Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

I've spent most of the last four days making a concerted effort to get MSFS running...last major effort was about a year ago.  Between the snowblindness from blown-out overexposed visuals when flying above the clouds and the CTDs, it's been even more of a nightmare than the previous times I've tried to give this sim a chance.  Time to go fly something reliable and wait to see if SU10 provides any relief.

Three CTDs here yesterday--unable to complete a flight.  Two ntdll and one in flightsimulator.exe, all memory exceptions (0xC0000005).  Plain Jane up-to-date Premium Deluxe Steam install...only add-ons are FSUIPC, Navigraph, and the PMDG 737.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Is anyone having crash issues using the Map Enhancement Mod?  The reason I ask is because I have about 120 flight hours in the month of August without a single CTD (knock on wood) and have been using the Map Enhancement Mod 100% of the time and therefore not streaming default Bing data, only Google.  I guess just another speculation to consider.  No CTD since installing GSX on release day either.

Ryan

Two to three flights a day in the Fenix, no CTDs.. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Is anyone having crash issues using the Map Enhancement Mod?  The reason I ask is because I have about 120 flight hours in the month of August without a single CTD (knock on wood) and have been using the Map Enhancement Mod 100% of the time and therefore not streaming default Bing data, only Google.  I guess just another speculation to consider.  No CTD since installing GSX on release day either.

I was just thinking the same. I've been haunted by memory CTDs for the last month. But strangely, after starting to use the Map Replacement Mod the last few days, the sim is much more stable. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Got one CTD during loading the PMDG736 at ENGM . A reload sim solved it apparently.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

11 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

This is an interesting speculation. I flew with the M.E.Mod now a couple of month without any CTDs. Yesterday I uninstalled the Mod. Since then I had already 3 CTDs (ntdll). Pure Accident or with a reason? I don´t know, but I am going to install it again now 🙂 Maybe I´ll disable the live-weather, too

Hi,

Same here: memory could not be read.

I didn't have CTDs for ages! 

Till now.

Greetings.

I am more and more convinced these are promulgated by server side issues. There are many advantages to cloud services, however, there's no getting around the need for a solid conduit to the local machine....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I was getting a lot of random CTD's for a long time. I tried everything imaginable (reinstalls, reformats, etc) including disabling the CPU overclock but nothing ever worked. 

The only thing that worked was when I turned off the DDR3400 XMP 2.0 memory profile and set the timings manually to DDR3333.

Once I did this the CTD's completely stopped, and I haven't had one since. SU10 Beta has been running flawlessly. Knock on wood.

I was even able to increase the OC to a reasonable 4.4. 

This old 6700K is still going strong.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

I had CTDs in June, but now most of them  gone. I didn't do anything specific just trivial stuff like deleting rolling cash, updating nvidia drivers/windows drivers. No  CTD short or long hauls PMDG 737 or Milviz 310.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I had CTDs in June, but now most of them  gone. I didn't do anything specific just trivial stuff like deleting rolling cash, updating nvidia drivers/windows drivers. No  CTD short or long hauls PMDG 737 or Milviz 310.

I had 3 CTDs last month, all on a Saturday morning. I did nothing, except restart PC after each CTD.. I changed nothing else. And just as the CTDs suddenly started, they stopped within hours.  None since then.  I was pretty convinced at that point that it was an issue caused by the servers,  sending corrupt data that the sim choked on.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can this be Windows 11 related? I'm on Windows 10 and have no CTD's (and I only use live weather and no Google map mod).

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Can this be Windows 11 related? I'm on Windows 10 and have no CTD's (and I only use live weather and no Google map mod).

I'm on Windows 11, have had no crashes this week, done multiple flights this week. I'm on the SU10 Beta.

Edited by Tuskin38

The only CTD's I had were also in June. After coming back from a one week holiday MSFS CTD'ed for 3 or 4 flights in a row in 2 days. After that, without me doing anything, all was fine again and has been up to now. Odd. 

• Like 1