Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-800 anticipated to release between August 23 to 31

1 hour ago, wiler said:

Fenix did it right and actually considering they will provide free updates in the future the base price was even a bit low for what you get.  

If Fenix do an A321 or other A320 family aircraft without another charge I will agree with that statement. But so far their package is the same as what PMDG are offering and they have not confirmed intentions with other airframes yet so this statement is not correct to make.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I was flying the Zibo 738 on XP and now the PMDS 737-700 because it was the first on the market.

And I have to admit, besides the fact it feels a little bit more like a sport car than the 800 it is the same airplane for me.

I can't understand their business model but I respect it and I hope they will sell a ton of them so they can produce more quality addons.

But most importantly I would have preferred to get a fully functional EFB this week than another version of the same plane...

As of today it feels they want to make money, more than have the best addon possible on the market, who can blame them? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

If Fenix do an A321 or other A320 family aircraft without another charge I will agree with that statement. But so far their package is the same as what PMDG are offering and they have not confirmed intentions with other airframes yet so this statement is not correct to make.

they also gave us out of box a AC w best in class efb. Lets see what Fenix does w the 319/321(if they even do those). If they charge an upgrade fee like 30 I wouldn't be angry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

10 minutes ago, wiler said:

they also gave us out of box a AC w best in class efb. Lets see what Fenix does w the 319/321(if they even do those). If they charge an upgrade fee like 30 I wouldn't be angry. 

Fenix are well within their rights to charge for the A319 or A321 if they do it, and there would be nothing unethical about doing that, as the A319 and A321 are an entirely new model. Many other 3rd party aircraft developers also charge money for a new model of an airplane, so Fenix would only be doing what other 3rd party aircraft developers do.

PMDG already charges for different variants of the 737, I don't see why Fenix can't charge money for an entirely new model.

Be happy that Fenix is giving away the sharklet upgrade for free, since FSLabs charged some $70 USD for the sharklets.  Also, Fenix has to pay their staff, their rent, and other business costs.  They can't give everything away for free, or else they will go out of business.  So it's fair game for Fenix to charge for the A319 and A321.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Fenix are well within their rights to charge for the A319 or A321 if they do it, and there would be nothing unethical about doing that, as the A319 and A321 are an entirely new model. Many other 3rd party aircraft developers also charge money for a new model of an airplane, so Fenix would only be doing what other 3rd party aircraft developers do.

PMDG already charges for different variants of the 737, I don't see why Fenix can't charge money for an entirely new model.

Be happy that Fenix is giving away the sharklet upgrade for free, since FSLabs charged some $70 USD for the sharklets.  Also, Fenix has to pay their staff, their rent, and other business costs.  They can't give everything away for free, or else they will go out of business.  So it's fair game for Fenix to charge for the A319 and A321.

Totally agree. 

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Embargo lifted....we're testing what we hope to be the final version now.

Here are a few paints I'll have ready (If we don't release her before I get them all ready, there is a LOT to do to get a plant properly uploaded to flightsim.to LOL)

Ouwi7l.png

T69etX.png

uzMYk1.png

B0ualu.png

uCFpeM.png

Community painters are going to go nuts on this model....when selecting liveries I wanted to paint, I start with requests from the beta/PMDG team members, then friends, then ones I've done previously.  All the ones above are by request from the team.

Here are the ones that will come with the package.  The Freighters are the normal lot....FedEx, DHL, Prime, ASL, Etc.   Hopefully won't be long now guys.  I have no idea when, or the pricing.  I just test (and paint) 🙂 

nyekSm.png

• Like 19

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Embargo lifted....we're testing what we hope to be the final version now.

Very nice steve, you told me in a stream about the Sonja Norwegian repaint you had done. Looks really nice, When i went on it, it had the EI-FHE reg.

May I ask for the L ....? 😉

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'd agree in principle, though to be fair, with each variant FSL brought a whole bunch of new features beyond the external model and flight dynamics.

I'd gladly pay for an ACCURATE dynamic model, though the question remains how would you fairly price a new external + dynamic model given all other features remain the same?

7 minutes ago, guenseli said:

May I ask for the L ....? 😉

LOL....yes, I'll paint Luxair for you Guenter  .😂

9 minutes ago, ckukmale said:

When i went on it, it had the EI-FHE reg.

Yeah sad that they get bounced around airlines so much these days.  NOD was the one a beta tester was actually flying during the testing and he got me some great pics of her.  He asked that I paint her when she was in her glory days fresh from the factory...she's looking old and worn out now. 😞 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Luxair

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

there is a LOT

Great to know it's coming too! 😁😜

• Upvote 1

@Steve Dra

Nice to see you have included Mango and Comair! Although both airlines are now defunct, it's great memories...can you try a Safair livery?

Edited by Peter Webber
Typo

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

2 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

@Steve Dra

Nice to see you have included Mango and Comair! Although both airlines are now defunct, it's great memories...can you try a Safair livery?

I'm sure Safair will be done in short order once she's released.  I did paint it for the iFly in P3D, but paint hangar is completely stuffed with current paints right now.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg