Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Give Reshade a try if you have been reluctant!

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Nevermind, I think I edited my .bat file as I don't ReShade in my user folder. The important thing is to check that the folder name in the .bat file corresponds with the actual MSFS folder name. And that you have the ReShadeInjectUWP folder in your user folder.  

Well it starts the launch to bring up the splash screen and the error message, so must be pointed to the correct location?

3 hours ago, abennett said:

I followed you guide exactly but get this message, any ideas?

https://ibb.co/LxGX7Lt

Strange that you get this error message only while launching with ReShade. Others that had the same error fixed it like this:

• Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
  • Once it’s done: In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
  • Microsoft Windows Store should open: Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
  • Try launching the game again.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Strange that you get this error message only while launching with ReShade. Others that had the same error fixed it like this:

• Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
  • Once it’s done: In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
  • Microsoft Windows Store should open: Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
  • Try launching the game again.

Thanks for that, seems a bit in depth for me, and I don't really understand what that stuff is doing, so I better leave it.

1 minute ago, abennett said:

Thanks for that, seems a bit in depth for me, and I don't really understand what that stuff is doing, so I better leave it.

What it basically does is uninstalling then reinstalling gaming services. Can also be done from the command prompt by clicking windows key, searching for "command", then right-clicking command prompt and "start as administrator". 

I'm sorry it's not working for you, but I don't have any other ideas at the moment. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I just use a high cloud layer inside MSFS as my "re-shade". I will fly live weather when it's not clear, but when it's too bright and clear, I have a custom preset I switch to which gets rid of the washed out issue. The key is not to overdo it and make it too dark.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

19 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I want to give this a go but cant make myself use the Google Maps enhancement tool. I value system stability too much especially in light of all the CTD mess.

Same, I just can't find myself using it, but it does indeed look gorgeous!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

21 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I wrote a guide on ReShade recently, you’ll find it in the tips and tricks subforum. It might help you get started. 

Thanks! I'll take a look.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

On 8/23/2022 at 1:34 AM, MrBitstFlyer said:

Oh, that's interesting!  Outside of calibrating my monitor I don't have experience like yourself - I wonder why it looks pink on your display?  I calibrated to D65 so I am confused why there would be a difference.

Sorry for the pile on but I can also detect a pinkish shade. It's only slight, though. At first I wondered if you'd take the picture at dawn or, more likely, dusk but that doesn't appear to be the case. My monitor is hardware calibrated, too, incidentally.

So this Google imagery, I'm a bit behind the times for various reasons... where's it coming from?

On 8/23/2022 at 1:33 AM, MrBitstFlyer said:

MSFS is too warm.  I know this because my display is calibrated to D65, yet MSFS has various wrong tints, especially yellow and green.  You seem to argue against your own point - you state few people have calibrated displays, yet finish up by saying people should start by display setup for accuracy and then using ReShade which is exactly what I have done.  A couple of replies show the importance of starting with a calibrated display as they state my images have a reddish tint, which seems to suggest their display is not correctly calibrated.

Sorry, but it really does have a reddish tint. I have a calibrated monitor and also rechecked your pictures on a high end mobile display.

Edited by Ohmsquare

10 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

Sorry, but it really does have a reddish tint. I have a calibrated monitor and also rechecked your pictures on a high end mobile display.

Obviously I don't see a tint and my display is calibrated. I would love to know why others are seeing a reddish tint - I just loaded Avsim on my iPad Mini and Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 and I don't see any tints!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Sorry for the pile on but I can also detect a pinkish shade. It's only slight, though. At first I wondered if you'd take the picture at dawn or, more likely, dusk but that doesn't appear to be the case

At the start of the thread my third picture was at the end of the day so I can see a slight reddish tint in the apron.  If we both have a calibrated display, what else may cause you to see a red tint?  SDR/HDR or something else?  I would love to know if the issue is my end!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

26 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Obviously I don't see a tint and my display is calibrated. I would love to know why others are seeing a reddish tint - I just loaded Avsim on my iPad Mini and Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 and I don't see any tints!

Maybe our eyes have different color sensitivity. No other explanation comes to my mind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ohmsquare said:

Maybe our eyes have different color sensitivity. No other explanation comes to my mind.

Correct!

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

[...] I would love to know if the issue is my end!

Given that many people (me included) can see a tint, it strongly suggests that 'the issue at your end' is you!

Not that it's a problem. It just demonstrates a practical example of academic studies into colour perception. When you get a moment, have a read of this:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-superhuman-mind/202006/why-we-dont-see-the-same-colors

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

That's interesting @F737MAX. Some of these discussions can seem a bit futile as it's so dependent on the individual perception - and preference. As for myself it would be hard to fly without the ReShade LUT tweak now. Every now and then I turn it off just to check - and the difference to me is just huge. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Second screenshot people are talking about it not pink or Red, its magenta and is clear to see, on my calabraited Samsung, my old work samsung and on a ipad air. Its more down to people eyes what they "see" but that screenshot is a perfect case of a magenta cast. Some will like it some will see the magenta. Each to there own and taste. All I see personally is the magenta cast, horrible to my eyes. But some will not see it, down to how  there screen is set, eyes and taste.

EDIT: I just showed it to a guy that works for me who use to work in a lab developing photos, the first thing he said was..."magenta is way out""

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip