Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Getting CTD recently more often

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Has Asobo confirmed this? I haven’t had the chance to follow the official forums today.

I read this morning on the official 1300 comment thread a post by an official community manager who states he is an MSFS employee. They cannot get a CTD themselves. Ersonally I couldn't even fly more than 45 mins. Just using the autopilot on a heading in the 737,no flight plan or engagement with the sim. Live weather off or empty community folder didn't help. Did all the scannow things to check windows too. Last night I disabled live weather, live traffic and multilayer and sim was still flying 6 hrs later so for me it's starting to look like a server issue or something to do with data on the ai traffic. 

Chris 

• Like 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I am currently suffering from the CTDs as well, but the problem is, that I don't get any errors in the Event Viewer 😕

• Like 1

Jan Podlipsky

Same here, but it seems to be at certain airports more than others.

For instance, I currently get a CTD at Alpine, Wyoming (default - no addon) about 30% of the time.
Yet very few CTD's otherwise, mostly only with very long flights.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Gang,

When Asobo are asking for your location, just a reminder that this is NOT the location of your aircraft. This is your location, where you are sat at home as they are currently checking to see if regional servers are part of the issue and if those servers are having connection issues in certain countries.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

- Jane Whittaker

On 8/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, Bunchy said:

I initially tried that as a first step but Win 11 said it could not find the file or some such message, other people saw the same issue.

As an update to where I am now:

Win10 re-installed, sim re-installed and just trying a 4 hour flight from OMSJ to VGEG in the Fenix A320. 

1 hour in so far, looking good so far.

No idea why this ntdll.dll error cropped up. My new system has been running perfectly since I built it, maybe a win update did something but strange quite a few people suddenly getting the same error.

Stu

Spoke too soon, CTD again.

Over a thousand posts about it on official MS forum. 

Lot's of different set ups, SU9, SU10, Steam or MS. All seem to suffer CTD's caused by ntdll.dll or memory can't be found.

In my case, fresh Win 10 install after experiencing these CTD's in Win11.

Vanilla sim install (SU10) with just Fenix addon. (Had these CTD's in SU9 on Win 11 prior to going back to Win 10)

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

20 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

Exactly what I was thinking: updating your Bios o more modify windows register is a risky take with little to none chance of success. Reinstalling MSFS is a huge waste of time as it's not going to change anything. 

I can vouch for that.

Reinstalled Op system and sim........ still CTD's.

Should have just waited. Hindsight is so lovely.

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

The fact that many many, but not all have this problem, speaks against a server issue (even not all on European servers have the problem, some on US and Asia servers have the problem, but not all). On the other hand a server problem is the only cause, I can think of right now. As nothing has changed in the sim (also no WIN updates or something else).

FlyByWire Simulations

2 minutes ago, Watsi said:

The fact that many many, but not all have this problem, speaks against a server issue (even not all on European servers have the problem, some on US and Asia servers have the problem, but not all). On the other hand a server problem is the only cause, I can think of right now. As nothing has changed in the sim (also no WIN updates or something else).

we share the same thought process. I am wondering if there is an intermittent corrupt data packet or even something as silly as a latency issue tripping something.

• Like 1

- Jane Whittaker

Hello,

Just a dumb question : why isn't there, for MSFS, something equivalent to the log.txt in x-plane ? Many users are reporting errors relying on the Windows' events observer. In case of CTD, whatever the cause I presume (the servers e.g.), it comes from one or several files that are not correctly loaded. At this stage, as it seems, nobody can identify what type of files exactly. In x-plane, you may able to identify if the problem comes from a scenery, a plugin, an aircraft, and so on. Devs are using the log.txt to narrow the spectrum of possible issues. Here, from several days one, we are always at the stage of speculations.

• Like 1

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

1 minute ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

Just a dumb question : why isn't there, for MSFS, something equivalent to the log.txt in x-plane ? Many users are reporting errors relying on the Windows' events observer. In case of CTD, whatever the cause I presume (the servers e.g.), it comes from one or several files that are not correctly loaded. At this stage, as it seems, nobody can identify what type of files exactly. In x-plane, you may able to identify if the problem comes from a scenery, a plugin, an aircraft, and so on. Devs are using the log.txt to narrow the spectrum of possible issues. Here, from several days one, we are always at the stage of speculations.

MS has much more insight in your crashes than you do. They get pretty detailed crash reports from the sim (it's only you, the user, who can't see them 😉)

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

Got a message saying the data connection had been lost, moments later a CTD. That would firmly suggest a server issue. 

• Like 3

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

Maybe Simlink is causing the problem.
Has anyone tried flying without  simlink?
Had problems with the P3D in the past.

Frank

• Like 1

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

2 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Maybe Simlink is causing the problem.
Has anyone tried flying without  simlink?
Had problems with the P3D in the past.

Frank

What kind of addons use simlink?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I had CTD last night 30 minutes into a flight without any obvious reasons! First time since long time

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

@bobcat999

Navigraph Simlink

Edited by f.skywalker
  • Like 1

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt