Sign in to follow this  
flySWISS

GSX Pro - Top or Flop?

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The place to complain is in the FSDT forum.

The original reason for the post was to get peoples experience and reactions to the release of said product. I even disagree with you saying the place to "complain" is on the FSDT. That would be where one would go for "support". At the end of the day, this is a forum, where people come to discuss, critique and share experiences about our hobby. The OP was just essentially asking "hey, is this product good, or bad?" In it's current and infant state, it appears it's pretty rough around the edges. No one is attacking the developer or saying he's a bad guy. But, just because his previous products in other platforms were good, doesn't mean that he's immune from criticism on his newest product, in this platform. 

• Like 8

It was a pain in the word not allowed to uninstall all FSDT products then reinstall all of them but after that it works flawlessly.  Quite chuffed now.

I saw this scene in real life several times over the last month.  The only thing missing is that the other vehicles are white but like the past I'm sure some one will make them purple and plaster them with stupid sayings.  I need the pushback truck to have the "I'm a little pushy" sticker.

spacer.png 

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

The original reason for the post was to get peoples experience and reactions to the release of said product. I even disagree with you saying the place to "complain" is on the FSDT. That would be where one would go for "support". At the end of the day, this is a forum, where people come to discuss, critique and share experiences about our hobby. The OP was just essentially asking "hey, is this product good, or bad?" In it's current and infant state, it appears it's pretty rough around the edges. No one is attacking the developer or saying he's a bad guy. But, just because his previous products in other platforms were good, doesn't mean that he's immune from criticism on his newest product, in this platform. 

Trouble  is  how  do you expect  The  dev  to be  looking  at so many  forums  to  try  to solve  the  issues, by posting in the  correct  forum at least  will speed  up the  fixes 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I even disagree with you saying the place to "complain" is on the FSDT. That would be where one would go for "support". At the end of the day, this is a forum, where people come to discuss, critique and share experiences about our hobby. The OP was just essentially asking "hey, is this product good, or bad?"

Support and complaints are hand in hand. One usually comes with the other. No point complaining here where the developer is unlikely to visit.

Good or bad is too binary. There was clearly a problem that the beta testers never experienced. We have no idea how difficult it was to develop GSX for MSFS. Given it’s taken 2 years some slack should be given.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No point complaining here where the developer is unlikely to visit.

Users visit forums such as this exactly to find opinions on products like this. So yes, there absolutely is a point in discussing complaints about the software here, to enable other users to make an informed choice. We as users and customers are not only here to make vendors lifes easier/better/whatever.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

55 minutes ago, rka said:

Users visit forums such as this exactly to find opinions on products like this. So yes, there absolutely is a point in discussing complaints about the software here, to enable other users to make an informed choice. We as users and customers are not only here to make vendors lifes easier/better/whatever.

Exactly. 

These posts here saved me 30 € and probably hours of hassle. 

I will look at GSX again in a few months.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 2

I reinstalled GSX today to give it another go. I got a CTD two hours into a flight. Yesterday I had uninstalled GSX and was pretty much flying all day and had not one single CTD.

It could well be that the CTDs have nothing whatsoever to do with GSX I just don't know. But it would be a very strange coincidence that on Friday with GSX installed I was getting frequent random CTDs, yesterday without it I had no problems whatsoever and today, having reinstalled it I was back to square one with a very annoying CTD.

I'll keep trying though but at the moment it's a Flop for me.

(One thing I did notice on Friday when I was having issues is that the AI planes were acting very strangely. I have Simple Traffic and there were planes stuck on runways and liveries constantly swapping 5 times a second. Could this have anything to do with the way GSX alters the airports?)

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I reinstalled GSX today to give it another go. I got a CTD two hours into a flight. Yesterday I had uninstalled GSX and was pretty much flying all day and had not one single CTD.

And yet the developer says is not GSX fault, is Asobos 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

15 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It could well be that the CTDs have nothing whatsoever to do with GSX I just don't know. But it would be a very strange coincidence that on Friday with GSX installed I was getting frequent random CTDs, yesterday without it I had no problems whatsoever and today, having reinstalled it I was back to square one with a very annoying CTD.

"when you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains however improbable must be the truth"... 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

And yet the developer says is not GSX fault, is Asobos 

that is generally Umbertos approach when it comes to problems (at least to me). I remember years back with one of his scenerys having problems and the same "discussion"

EDIT: I deinstalled GSX and did the exactly same flight and this time no crash.......

Edited by RTK1972
  • Like 1

Carsten U

1 hour ago, rka said:

Forums like this are useful for people reporting problems. That’s fine. Complaining here is pointless. There is a difference. One is primarily objective - you report actual facts - but the other is subjective and generally achieves nothing.

There’s a big difference between complaining and discussing. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There is definitely something wrong with the simulator, it has just crashed yet again with nothing at all in the 
Community folder. This was the memory access error.
The only addons are all in the OneStore folder and therefore, according to Asobo, they are incapable of causing problems.
The simulator is the RTM version, not the beta.

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Complaining here is pointless.

Complaining about a product makes up  90% of posts on avsim 

Seeing this video from Emanuel (part 2) where he says now even the CTDs are occurring after he uninstalled GSX Pro. Could be really really bad timing. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

33 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Seeing this video from Emanuel (part 2) where he says now even the CTDs are occurring after he uninstalled GSX Pro. Could be really really bad timing. 

Now even though things are still not very clear I have much respect for Emi (737ngdriver) doing such a video to change his previous statement. However I don't quite understand the title - he did no uninstall it "again", did he? He rather said he had CTDs even after uninstalling GSX and thinks there is no connection between those.