Sign in to follow this  
flySWISS

GSX Pro - Top or Flop?

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Yeah,  they can take my money now.

I hope you enjoy it but don't say that you weren't warned.😀

With all due respect, but part of the flightsim community has become a bunch of whining, constantly bashing, just always demanding crybabies, who can't handle the simplest editing stuff or properly maintaining a pc system, never have done anything for the community, let alone coding some software.

Gone is the time we have been a community united with developers, costumers, power users which help each other to enjoy this beautiful hobby. It's just sad! McDan out
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, McDaniel said:

With all due respect, but part of the flightsim community has become a bunch of whining, constantly bashing, just always demanding crybabies, who can't handle the simplest editing stuff or properly maintaining a pc system, never have done anything for the community, let alone coding some software.

Gone is the time we have been a community united with developers, costumers, power users which help each other to enjoy this beautiful hobby. It's just sad! McDan out

If it’s buggy and unstable, how’s that whining?

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

9 minutes ago, McDaniel said:

Well, that was a completely idiotic kneejerk post. 

• Like 6

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Well, that was a completely idiotic kneejerk post. 

No, it was another side to the discussion and with all due respect, it contains more than a grain of truth, once again, as evidenced in this very topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's a early access product for full retail price.

The bugs will get fixed but I still can't get my head around why it's been released in this state. 

• Like 2

FSDT GSX - Own goal?

I'm a long time user of GSX in P3D, and was looking forward to the release for MSFS.

Sadly, I see that FSDT have caused the same major headaches for customers with this version, repeating EXACTLY the same problems that drove some P3D customers crazy on multiple occasions - and its do to do with installation/updates.

I can understand the reason behind using CloudFlare to assist in distributing installation packages around the world. However, just like with numerous major updates with the P3D version, customers were getting faults/failures with this installation, simply because not all of the updated GSX files had synced across all the content servers.

I was hoping that FSDT would have duplicated the required files and installed in a special MSFS directory, so that previous P3D versions did not impact the MSFS version (if the full MSFS version had not been fully rolled out yet).

Secondly, I was hoping that FSDT would have come up with a better release/trigger to allow, say 2 days for ALL of the update code to be replicated over the content servers BEFORE making the update package available to new customers.

Instead, because of the same problems with content not fully replicated, many users have ended up with a 'bad taste' from GSX, having just purchased it and it not working at all for 1 or more days (due to content servers still not fully refreshed. 
Had a better release mechanism been used, at least there would have been far less unhappy customers, in that at least a full correct version would have been installed first time around.

It would have vastly reduced the number of issues/complaints on the FSDT forum as well!

As it stands now, here in the Antipodes, I still cant have my P3D and MSFS versions installed without the MSFS failing to start.

I know FSDT will eventually sort out new installers for P3D version, and the content servers will eventually have the right files for a full and complete install, but its a headache that has happened before and could have been prevented for this important and iconic release.

I'm glad I bought GSX for MSFS and it will just get better and better as time goes on, as FSDT are very prod and enthusiastic for their product (and so they should be).

8 minutes ago, Reader said:

No, it was another side to the discussion and with all due respect, it contains more than a grain of truth, once again, as evidenced in this very topic.

No, it was a nostalgic kneejerk post, with rose tinted glasses from a time where the market was much worse off, thinking it was some happy, gleeful time of support, community and friendship. Back when, the markets were much smaller, products had much worse support, simulators were a lot more unstable and janky. People had to resort to forums and having to help each other to get this ballet of jank to actually play nice. Developers could engage because the user group consisted of just enough people to know them all on a first name basis. This is back when developers had egos the size of planets and the reason why most of the "old guard" flight sim addon makers keep coming across as arrogant and pretentious. Now, times have changed, markets have changed, there's a LOT more customers and there's actual expectations from products that come with a price that is sometimes as much as the simulator itself and the support. 

Gone are the days where people will bow and scrape over being served half-baked products and then spend days on forums to excuse it every step of the way. Gone are the days of people wanting to blindly buy the next mediocre product because the avenues of informing yourself have expanded so much, that you can quickly get a good feel of how the product is within hours of release, without having to drop your hard-earned money. Just in this thread alone we still have all the blind supports, who want everyone to simply buy the products, call it bad when people form an opinion based on videos or other posts, no no you simply have to drop money you sheep and wait for it to be fixed, give respect based on nothing!

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

17 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Back when, the markets were much smaller, products had much worse support, simulators were a lot more unstable and janky. People had to resort to forums and having to help each other to get this ballet of jank to actually play nice. Developers could engage because the user group consisted of just enough people to know them all on a first name basis. This is back when developers had egos the size of planets and the reason why most of the "old guard" flight sim addon makers keep coming across as arrogant and pretentious.

I hope your day gets better, as it clearly is not going well so far.
In fact I don't have any products from FSDT but I can clearly and objectively see that they are well run, highly responsive to customer demand and very prompt in answering support requests, not to mention fixing reported bugs in their products and explaining why they were there in the first place.
If you were looking for a target for your evident dislike of payware developers, you picked the wrong one.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sethos said:

He's a real stellar guy, great friendly support. 

there is an expectation in some parts of the world that customer support should be:
1. a grovelling apology for the customer having to spend time making the request or complaint in the first place
2. an immediate fix or remedy for whatever has been reported, however unrealistic that might be
3. ingratiating thanks for being a loyal and valued customer
4. and finally that the developer should then make some kind of restitution, such as a free product, to compensate for the trouble caused

In other parts of the world, the approach is different.

Sometimes, when the expected result does not materialise, the disappointed customer takes to reddit or avsim to loudly complain about
the rudeness and lack of manners of the person who did not do exactly what they felt entitled to.
They very rarely engage directly with the person who caused them so much distress.

In fact, it is just a different and more direct approach, a bit like saying that someone died, instead of "passed".

Edited by Reader
  • Like 1

Just now, Reader said:

there is an expectation in some parts of the world that customer support should be:
1. a grovelling apology for the customer having to spend time making the request or complaint in the first place
2. an immediate fix or remedy for whatever has been reported, however unrealistic that might be
3. ingratiating thanks for being a loyal and valued customer
4. and finally that the developer should then make some kind of restitution, such as a free product, to compensate for the trouble caused

In other parts of the world, the approach is different.
Sometimes, when the expected result does not materialise, the disappointed customer takes to reddit or avsim to loudly complain about
the rudeness and lack of manners of the person who did not do exactly what they felt entitled to.
They very rarely engage the person who caused them so much distress directly.

In fact, it is just a different and more direct approach, a bit like saying that someone died, instead of "passed".

You are just coming across as a complete apologist for them now, wonder why that is. 

• Like 1

You will need to invent your own conspiracy theory, as a difference of opinion clearly is not within your understanding.
Enough now, or the moderators will come and close the topic down.

Top. It's stable for me and has tripled my MSFS immersion. I'm just glad to do not have to use MSFS baggage trucks anymore.... or manual pushback.

I agree however that the release was pretty bad (wrong files, last minute bugs etc.). And I feel sorry for those with CTDs, but I'm optimistic they will be done with in a couple of days.

• Like 4