on the Rwy, where the Rwy marking would normally be... (FAA and AirNav sites list the Runways simply designated as "E/W" = i.e., "EAST/WEST"... 90/270 degrees respectively) ...

The town of Fall City, though small, actually seems to pack a big punch as a major tourist attraction. It got its name (most likely) due to its location near the (famous) Snoqualmie Falls. The Snoqualmie Falls, a popular tourist hotspot, in all of Washington and beyond, (btw, also of "Twin Peaks" drama fame), is where the Snoqualmie river (spectacularly) falls 270 feet down a precipice (see 2 shots of the Snoqualmie Falls, below). The Fall is located just about 4 miles further east of Fall City airport. In fact, I could clearly see the waterfall, immediately after being airborne from the East Runway of Fall City airport. The township, located barely 30 miles from the (large) Seattle metropolis, is scenically tucked-away, and grew up around the Snoqualmie river, that runs twisting around the community (see pictures of the river and the town, in the very last 3 shots, below).

I read somewhere, "From August through November (i.e., starting just about now), in the RW, it’s possible to see thousands of spawning salmon in the rivers of the Snoqualmie valley. Each fall, "native" salmon (i.e., native to Snoqualmie) make the impressive journey all the way from the Pacific Ocean to their birthplaces in these streams and rivers that feed into Puget Sound (Note: Salmon fish always return to the place they were born to lay their own eggs). The native salmon complete this incredible feat thanks to their extremely strong sense of smell, which is about one million times stronger than ours..."...Oh well...Also, though the salmon can easily swim upstream, the Snoqualmie Falls present a formidable (upstream) barrier for fish, so there are no salmon found above them...but abundantly only in the river below...

Orbx, as usual, has done a great job bringing out an authentic feel of this tiny place (airport and town) ...with plenty of a/c activity, roaming service vehicles, and residential housing, spotted around the airport,..visited, here, virtually, in the Fall Season, but Winter in the town, would surely have its own distinctive appeal. I read in the Orbx introduction, "...5 seasons color matched imagery..." and "...In the fall, you'll see leaves falling from trees onto the ground..." etc. Though I did not test (and wait for) the "falling leaves", I did test the (remarkable) seasonal differences in the color of the trees, for several successive months, across the Fall season...See e.g., the 3 identical (B2B) screenshots below of the same trees in the months of September/November/January. In the fall, the state of Washington is known to glow with the colors of Autumn beginning in late-September...but, for now, these virtual pictures, below, will have to do, for most of us, in lieu of a RW visit in the Fall season... (noting that the Fall colors around the Midwest can also be quite spectacular) ...

Hope you enjoy this sample of pictures from (and around) the Fall City Airport. The airport, being privately owned, you'll normally not visit it, as you could any other public airport, except, of course, right here, by virtual means, with yours truly, as the guide...🙂... (On the FAA bulletin, the (1WA6) Airport use is listed as "Private use. Permission required prior to landing", and contact information is provided for those of you who may be able to fly in piloting your own (real) a/c into this scenic airport and this quaint little town...) ...Sounds like a place for good fun and great sights...!

Thanks for viewing these virtual sights from my tour of Fall City (Washington)...!!

YGxIMv.png

DZwDwg.png

XxTwPZ.png

T9d100.png

y5E8Sm.png

PBejQ9.png

TwZChv.png

AdH8D1.png

3oIzH1.png

oM3j6T.png

qovEIC.png

8qt25x.png

vuljYs.png

fnHiD4.png

n2bzsU.png

h3X2Al.png

Jk2bA5.png

yfP2Vx.png

5YFxiq.png

MtQAFc.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Excellent capture of the character of that area and the airport!  Thank you for posting these.  I badly wish that now in MSFS 2020 there were more open hangars.  Open hangars show life.  The big rub if there is any for msfs is that the airports, especially GA local and regional airports, look so lifeless.  Even the mega number of freeware airports suffer the same fate due to the character of objects available in the libraries.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank:

Thanks for the comments and thoughts...! I was more hoping to hear you say that you have had a chance to visit Fall City IRL...🙂....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ha those are awesome.  I just took a flight there today in MSFS - you should definitely consider installing the new sim!  

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the interesting stories.

You always show an interesting description of what surrounds the flight.

It attracts and fascinates to make a flight in places where you have already visited.

• Like 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

That`s a nice set Mister P_7878 !

cheers 😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Like Frank said , I miss the open hangers of the the past with Orbx  . I was really disappointed with Biggin Hill for MSFS , over 

100 hangers and only one that opens . Anyway rant done , loved the post Sir . 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

***Gorgeous Shots***They really sum up The Coolness and Fun of GA at local,small Airfields ***

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Folks:

Greatly appreciated your taking the time to provide comments and thoughts...🙂.... it's also great to note I made some of you to look up this place (in your own virtual world) ...🙂...BTW, the MSFS (Orbx) Fall City looks much better, with, as I see, more structures, hangars, embankments etc...and it's less than 1/4th the cost of the one for FSX/P3D... (Though I recall I'd got this one quite a while ago, during one of their SALEs...). Hope some of you will consider it worthwhile to acquire this add-on to go visit the (beautiful) Snoqualmie Falls...

And agree, having seen most of the major (Intl.) airports of the world, yes, there is a certain unique coolness and fun at small airports and airfields...Of course, Orbx being a master of recreating the warmth of such places...helps...!

Cheers...!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2