Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Auto Generated Marinas & Boats_Free Addon

Hi All, 

Most of you may be interested with this, so I wanted to share the info for heads up.

https://flightsim.to/file/38499/mamudesign-marinas

This is another new addon which is owned by a good community developer, adding auto generated marinas & boats around the world. Coverage is quite well and will probably be increased.

Adds much immersion to the sim and FPS friendly.

Thanks to the developer, as he did with his other addons.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 26
  • Upvote 3

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Thank you, looks great 😀

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Amazing, Mamudesign doing great work once again!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

thanks

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Thanks for the heads up - what a great addon!

Marina-1.png

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

It's cool, but there can be things like this. It uses OpenStreetMap data so things that are a labelled wrong by contributors, can end up with things like this. It's not an issue with the addon, but the dataset.

wQRDkpW.png

But where it looks good, It looks good

iMBTdVc.png

lKNhS5P.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6

This is a great add-on. As one example, try the North Point Marina, on Lake Michigan just south of the Wisconsin-Illinois line, and you will find dozens of highly detailed, beautiful boats that were not there before. Random checks of other places show similar results. 

• Like 1

Also try eastern Vancouver Island... really adds a lot to the scenery!  🙂

• Like 2

Bert

Oohh thanks for the heads up, as a low & slow coastal flier this mod is gonna be great for me, Mamu really adding to the world with his amazing free content.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

13 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's cool, but there can be things like this. It uses OpenStreetMap data so things that are a labelled wrong by contributors, can end up with things like this. It's not an issue with the addon, but the dataset.

wQRDkpW.png

lKNhS5P.png

You get it, and thanks for your understanding !

That's how the thing works, 

with enough data the placing can be one-to-one with real life, otherwise something odd can happen

About the first screenshot, i have and idea to solve that situation, can you please share me the location? Thanks again for the review!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Excellent add-on again from this developer. Hopefully he'll add more coverage soon. Thanks!

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This add-on is great.

I live in Scandinavia and here almost all leisure boats go to dockyards during the winter times (November to April). Any change to implement that in sim (just docks, no boats)?

• Like 1

This is amazing. It appears to also generate the wooden docks of each marina as well and also breakwater rocks in some places.