Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Auto Generated Marinas & Boats_Free Addon

40 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

Please change OSM data only when you are sure of what you are doing.

I would only change locations which I personally know.. ie in my immediate surroundings.

I look forward to your next update (after you return from a well deserved vacation) 😉

In the meantime, I can now exclude the very few locations that I often fly over, using the SDK scenery editor..

• Like 1

Bert

16 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

but the people who run the sim can't ?

Who says they can't? All the autogen buildings, churches, stadiums, some airport buildings and bridges are done via OSM data just like this addon (though the addon has access to newer data) Asobo could probably do it fairly easily if they wanted to. Maybe if someone had started a thread on the official forums and it got enough votes they would have looked into it.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just wanted to say this is a great mod and adds a lot to the sim. Tired of the old sunken flat MSFS boats and while a few still show up, they're barely noticeable anymore with this mod having 3D boats above on the water surface.

• Like 1

James

Amazing mod!  North Wales, UK.

Marina1.png

• Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

19 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Who says they can't? All the autogen buildings, churches, stadiums, some airport buildings and bridges are done via OSM data just like this addon (though the addon has access to newer data) Asobo could probably do it fairly easily if they wanted to. Maybe if someone had started a thread on the official forums and it got enough votes they would have looked into it.

"If they wanted to" is the key here

E.g.? There is already a 3d about powerlines, cable cars, antennas and mast

Still planned, since 2 years. In the meantime Puffin and Mamu did their best to fulfill the voters needs (and a bunch of other community creators for other 3ds)

Churches: they have the algorithm to place them , France has them, England too..no churches in Italy (autogen ones I mean), and we already has our world update

So you are right, they can.

Still waiting for what they can do, but aren't doing yet 

I understand the feeling of @Sunshine13

• Upvote 2

Are you supposed to turn off Photogrammetry for this to work? 

8 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Are you supposed to turn off Photogrammetry for this to work? 

No

• Like 1

Bert

thank yu mamu82 this definitely brings life to the sim.!!!

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

23 hours ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Thanks @mamu82 Denmark is alive - it is brilliant!

Sønderborg Marina near EKSB 🙂

Sorry a bit OT but is that screenshot using live weather?

On 8/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, St Mawgan said:

A little too many boats for me when travelling up the Thames from Southend. If there was a slider I would put it at about 50% at the most. 

sorry missed your comment

unfortunatly there is no way to "slider" sceneries 😞

11 minutes ago, mamu82 said:

But maybe a version with 50% less boats per marina? Sorry if this sounds to demanding and fine if you do not want to take the additional effort, but if it is already asked 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

For those of you who already have the Vessels add on and think there are too many small boats around all marinas, you can disable this mod's random boats around marinas by renaming "yourCountry-random-boats.bgl" file inside the addon folder / scenery/a-mamudesing-marinas, this will remove undocked boats.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, mamu82 said:

@mamu82 Just a clarification question... As various users now make changes to the "mooring" tags for various piers, are you able to ingest these changed data points for your mod, or are we dependent on MS/Asobo for the changes to take hold?

Bert