Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Auto Generated Marinas & Boats_Free Addon

44 minutes ago, Kassu62 said:

This add-on is great.

I live in Scandinavia and here almost all leisure boats go to dockyards during the winter times (November to April). Any change to implement that in sim (just docks, no boats)?

I didn't add the boats as SimObjects, so the change can't happen automatically (so much Simboject in a restricted area will likely make the SIM crawl like a snail)

However, you can easilly disable the boats by renaming their bgl inside the scenery/marinas folder. 

Each country as a specific bgl for piers, breakwater, inland boats, marinas boats (sea side) and random boats (boats not attached to piers)

Rename the desired bgl as .bak and boats will go away 😜

Btw, I made this choice because the upcoming GAIST new version will add live boats powered by AIS, see some screens where they will add leisure boats also, so disabling the parked boats will give them more room to maneuver!

Edited by mamu82
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mamu82 said:

About the first screenshot, i have and idea to solve that situation, can you please share me the location? Thanks again for the review!

@Tuskin38 could confirm but I believe it’s here: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.6309545,-63.5651423,16z?client=safari

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Awesome work, thank you VERY much mamu82!! 🍻

What next? Trains? Cows? 😉

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Awesome work, thank you VERY much mamu82!! 🍻

What next? Trains? Cows? 😉

That's tempting!

To be honest, the boats addon should have included bunch of seagull for every marina, (I have flocks of them already compiled), but turns out they are too heavy on mainthread. Being them hardly visible (you have to stay stationary searching for them over the boats) I have discarded those birds, waiting for a better solution (I used the "fauna" because they have really good animations, maybe I should create mine from scratch)

Trains..trains...I think that for those an in house solution is required (Asobooo/Microsoft you have a train SIM, come on!)

The thing about trains is that they follow tracks, with wide range curves, and for long distances (and should obviously follow the terrain). All we have now are waypoint animations. They are good for boats (GAIST is a splendid proof) or for airplanes, but for trains it is not  reliable, yet. Hope for an improvement in the future or some other system! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mamu82 said:

That's tempting!

To be honest, the boats addon should have included bunch of seagull for every marina, (I have flocks of them already compiled), but turns out they are too heavy on mainthread. Being them hardly visible (you have to stay stationary searching for them over the boats) I have discarded those birds, waiting for a better solution (I used the "fauna" because they have really good animations, maybe I should create mine from scratch)

Trains..trains...I think that for those an in house solution is required (Asobooo/Microsoft you have a train SIM, come on!)

The thing about trains is that they follow tracks, with wide range curves, and for long distances (and should obviously follow the terrain). All we have now are waypoint animations. They are good for boats (GAIST is a splendid proof) or for airplanes, but for trains it is not  reliable, yet. Hope for an improvement in the future or some other system! 

What about container terminals... nearly every port has a container terminal and could benefit from proper 3D cranes, and containers on the dock.  Check out this scenery add-on I use for Vancouver that helped a lot. I wonder if this could be made more automated like your marina's to cover container ports all over the world?

https://flightsim.to/file/33073/port-of-vancouver-vancouver-bc-canada

1 hour ago, mamu82 said:

yes, this one can be addressed with a simple fix 

that pier is pretty close to and industrial area, so i can exclude boats and piers that are there .. another task for the algorithm!

This is exciting!

Could this freighter loading dock also be excluded by the algorithm?

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.7489989,-123.6263258,16.62z

Bert

@mamu82

It looks superb from the little quick look I just took, thanks so much for this mod. As you say there's some issues, here in England (Brighton, south coast to be precise) the Boats show up under the two Piers which they don't in real life;

20220823194213_1.jpg?width=1169&height=6
20220823194201_1.jpg?width=1169&height=6

Looks great in Shoreham Lady Bee Marina though, thanks again 🙂
20220823194111_1.jpg?width=1169&height=6

Oh and Brighton Marina looks great as well
20220823194235_1.jpg?width=1169&height=6

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The boat sizes could vary more from marina to marina. If the distance between two piers is small, then boats are typically smaller.

This is just awesome.  I toured Cape Cod today as part of my ongoing 2020 Stoopy World Tour* and had my nose pressed against the window glass like a little kid.  MUCH nicer than seeing shadows of sunken boats!

XsJ0MXY.jpg

zDJmMmp.jpg

QtR1OlW.jpg

rrR7CIs.jpg

syRC9I0.jpg

* check with local ticket scalpers for availability of tickets in your area.  Meet Stoopy and buy him food and beer!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Two more areas that need a touch up.. Near Victoria CYYJ

Swartz bay ferry terminal

3ELZS1D.jpg

Cruise ship terminal for Victoria, Ogden Point

D2ZBPVK.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

@Bert Pieke and @MarcG

i have pushed to osm the required fixes 😉, (will remove boats and piers manually while the data is ingested by my source), 

next update won't show piers and boats there

@MarcG the boat party under the Brighton is a new attraction!! 🤭

@Kassu62 I'm working hard with the GIS software in order to accomplish this task!

• Like 6