Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Shouldn't take much longer...

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

So much negativity. Its hard to run a flightsim and stream live at same time. Takes a lot of resources. Cant expect it to not impact FPS.

My fault, it wasn't a stream. They were recording with a smartphone or a camera how Austin explains stuff in front of a monitor with XP12 on, and bad fps and stuttering was clearly visible. I think even Austin mentioned that they even didn't started working on an performance optimizations at the time.

Edited by Pe11e
  • Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

11 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

So much negativity. Its hard to run a flightsim and stream live at same time. Takes a lot of resources. Cant expect it to not impact FPS.

100s of streamers can run a stream and a flightsim in parallel without issues. Just saying.

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

10 minutes ago, rka said:

100s of streamers can run a stream and a flightsim in parallel without issues. Just saying.

And have you looked at there setups. So much negativity and it hasnt even being released yet. Wheres the person with the smile.🙂

Just now, mjrhealth said:

And have you looked at there setups. So much negativity and it hasnt even being released yet. Wheres the person with the smile.🙂

What about their setups? Please clarify. What is the issue LR are having to recreate a setup that normal dudes are able to build in their bedrooms?

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

In any case we should be able to check by ourselves once the demo version becomes available.

It's going to be a fast evolution from release to stability, I am sure.

The LR team has grown, not dramatically but enough - I believe - in number and above all in commitment / enthusiasm to respond to the new challenges.

There's a very special characteristic about LR, and it's team - they appear to really LOVE X-Plane and what they do, each of them, for the sim !

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, rka said:

What about their setups? Please clarify. What is the issue LR are having to recreate a setup that normal dudes are able to build in their bedrooms?

Maybe they dont want to just because you want them too. That the biggest issue is every body is "I want" and laminar so this is what we are doing and the get so much disrespect just for doing whats best. Sorry from what I have learned its very rare that the customer is right, especially in this. Im glad they stand there ground instead of bowing to every request. I wonder if anyone will have a smile when its released,

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Maybe they dont want to just because you want them too. That the biggest issue is every body is "I want" and laminar so this is what we are doing and the get so much disrespect just for doing whats best. Sorry from what I have learned its very rare that the customer is right, especially in this. Im glad they stand there ground instead of bowing to every request. I wonder if anyone will have a smile when its released,

If LR said tomorrow, XP12 will be black and white graphics only, you'd find a reason to justify that and lash out against greedy customers and their wish for color graphics, wouldn't you? 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The last X-Plane Development Update was 19 May 2022. It would really be nice to get some updated info from the source. Three months is a bit of an information gap for those of us looking forward to XP12.

• Like 2

Jim Morgan

1 hour ago, jcjimmy said:

The last X-Plane Development Update was 19 May 2022. It would really be nice to get some updated info from the source. Three months is a bit of an information gap for those of us looking forward to XP12.

Yeah, really. But then again maybe they are so busy prepping the August launch that there's no time to write about it. Wishful thinking.

• Like 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 8/23/2022 at 4:13 PM, Colonel X said:

Yeah, really. But then again maybe they are so busy prepping the August launch that there's no time to write about it. Wishful thinking.

It is strange if XP12 is going to release in the coming days (if the 30 day reference was in fact real), that Laminar wouldn't be doing more to promote it with new videos/screenshots or development blog posts. They did quite a bit of promotion a couple of months back with video interviews but that was mostly showing the same clips and images over and over again. I'm not saying this to be critical of LR, I want X-Plane 12 to be a great success, but I do think they could improve a little their marketing.

7 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

It is strange if XP12 is going to release in the coming days (if the 30 day reference was in fact real), that Laminar wouldn't be doing more to promote it with new videos/screenshots or development blog posts. They did quite a bit of promotion a couple of months back with video interviews but that was mostly showing the same clips and images over and over again. I'm not saying this to be critical of LR, I want X-Plane 12 to be a great success, but I do think they could improve a little their marketing.

At least they upped themselves this time. With X-Plane 11 they released some... less than impressive teasers and then it dropped, as far as I remember. Was such a weird marketing run. This time they've been doing streams, events and much better teaser material.

Though they could definitely improve a lot more, update the blog with information bit more often, generate some hype and do some shorter videos leading up to release. I feel like one day I'll wake up and they dropped it without much fanfare. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB